• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 CO-OP thread

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Based on the fact that I believe R2's co-op mode is worth the $60 alone, I felt a thread like this was in order. Please post If you enjoy playing co-op. Feel free to use this thread to discuss tactics, set up games, or just post your PSN name with an open co-op invitation.

My PSN name:
AllTheParts
Also I have a mic.

Feel free to hit me up for a game any time you see me playing R2. I'm in the GAF clan to so you'll be able to find me in that list.

Here's a quick role definition for each class:
Soldier:
Provide shield for yourself and the team behind you and keep firing. Remember to use grenades when you have them!
Spec Ops:
Provide ammo to the soldier so he can keep shielding the rest of the team and shooting. Also be aware that your ammo can also replenish the medic's healing gun. This is important for when the medic can't get a clear shot of the enemy to recharge their gun. Remember to use the secondary fire on the Marksman, especially on swarms of flying drones.
Medic:
Heal the team! Also heal SRPA NPCs.

FredFish

Co-op is pretty entertaining. Did a Bracknell mission last night with some gaffers that had a real "lol wtf" moment. After taking down three elite Titans and thinking we had won the mission suddenly this hellacious flood of Ravagers and hybrids streamed out of a tunnel. I didn't have time to count but it seemed like there were literally dozens of the green-shielders with twice as many hybrids swarming around and between them. We did clear them but I really thought we were doomed. Good times.

Maybe we should have "Co-op nights" for the clan, say Tuesdays and Thursday or something. I'd like to see all the maps and eventually rank up all the classes.

MutFox

Banned
Wish you could have 2 accounts from the same system at the sametime. (Like LBP)
Cause I like going online with my brother, but now it's always Account+guest,
instead of being 2 accounts from the same system.

Hopefully they fix this in a patch, cause it is possible,
since it was done in Little Big Planet.

It's as if this game was made for people that live alone in their basement.

I almost feel like selling the game cause it doesn't have this feature.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I tend to be in Co-op lately so im done for groups usually do soldier but I could play the other 2 classes. Corran is psn

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Does anyone know how to use the proximity mines? I just earned them in co-op but they're not in my intel yet.

patsu

FredFish said:
Co-op is pretty entertaining. Did a Bracknell mission last night with some gaffers that had a real "lol wtf" moment. After taking down three elite Titans and thinking we had won the mission suddenly this hellacious flood of Ravagers and hybrids streamed out of a tunnel. I didn't have time to count but it seemed like there were literally dozens of the green-shielders with twice as many hybrids swarming around and between them. We did clear them but I really thought we were doomed. Good times.

Maybe we should have "Co-op nights" for the clan, say Tuesdays and Thursday or something. I'd like to see all the maps and eventually rank up all the classes.

Yeah, I did that run 2 nights ago. Was overrun by the aliens too. There are multiple waves of Chimeran hordes, sometimes from more than one direction.

Ploid 3.0

PSN: Ploid
Spec Ops, please don't make me pick something else lol :( I have a headset but I love using the headphones.

And yes, I luv luv luv co-op. It's tearing me away from the single player. Poor Hale getting beat by my need to level up spec ops.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Dang we had an 8-man session going and halfway through everyone had a connection error. :lol It's a shame connection errors also bumps everyone out of the party.

sykoex said:
Dang we had an 8-man session going and halfway through everyone had a connection error. :lol It's a shame connection errors also bumps everyone out of the party.
Yeah that was annoying as hell. Servers seem to be back up though, only 6 ppl in the clan online though. Im up for more co-op or deathmatch/whatever with the clan.. if the servers dont crap out on us again.

Alidar

Neo Member
devilchicken said:
Yeah that was annoying as hell. Servers seem to be back up though, only 6 ppl in the clan online though. Im up for more co-op or deathmatch/whatever with the clan.. if the servers dont crap out on us again.

Yeah, we were doing quite well when the servers were stable enough to finish complete missions.

Anyway, Alidar, got a mic, and I'm up for co-op whenever. Thus far I've only played special ops but I'll switch if class balance deems it necessary.

PSN: TelemachusD

I sent a GAF clan application a couple days ago but nothing's happened. Should I send another one? I'm almost entirely gonna be sticking to co-op, and I've been playing A LOT (Medic already at Lvl. 30), and at odd hours. I also have a mic.

