• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember - Crossballs starts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

For those of you who don't know what it is, its a new show on Comedy Central that comes on Tuesday-Thursday at 7:30 (not sure if they'll repeat it later in the day or not) featuring comedians posing as experts debating with REAL experts on various issues in a Crossfire-esque atmosphere. So what makes this show special? Not only does it have the potential to be another funny companion to CC's other "issue"-themed shows like The Daily Show and Tough Crowd, but it was conceptualized by and stars Matt Besser from the Upright Citizens Brigade. At least one other UCB alum is on board for this along with a few other comedians like Jerry Minor.

I quite enjoyed the show tonight. Though it can't possibly go on long... I mean, the point of the show is that the real "experts" don't realize it's a big joke. (Though the fact that they take the name/fonts of Crossballs seriously perhaps makes them a special lot.) Of course once the show is actually on the air, people will know about it.

That guy was getting SOOO pissed when he heard the "professor" state that the best movie of all time was The Real Cancun. :)

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Wasn't a good first episode in my mind. I'll give it another chance next week because I believe women not being allowed to drive SUVs is a better topic than reality tv.

Pimpwerx

Hehe, discussing pot right now. Off to a good start. These anti-drug nuts are always overzealous, so I can see this lady losing it. ;) PEACE.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses. Jesus said that I think." LOL!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Yea, this show is hilarious.

"name one role model who has never gotten high!!!"
"president bush"
"YOU SEE RIGHT THERE YOU PROVED MY POINT!"

Belfast

Its a good show, but I think I would be more entertained by an ACTUAL hybrid show where comedians debate *as comedians* with experts and everyone involved knows it. Sort of like Tough Crowd, but in a Crossfire setting. There's also a lack of being topical. They debate issues, but not *today's* issues, just issues in general. However, I'm wondering how inclined experts would be to debate with comedians knowing that they are, in fact, comedians.

It obviously can't last that long, though, once word does get out, so maybe it'll pull a Daily Show and become a more realistic show while keeping its comedic undertones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom