• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Replaced - 13 Min Gameplay Overview (PC/Xbox/GP - Recently Delayed to 2025)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Replaced game director Yura Zhdanovich walks you through three different gameplay segments from Sad Cat Studios' upcoming pixel-art cyberpunk side-scrolling 2.5D action-adventure that's due out for PC and Xbox Series X|S in 2025.

GVBpuV9WUAAmufY

GVBpuYEWIAAhErT

GVBpuYVXMAApRxT

GVBpudfXYAAk4mm

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Visually look great. Animations are great also.

The delayed launch really bothered me because I really want to play the game. If this continues, even The Last Night will come out sooner 😅

Von Hugh

Gold Member
I have a feeling that even if this would be a massive hit, we won't be seeing any more of these The Last Night type looking games.

The Last Night was revealed in 2017, and is still not ready. This game was revealed in 2021, and will maybe be released in 2025.

Even four years is a long time to be developing one single game. Let alone seven years.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Looks promising but also a little basic. Love the art style and hope there’s more gameplay mechanics than what was shown.

Roberts

So bummed this is delayed. Was hoping to play it this year.
The team originally were from Belarus and I think I read somewhere that they had some Ukrainians on the team, but judging from the video it looks like the war made them relocate to Cyprus - maybe that is a reason for delays.

Anyway, it looks super awesome. Those volumetric effects are eye candy.

Astray

Looks really nice, reminds me of that vaporware game, The Last Night, that got a trailer out some years ago.

[Sigma]

Day one year 2026 or whenever it gets announced for PlayStation lol. Forreal tho, this my type of game. I just love the visual look too.

StereoVsn

Visually look great. Animations are great also.

The delayed launch really bothered me because I really want to play the game. If this continues, even The Last Night will come out sooner 😅
Whatever happened with that. The concept art and previews they showed years ago looked amazing.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
if all indie games were this ambitious, id be an indie fan.
As opposed to AAAs where we get one ambitious title per decade? ;P
Indies have enough ambitious titles that you don't need to wait years for the next one at least - but it does take a bit more searching (for myself - I never even heard of this one until today).

The Last Night was revealed in 2017
And announced in 2014, lets not forget.

Makes me wonder what's the average release timeline on these types of games - does anyone know when ANNO: Mutationem was first revealed?

intbal

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my dystopian pixel art cyberpunk side scrolling action platformer, coming to all systems.
In recognition of the trends of the genre, I think I've chosen the perfect title.

rbQkPH0.jpeg

clarky

Gold Member
This looks amazing bit after watching that video im not sure how much game there actually is in there.

Outlier

For those asking about "The Last Night" (very similar aesthetics). It SEEMS it's also suffering from long dev time.

I looked and they are being developed by different studios, but at this point is seems like both games are connected, in some way.

Outlier

The Last Night is still coming, apparently, but they're just European and slow.

This is the last piece of media they released, and it's more an overview of the game architecture rather than anything else.
Hah beat me to it

It seems pretty clear a lot of us really want to experience these games, because they stand out, so much. Just taking so long.

Hah beat me to it

It seems pretty clear a lot of us really want to experience these games, because they stand out, so much. Just taking so long.

I always enjoy a good cinematic platformer. I think Replaced is a lot further along than The Last Night.

I'm a bit doubtful that TLN is going to be a super success just because it's been in development for so long and the director seems like one of those super thoughtful people who are unfortunately terrible at execution.

Darsxx82

For those asking about "The Last Night" (very similar aesthetics). It SEEMS it's also suffering from long dev time.

I looked and they are being developed by different studios, but at this point is seems like both games are connected, in some way.

The Studio in charge of The Last Night saw so much expectation after that trailer/presentation of the game that they decided to boost the ambition of the project and "create the game they truly want".

According to the director's own information, the game is now much bigger and more ambitious. Technologically it is several steps above what was shown in that 2017 trailer and the game has become NextGen only. In principle, only the Xbox/PC versions are announced on their website but plans may have changed at this time and be also on PS5 day one.

I have the feeling that The Last Night is a larger project than Replaced.

😮😮😮

Bartski

Gold Member
The game is fantastic, with the prettiest pixel art ever made—it just looks great in motion. It could be my number one most anticipated Game Pass exclusive. I wasn't able to play the city exploration part, but the demo build consists of all three sections covered in the OP video. There's not much more to say beyond what is shown in that clip, except that the combat scenario feels good on the controller, even though it barely scratches the surface. The only downside I expect is that it might be relatively short, but I hope the devs take their time polishing it to perfection.

BlackTron

Now this is an indie game, excessive animated pixel art transitions, not that "it's cute and trendy to be Cave Story" crap

Bartski

Gold Member
I managed to play it again today, this time focusing only on the city open area and wow there is so much stuff there they didn’t shiw in that demo video. I managed start 2 side quests, see what I think is part if the main story mission, there are dialogue options, collectibles (lore data and audio recordings) and many areas to explore all looking simply gorgeous. I ran out of time do dig deeper but again this thing is gonna be amazing

Top Bottom