Some general tips I would add to the OP are :

SOLDIERS -- If you're behind a shield and there are enemies in front of you, stop moving around; other people are trying to use you for cover. Turn and shoot, and advance slowly. Don't crouch as it give those behind you less protection from your shield. Don't leave your shield up when there are no enemies around, or only melee enemies, like Grimms and Leapers.

SPEC OPS -- Dropping ammo at the back and telling the soldiers to come get it is not good enough; throw it to them. Even better, stay with one and give him constant backup. Don't worry about medics too much, they can almost always get their own ammo, but try to get them some grenades occasionally. Also, you have the least health of any class; going anywhere on your own (unless invisible) is suicide.

MEDICS -- Your best position is behind most of the team. That way you can see who's taking damage and heal them before they get critical. Don't stand too close to soldiers; you'll get in the way of the spec ops trying to keep them supplied. Use chloroform on the heavy drones; they are one of the most dangerous enemies in the game, and unlike other enemies, chloroform prevents them from shooting. Use the environment to your advantage when healing; if you can't see that low health teammate on the other side of a barrier, try firing a healing blast to the wall or post above his head.

EVERYONE -- Communicate, stay together, wait for the team to catch up between objectives, listen to advice from people who've played the level before, and don't unbalance the team with your class choice. Oh, and DON'T PUSH BUTTONS before people are ready.

jmonteiro

I really like R2's co-op, and will likely be playing a Medic. My PSN is krik (I'm on the GAF clan), feel free to add me to your friends list if you want a friend that is online a lot and plays a lot of games :D

I'm on the East Coast (US) and should be online pretty much every day from 9pm to 1am (EST).

PS: I'm still going through R2's SP campaign though, freaking BioShock Survivor mode took way longer than I expected :lol

Nightz

I'm in. I've only played a couple of co-op games because I've been doing the single player campaign, so I'd like to play with you guys. PSN is N1ghtz and I usually play spec-ops. I'm in the GAF clan as well so if you see me on, just send me an invite.

jmonteiro

TelemachusD said:
PSN: TelemachusD

I sent a GAF clan application a couple days ago but nothing's happened. Should I send another one? I'm almost entirely gonna be sticking to co-op, and I've been playing A LOT (Medic already at Lvl. 30), and at odd hours. I also have a mic.

Some general tips I would add to the OP are :

SOLDIERS -- If you're behind a shield and there are enemies in front of you, stop moving around; other people are trying to use you for cover. Turn and shoot, and advance slowly. Don't crouch as it give those behind you less protection from your shield. Don't leave your shield up when there are no enemies around, or only melee enemies, like Grimms and Leapers.

SPEC OPS -- Dropping ammo at the back and telling the soldiers to come get it is not good enough; throw it to them. Even better, stay with one and give him constant backup. Don't worry about medics too much, they can almost always get their own ammo, but try to get them some grenades occasionally. Also, you have the least health of any class; going anywhere on your own (unless invisible) is suicide.

MEDICS -- Your best position is behind most of the team. That way you can see who's taking damage and heal them before they get critical. Don't stand too close to soldiers; you'll get in the way of the spec ops trying to keep them supplied. Use chloroform on the heavy drones; they are one of the most dangerous enemies in the game, and unlike other enemies, chloroform prevents them from shooting. Use the environment to your advantage when healing; if you can't see that low health teammate on the other side of a barrier, try firing a healing blast to the wall or post above his head.

EVERYONE -- Communicate, stay together, wait for the team to catch up between objectives, listen to advice from people who've played the level before, and don't unbalance the team with your class choice. Oh, and DON'T PUSH BUTTONS before people are ready.

Good tips, thank you

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
PSN ID: RoboPlato

I usually play Soldier or Medic. Just started to get into this on the final game but played a lot during the beta.

Puli

Banned
I really love the co-op in this game. I've barely played the campaign at all.

PSN: Puli

I like playing all the classes, medic most and then soldier if there are good spec-ops to feed me shield ammo. I'll gladly play a spec-op as well but there are usually a lot more Spec-ops on a team so I play whatever is needed.

Anytime I'm online playing R2 I'll be up for some co-op action.

Guled

PSN Nytekrawla
I play on fridays and weekends, I'm what ever class the team needs to be tho I do prefer medic

The co-op is crazy in this game and is highly addictive. I'll play as any class and I'm on usually in the evening. If you want to add me PSN: Cellbomber.

