• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DS Pic (and info)

Kon Tiki

Banned
924893_20041007_screen001.jpg

Rayman DS Impressions

Rayman, Ubisoft's platform franchise, has appeared on practically every major platform since the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation. Now the popular little character with no arms and legs will help debut the Nintendo DS with the aptly titled Rayman DS.

In Rayman DS, players will take the role of Rayman as he travels through a series of magical worlds, battling the evil forces that have enslaved his land. Rayman DS promises to carry lots of content, including 45 areas that you can race and battle in. As always, Rayman is quite the mobile little guy; even though he lacks appendages, he can still run, jump, ski, swim, and fly around with his helicopter hair. And in Rayman DS, he can jump on rockets, ride whirlwinds, and surf lava.

In addition to varied environments, featuring waterfalls, deep sea caves, and pirate holdouts, among others, Rayman DS plans to us the system's bottom screen by allowing you to monitor Rayman's health, as well as keep track of his lums, which are the little items that you collect in the game.

Ubisoft says that Rayman Advance was one of the top 10 selling Game Boy Advance launch titles back in 2001. The company hopes to repeat that success with Rayman DS on the Nintendo DS. Rayman DS is scheduled as a launch game, and we'll have more on the game shortly.
-GS

It actually looks quite good on that screenshot, probably even the best looking 3D game on the NDS I've seen yet. Can't wait to see it in motion.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
The Main Event said:
It actually looks quite good on that screenshot, probably even the best looking 3D game I've seen yet.

PLEASE please please tell me that's sarcasm.

jarrod

Banned
So... is it a port of Rayman 2 or what?

Oh and leave it to Ubi Montreal to shame all other developers when it comes to visuals. This game looks great. :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Rayman® DS

Product Description
Even with no arms and no legs, Rayman® is one of the most recognizable videogame characters around the world. The fearless and friendly Rayman heroically arrives on the Nintendo DS to defeat the pirate terror that has enslaved his world.

Players will assume the role of Rayman and travel through magical worlds with surreal landscapes and gorgeous eye-popping 3D graphics.

Key Features

Lush Environments
Race and battle through 45 intricately designed areas.
Explore waterfalls, deep sea caves, and pirate hideouts rendered in rich 3D.

The DS Advantage
Monitor your progress, track your lums, and keep an eye on Rayman’s health on the interactive bottom screen of your DS.

Diverse Fast Paced Gameplay
Run, jump, ski, swim, and fly with your helicopter hair.
Fly rockets, ride whirlwinds, and surf lava flows on the road to victory.

Top Selling Nintendo Handheld Franchise
Rayman® Advance, for the Game Boy Advance, was among the top-ten selling launch titles in 2001.

That pics from the Nintendo Press Kit. It is official.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Naturally, my image doesn't have a watermark on it since I didn't pull a Ubi Soft and steal it from a fansite:
924893_20041007_screen001.jpg

Original:
rayman3.jpg

Resized:
rayman2_1.jpg

Basically Ubi-Soft went to some fansite (the watermark in the lower right hand corner looks like Jeux France, possibly), photoshopped out the Rayman head, and slapped it into a photoshop frame to pass it off as a Nintendo DS screen.

Here's the watermark highlighted:
rayman2_3.jpg

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
akascream said:
It's amazing that ubisoft doesn't have tons of thier own footage they could use.

Which brings into question how far along this supposed Rayman LAUNCH GAME is in production. I just don't get the mock-up, if they truly had something 6 weeks away from release...

Top Bottom