• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 CO-OP thread

gcubed

played a few games as a medic (am a cleric in EQ, priest in WoW, lets continue the theme). The co-op for this game freakin rocks. This is the first game i've really started to play co-op, and its just awesome in every way, met a few people that are good, having a mic helps in just talking to people, i hate silence.

A few Q's...

1) I dont consider myself a heal spammer, but i notice a lot of other medics do a lot of shooting, and a lot less healing... is it just some way people play? I mean, the first 5 games i played i had the most XP by about 10,000 per game. On that note... its a little TOO easy to pick up XP as a medic if the first few games are any indication.

2) If i join a random game, is there any way for me to stay with that party into another game, or is everything just torn down after each session?

3) i tried inviting some guys i met to a group, told me permission denied, i'm not sure what the hell it does, etc.

1) medics heal. That's their job. Nothing worse than a medic that does not heal me in a huge firefight. And yeah, medics benefit from high XP gains. I'm all for it (as I am now a lvl 30 medic) but if you can heal like crazy and be a killing machine, you can gain 70K in a round (as I did) including bonuses.

2) Yes, unless you join their party. If you do that, you'll rejoin the party leader as they choose the next round. That's why the clan plays together, unless it's a comp vs. co-op night.

3) You need to be a leader in order to invite people.

gcubed

WasabiKing said:
1) medics heal. That's their job. Nothing worse than a medic that does not heal me in a huge firefight. And yeah, medics benefit from high XP gains. I'm all for it (as I am now a lvl 30 medic) but if you can heal like crazy and be a killing machine, you can gain 70K in a round (as I did) including bonuses.

2) Yes, unless you join their party. If you do that, you'll rejoin the party leader as they choose the next round. That's why the clan plays together, unless it's a comp vs. co-op night.

3) You need to be a leader in order to invite people.

thanks, havent hit 70k yet, but usually am around 50-60k. This game in the co-op is very much like a FPS non persistent mmo (albeit limited to 8 people, and of course need a clan to move from game to game, etc)... not sure how to explain it but it has that "feel" to it, even down to when you play a random game you have stupid people bull rushing enemies and getting their asses kicked and then complaining about dying

Rolf NB

gcubed said:
1) I dont consider myself a heal spammer, but i notice a lot of other medics do a lot of shooting, and a lot less healing... is it just some way people play? I mean, the first 5 games i played i had the most XP by about 10,000 per game. On that note... its a little TOO easy to pick up XP as a medic if the first few games are any indication.
Depends on how the group is doing really. If all shields are up and nobody's hurt (or is soon going to get hurt), there's no reason to fire a healing charge. Or maybe they're just depleted and use the phoenix's primary fire to recharge.

Llyranor

PSN = Plutobux

Just ordered the game. Will play as all 3 classes, depending on the need (enjoyed them all in the beta). Will add all the people from the thread.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Does anyone else ever feel nervous starting a pick up game with a bunch of random strangers as a soldier? I always feel like I'm putting my life in the spec-ops hands. :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just got the game yesterday, so feel free to add me! PSN: Tigerheli

Co-op is awesome, and I'm loving the medic class.

JB1981

I would like to give co-op a go. Only played it a few times, though. If anyone wants to play, my PSN tag is Beamber.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im always up for some Co-Op.... BUT... i need like 300 grey tech points, so im only playing Orick. :lol (One time i got more than 20 Grey Tech points @_@)

Tntnnbltn

So I guess this thread is dead... (Something something rise from your grave)

Got into Resistance 2 c-op recently. Actually got into it months ago, but the day after I got hooked my blu-ray drive failed and it has only recently been repaired. Anyway, my friend and I are playing local co-op, me level 9 soldier / level 7 spec ops, him level 8 medic.

General comments:
* So many stupid people when playing online. Soldiers who don't put shields up. Soldiers who put shields up then crouch. Soldiers who put shields up then strafe. Spec ops who don't throw ammo, or run off to get good sniping angles. Medics who charge with the phoenix gun. Goddamn.

* Patch 1.5 made the game so much more awesome. Local co-op progress saving = win.

* Once you play superhuman co-op, you can't go back. It actually requires some form of skill. Nothing better than seeing idiots charge the field and get slaughtered, and then have to wait there for 5 minutes while the real players clear out the field to go revive them.

Hachimaki

Decided to get back into R2 by trying out some Co-op. Add me if you want to try and get some games going.

PSN - KentoTM
EST

PSN Id. NickLaslett
Timezone. Dubai GMT +3/4
Co-op only
Medic lvl 16
Official Bluetooth headset

Regular 3+ player co-op on Sunday mornings UK time. Co-op buddy Xeryus1984 (lvl 30 soldier) based in UK. There will be buddy chat, so if you find that annoying you will have to mute us. We are both aged 30+!

We have unlocked all the levels and just need to collect a few pieces of Intel before we have completed the Co-op campaign.

I have applied to join EuroGAF clan.

kuYuri

I'm always up for co-op. I have a lvl 25 Soldier, lvl 30 Medic, and lvl 14 Spec-Ops.

Also up for competitive.

PSN: Strider2K99

Top Bottom