Maggot9

Banned
I DESPISED the co op in the beta. Ironically enough, it's now the best part of the package when you consider the single player and shittastic multiplayer.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Does anyone else HATE the mission in Orick where you're on the hill and chimera start coming at the team from all directions? There are other encounters like this on other levels, but I find this one most annoying.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My PSN ID : Fersis

Im playing with the 3 classes but Spec Ops a little more than others , im tired of sucky Spec ops , so i have to do the dirty work :p

EDIT: And i have the official Headset now. <- So happy. (But i still dont have the guts to talk much)

Ilparazzo

Psn: Ilparazzo

I'm still finishing up the old single player but afterwards I'm all for the co-op, I don't really have a class I really like but I used to play as a soldier in the beta. (and I have a mic as well)

maxax

I need some people for regular co-op, especially on GMT evenings and sundays.
I play medic and have a mic.

PSN: Mazyx

ckeur

I love the co-op, I usually play spec-op but I love medic as well.

PSN: Modulos

East coast, have mic.

Steroyd

Hmmm looks like we'll have to organise this better, howabout we try and organise a meetup on Friday 8PM GMT for some co-op?

PSN: Steroyd

brokenFUN

Steroyd said:
Hmmm looks like we'll have to organise this better, howabout we try and organise a meetup on Friday 8PM GMT for some co-op?

Yeah I'm down. Can we meet in HOME?

Dave1988

PSN ID: Dave1988

Mic here.

I'll be any class you need me. I'm just starting Co-op in R2 so I have no preferences for now.

peetfeet

Steroyd said:

I'd love to (sick of shite spec ops not supplying) but I can't get on much over this weekend, maybe i'll catch you next week.

Steroyd

peetfeet said:
I'd love to (sick of shite spec ops not supplying) but I can't get on much over this weekend, maybe i'll catch you next week.

I'm quite amazed at that, I go spec ops with about 2 other people and I seem to be the only one supplying the soldiers with ammo when we're under heavy fire.

PuMa

Where's the GAF clan been? I haven't seen many people on in the past week or so.

I have been playing mostly co-op lately. Level 12 Spec Op. PSN - PuMa

Thrakier

sykoex said:
Does anyone else HATE the mission in Orick where you're on the hill and chimera start coming at the team from all directions? There are other encounters like this on other levels, but I find this one most annoying.

Nah, I like it, but overall I think the Coop needs a lot more variety, I know all this missions in and out by now. Esspecially Axbridge is boring to me now.

Corto

lvl 30 medic

psn id: corto1976

I can do other classes, but I'm still on lvl 1 on spec ops :D and lvl 2 or 3 on soldier...

edit: mic enabled ;)

I don't know if this was covered in the main thread (which I skimmed and is 100+ pages), but I CAN NOT connect to an online game at all.

I can search for games, I see them, and every single one I try to connect to just says 'connection timed out'... even when I try to create a game. WTF?!!

I was able to connect literally ONCE, and it was the first time I ever tried to play coop online, every time since then fails to connect. I've tried easily 50+ times to connect with no success. I've tried googleing the problem, resetting my router and trying connecting at different times but no luck.

Any ideas?

gcubed

i'm just starting the co-op portion, how is it without friends to play? People dicks or is it ok? Probably going to start it around 2pm EST today if anyone wants to help a newb out.

LordFarquaad

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
gcubed said:
i'm just starting the co-op portion, how is it without friends to play? People dicks or is it ok? Probably going to start it around 2pm EST today if anyone wants to help a newb out.

LordFarquaad
The community is pretty okay. I suggest manually joining a game from the room list since people in the automatching games seem to play less seriously and don't help out enough.

Playing with people who don't have mics or talk usually works fine since each class has on screen notifications of what they should be doing, i.e. who to heal or who to give ammo to. Not much communication is needed, although it always helps for the tougher spots.

gcubed

sykoex said:
The community is pretty okay. I suggest manually joining a game from the room list since people in the automatching games seem to play less seriously and don't help out enough.

Playing with people who don't have mics or talk usually works fine since each class has on screen notifications of what they should be doing, i.e. who to heal or who to give ammo to. Not much communication is needed, although it always helps for the tougher spots.

awesome... thanks for the info, i finished the SP and wanted to beat a few other games before i jumped into Co-op, looking forward to playing after i sneak out of work early

Top Bottom