• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Howdy Partner. I gotta acknowledge the corn my friend, I half expected a lick and a promise from this here bulletin board posting cuz you had some big nuts to crack. But I dun heard yer an honorable man from my dealings with the townsfolk out West and let me tell you those grangers and gringos were right bout you. I now see with me own eyes you bucked-to and got yerself the bettermost OP this cowboy has seen in a good long time. Im gon tell my posse and any saddle bum I come across that you sir, are a gentleman of the first water.

Majine

Banned
I heard some people suspecting the PS3 version might be inferior a couple of days ago, any news on that front?

It's not like I have a choice, but could be good to know nontheless.

Srider

Banned
Grrrr, I have to wait an extra 5 days or so for shipping to Japan.

It is at moments like this I wish I still lived in the US.

Can't wait to be to shooting up some cowboys!

owlbeak

Anyone know anything about how detailed the multiplayer character customization is? I'm trying to figure out if it's like GTAIV where you can choose different hats, shirts, pants, etc. or if you just have the option of picking different character models. I can't seem to find any info on this!

Can't wait for Tuesday!! :D :D

Frostburn

Great OP!

My hype level for this game is huge, I'm glad they delayed the game to get it right. Can't wait to roam around on horseback with a posse to take out gang and level up in between competitive multiplayer matches.

Ward

Majine said:
I heard some people suspecting the PS3 version might be inferior a couple of days ago, any news on that front?

My expectation is a similar divide compared to GTAIV on PS360.

A reviewer from an Australian magazine posted in the screenshots thread that it "played fine" on the PS3, so there are no major issues at least, but he had nothing to compare to.

Combined with the improved performance of TBoGT on the PS3 leaves people hopeful and curious.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Why do these companies insist on releasing games I want all around the same time!?

I'm debating whether or not to get this game, have Lost Planet 2 and 3D Dot Heroes shipping to me as well as Modnation Racers later in the month. =/

This is probably my most anticipated game for a few years, absolute day one purchase. Maybe I missed it in the op, but has the soundtrack composer been confirmed yet? Anyway think I'm going to play in expert from the beginning, no auto aim should make head shots and horseback takedowns all the more rewarding!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Majine said:

No word on the ps3 version other than some sidebar comments from the Cheep Ass Gamer admin.

Not so much as a screenshot of the ps3 version that I know of. It doesn't sit well with me but same as you I don't have a choice in the matter. I really don't expect any major debilitating bugs but we'll just have to wait and see. :/

Rikyfree said:
But thats the thing, I have those and I still prefer the L1/R1 over the the triggers. I just really hope you can change that.

to be honest.. i prefer them to on the sixaxis. Al though the triggers work well, they're still no 360 triggers (i prefer them for shooters over the sixaxis). and the position isn't all that. i do prefer them for driving games though.

anyway, custom button layout is a must

Lemonz

Gravijah said:
Supposedly there's a PC version coming down the line, isn't there?
Maybe a timed release?

2a61a4h.jpg

oadnr9.jpg

Ward

Cant0na said:
sorry i havent been paying too much attention

but is the story mode playable in co-op?

The main story is not co-op.

The only co-op will be the six missions released in June for 2-4 players.

15phmhl.jpg

"Drink up, you fuckin' heathens. To the greatest OP in the fuckin' land."
"I agree, boss!"
"Shut the fuck up, Johnny. Although I do think you are spot on, Al."
"Can we just drink already? I gotta get home."
"You bet your ass you do, Sheriff."

SILVO

Banned
Those bastards at Rockstar... this game would make the perfect MMO, and yet we'll never see it happen. As good as this'll be, it'll always be a bit of a tease to me.

Damn, nice OP! Before I ventured into this thread and read the OP, I really didnt care for RDR. Now its definitely a day one purchase. :D :D

DrBo42

So pumped. 3 more days! (If stars align)

Edit: Also I just watched The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly last night for the first time. So good. Now I'm about to watch Unforgiven for the first time.

Nista

Excellent thread, Goldrusher! Makes me excited to see the game hit shelves in a week. :D

Time to preorder a couple copies for me and my friends.

DrBo42

The Proposition is on instant queue, and according to the OP it was part of their inspiration. So I'd say go for that. None of the classics I know of are available.

I'm very excited about this and actually didn't track the game until just a few days ago when I saw an ad on rotten tomatoes. Why would they embargo review scores until release though? Wouldn't they want the good word-of-mouth to get around prior to release?

Tom Penny said:
This game better be able to hold a candle the greatest game of all time. GTA IV.
Wait. Please tell me this game is nothing like GTAIV. It's nothing like GTAIV right? None of those little missions and such?

Alucrid

Banned
DrBo42 said:
The Proposition is on instant queue, and according to the OP it was part of their inspiration. So I'd say go for that. None of the classics I know of are available.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and stream it now. Suck that none of the classics are on there though. :\

Goreomedy said:
Damn fine OP.

http://instantwatcher.com/genres/96?min_rating=1

Sort this list by rating, if you wish.

Thanks, I'll probably look at this when I go ahead and get some in the mail.

DrBo42 said:
So pumped. 3 more days! (If stars align)

Edit: Also I just watched The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly last night for the first time. So good. Now I'm about to watch Unforgiven for the first time.

Excellent choices man :D

Salz01

SILVO said:
Those bastards at Rockstar... this game would make the perfect MMO, and yet we'll never see it happen. As good as this'll be, it'll always be a bit of a tease to me.

This Free Roam formula is way better than a normal MMO. Plus you dont have to pay a monthly service fee!

Beautiful OP.

You should add the Houser quote about the the bear in there . . .

"Sometimes you can be the hero, sometimes you can be the bad guy, and sometimes while you're deciding what to do, a bear comes out of nowhere and eats someone."

Top Bottom