• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raw after WM |OT| Suplex City Bitch!

Nameless

They blew their load the first hour. Should've set up Brock vs Seth as the ME and closed with the massacre/suspension if they really had nothing else.

Ithil

Post-Mania RAW is meant to be setting up a big thing to tune back into at the end. Brock's return, Ryback turning on Cena, Shield vs Evolution, etc.

This was nothing at all.

Post-Mania RAW is meant to be setting up a big thing to tune back into at the end. Brock's return, Ryback turning on Cena, Shield vs Evolution, etc.

This was nothing at all.

Enjoy watching the same thing you've been watching. Shoving Reigns down your throat. I'm out. This is my last Raw for the foreseeable future unless something drastic happens.

Eidan

Enjoy watching the same thing you've been watching. Shoving Reigns down your throat. I'm out. This is my last Raw for the foreseeable future unless something drastic happens.
Haha WWE is not turning back on Reigns. As I said before, he's pretty popular, despite what a chorus of boos from guys who feel the need to tell you whose dick the Divas have sucked, would have you believe.

bill0527

Sting said he's open to opportunities if the WWE throws any his way.

Then the crowd started chanting Undertaker.

Then Bo Dallas came out and ate a scorpion death drop.

My dichotomy of admiration and loathing of Vince McMahon continues. He booked a great Wrestlemania but fucking buried Sting and it looks like he's happy to continue doing it.

Haha WWE is not turning back on Reigns. As I said before, he's pretty popular, despite what a chorus of boos from guys who feel the need to tell you whose dick the Divas have sucked, would have you believe.

So some girls scream for him and the rest is dead silence, boos, or you can't wrestle chants. Yeah he is pretty popular.

Eidan

So some girls scream for him and the rest is dead silence, boos, or you can't wrestle chants. Yeah he is pretty popular.
At the Smackdown viewing I went to a couple of weeks ago he got the biggest pop of the night. At Axxess, during the four days I was there, his line was second only to Cena in terms of length. Same with merch.

Eidan

You infer from what I say, I imply.

I'm not implying anything, either way. I'm bored of the "but house show crowds" excuse.
Fair enough. Just calling it as I see it, that Reigns is divisive, but still obviously popular. I think a good heel run will help with the older male heat he's getting now.

Fair enough. Just calling it as I see it, that Reigns is divisive, but still obviously popular. I think a good heel run will help with older make heat he's getting now.

Eh, I don't know if he can pull off the badass heel that eventually turns you face, ala Brock and 2000 HHH, role, nor could he pull off the chickenshit heel role.

He seems too wooden to be the cocky heel like the Rock, but who knows.

Ithil

Fair enough. Just calling it as I see it, that Reigns is divisive, but still obviously popular. I think a good heel run will help with older make heat he's getting now.

A heel run would remove said tenuous popularity with "house show crowds".

Reigns reminds me a lot more of Kevin Nash as Diesel. Hung back as a mostly silent enforcer and then got a bigger push than the guy he was enforcing for (Rollins until last night or Ambrose; in the case of Nash, Michaels) and ended up being forced in as a dominant face. Hell Nash's push was way worse... Turned face on Sunday at the PPV, took the strap from a veteran 3 days later in an untelevised match and then held it as suddenly the top face in the company.

I don't like him now. He's boring and I dislike guys who's moves are just big punches, but I wouldn't write him off from developing, or being pushed as a heel at some point.

I liked where they took him at Wrestle mania as a relentless guy addicted to pain who doesn't know when to go down. Saw none of that tonight.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Can you imagine if Reigns had grown organically? What a waste.

Bitch needs to get injured again and go away for awhile. Come back and win the title for D-Bry by interfering.

And people wonder why many fans think the anti-Reigns IWC smarks might just be actual bitter terrible human beings. Lets wish for injuries!

See you next week.

That...those chants were something. I've been told the RAW and PPV crowds are significantly different than the majority of fans (and seen the difference in the events I've gone to out here) - but, wow, those fans were straight up marks for themselves and frankly, assholes. That was a crowd wanting their 15 minutes of fame; straight up. "We are awesome"?? Seriously? The Post-WM crowd went from "most anticipated" to "hit the mute button on the crowd" at that point.

And people wonder why many fans think the anti-Reigns IWC smarks might just be actual bitter terrible human beings. Lets wish for injuries!

See you next week.

That...those chants were something. I've been told the RAW and PPV crowds are significantly different than the majority of fans (and seen the difference in the events I've gone to out here) - but, wow, those fans were straight up marks for themselves and frankly, assholes. That was a crowd wanting their 15 minutes of fame; straight up. "We are awesome"?? Seriously? The Post-WM crowd went from "most anticipated" to "hit the mute button on the crowd" at that point.

Nope, I stopped watching for the most part already after coming back for the Daniel Bryan push. With him in the midcard and the only other exciting thing going on being Brock I have no reason to tune in to this horrible dreck weekly. I gave it a shot tonight because it was supposed to be good after Mania and I saw the same old crap in the main event.

Past

So Brock Lesnar is mad as fuck, but Roman Reigns doesn't seem to care despite being the one taking the pin fall? Booking was so bad tonight, barely any follow ups from last night's event.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Nope, I stopped watching for the most part already after coming back for the Daniel Bryan push. With him in the midcard and the only other exciting thing going on being Brock I have no reason to tune in to this horrible dreck weekly. I gave it a shot tonight because it was supposed to be good after Mania and I saw the same old crap in the main event.

Good on you for that; if the show isn't fun to watch it - for the love of all that is holy don't subject yourself to it. :D

Until they start rotating people in and out of RAW; I think it will always be too formulaic and too stale.

HLxmgpd.png

COME ON NIKKI

COME ON NIKKI

COME ON NIKKI

COME ON NIKKI

no no no no no no ryback, when you talk to somenone you look them in the EYES, not stare at the cuecards

Top Bottom