• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ride to Hell: Retribution 1.0% |OT| See you in hell, NeoGAF

Joe Molotov

What would you pay to play THE WORST GAME OF ALL-TIME™®? It doesn't matter, because the price is going to be...

b1Bmek6.png

...YOUR SOUL! Let's ride.

Reviews
EGM - 0.5/10 - Ride to Hell: Retribution is a spectacular monument to failure. If failure were Paris, Ride to Hell would be the Arc de Triomphe.

Destructoid - 1/10 - At its very worst, Ride to Hell is offensive on philosophical and intellectual levels

Game Informer - 2/10 - With the exception of some Kinect and Wii games that flat-out don’t work, this is the worst video game I’ve played this console generation.

Eurogamer - 1/10 - Imagine if you ran a red light in real life and then your bicycle suddenly, slowly drove itself into a hedge on your behalf. "There," it says, looking down at you smugly. "That'll teach you." And then you explode.

Gamespot - 1/10 - When playing Ride to Hell, you exist at the whim of some of the buggiest software ever released.

Artwork
pCLXFcw.jpg

AAWepSE.jpg

Screenshots

This game sexist a bit?
Nah.

You sure?
tYutAGF.gif

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HTKWX15oo

Fucks Given
None.

Holy crap, this vaseline-covered shitburger is a 10GB download???
Yep.

udiie

The saddest part is, at work I've sold about 5 or 6 copies of this game (-I believe to be highly due to the price...).

BOTEC

My personal entry level for this is $4.99. It looked super dumb in that GB Quick Look, but also super busted. At 5 bucks, I won't mind.

sunnz

Back when this was teased as an open world game ( 2010 I think) I was so hyped for it.

But this...
One of my biggest disappointments. Is TLAD for GTA IV really the only good open world biker game?

The saddest part is, at work I've sold about 5 or 6 copies of this game (-I believe to be highly due to the price...).
Surely, warning against buying this kind of game should be in your job description.

I haven't seen the Quick Look yet, so off to do that now! XD

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
lol@Eurogamers quote in the OP.

Nearly bought this on Saturday but bought something else instead.

I do however intend to play Ride to Hell since I've played some shitters in my life but not many this gen.

Beaulieu

I played as much as I could and then gave up... I never do that... O_O

same for me.
made it to the warehouse shout out.

omg I wanted to die so bad all the way through

edit : people I don't think you realize.... it's not one of those "so bad it's good" games.... it's absolutely horrible. You cannot have an ounce of fun playing this, even for the laughs. DO NOT BUY THIS. If you get it for free (as I did), refeuse the gift. I don't wish this game to my worst ennemies.

One of my biggest disappointments. Is TLAD for GTA IV really the only good open world biker game?

I'd go for a Sons of Anarchy open world game. They were talking about it. But it'd probably end up like that Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game...

Like if you were a new prospect that had to work your way up. They could place it earlier in the series. Have Ron Perlman (and the rest of the cast) do VOs. In theory it could work out, in reality...probably not.

sunnz

I'd go for a Sons of Anarchy open world game. They were talking about it. But it'd probably end up like that Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game...

Like if you were a new prospect that had to work your way up. They could place it earlier in the series. Have Ron Perlman (and the rest of the cast) do VOs. In theory it could work out, in reality...probably not.

Yep, it really would need a good team behind it.
Now a days games offer a lot of variety but still many opportunities go ignored.

It took a mod to give us a real zombie survival game ( dayz) maybe more modders is what we need :p

Joe Molotov

I had to leave it downloading overnight to finish, so it was just like Christmas morning when I woke up. Only instead of Santa Claus, Greasy Steve had been there. As well as an unnamed prostitute looking to "get greasy." Mmmm....already my soul feels a bit greasy.

Actually, maybe Prostitute is her name. Yes, Prostitute; along with Greasy Steve, Anvil, and Meathook, she's just one of the many colorful characters you'll meet in Fuckedville, Population You! (A town which unexpectedly seems to have a high percentage of Australians)

So far it's been every bit as bad as advertised. Isn't it great when a game meets your expectations?

r3n4ud

I had to leave it downloading overnight to finish, so it was just like Christmas morning when I woke up. Only instead of Santa Claus, Greasy Steve had been there. As well as an unnamed prostitute looking to "get greasy." Mmmm....already my soul feels a bit greasy.

Actually, maybe Prostitute is her name. Yes, Prostitute; along with Greasy Steve, Anvil, and Meathook, she's just one of the many colorful characters you'll meet in Fuckedville, Population You! (A town which unexpectedly seems to have a high percentage of Australians)

So far it's been every bit as bad as advertised. Isn't it great when a game meets your expectations?
Man, I enjoy games that get shit on and shat out. Can't wait to pick this one up on the cheap :)

Also eyeing the new Rambo coming out. I can see it being in the same class.

Rather play something that is so bad it's funny than play something so mediocre it's forgettable.

Love this review quote: "At its very worst, Ride to Hell is offensive on philosophical and intellectual levels"

Okay, so it's a videogame.

Revolver

I remember being interested in this game when it was announced years ago. Shame it turned out so awful. I'll probably check it out some day just out of morbid curiosity.

Been playing through this the past couple weeks out of pure masochistic enjoyment. It truly gets worse and worse (or better and better?) the longer I play. I think the
dry humping orgy
may be the best worst I've endured so far.

The cosmetic bike customization is surprisingly well detailed though, given how shallow everything else is. It's as if they had a separate team assigned to do nothing but make custom bike parts for the entire duration of development.

Top Bottom