• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ride to Hell: Retribution 1.0% |OT| See you in hell, NeoGAF

I know how terrible the game is, but is it really sexist ? I know the player can have sex with different girls but that alone does not make the game sexist; if anything, it actually sexually empowers women. Could anyone show me some precise examples of sexism ?

Joe Molotov

I know how terrible the game is, but is it really sexist ? I know the player can have sex with different girls but that alone does not make the game sexist; if anything, it actually sexually empowers women. Could anyone show me some precise examples of sexism ?

When you kill thugs that are assaulting a girl in an alley, she returns the favor by having sex with you right there in the filthy, thug-corpse covered alley. Kinda suspect.

When you kill thugs that are assaulting a girl in an alley, she returns the favor by having sex with you right there in the filthy, thug-corpse covered alley. Kinda suspect.

Hahaha, ok, never heard of that one. I guess they could have handled the scene better, let's just say. :)

Joe Molotov

Assaulted girls are basically treated as collectable in the game menu (3/20 Cards Found, 0/4 Girls Saved, etc.). All of them reward you with immediate sex.

Jawmuncher

I actually still want to play this. Though im waiting for either a bundle or a cheap as hell price. Since I can get some enjoyment from crap games.

Joe Molotov

After getting some weapons from Black Santa Claus...

015D43E32052176DC32D14E8ABC03C1C4BD2F641

...and boning a filthy mechanic chick who can't even be bothered to take off her nasty trucker hat during sex...

..you go to a bland-looking warehouse for some bland combat. You walk into a room, 3-5 guys run out and either (A) make a bee-line straight for you and attempt to punch you or (B) badly take cover and shoot you. There's also some ski mask wearing dudes that just wander around out in the open and take like 20 headshots to kill and don't flinch when you shoot them, so that's nice.

(Note: I've already shot this guy at least 15 times.)

But there's also some environmental kills, to spice things up. They're super fancy though, so they're limited to one or two per level, and once you use them once, they get "used up". No more guys can be thrown down the hole, it's full!

I finally got to face off with Anvil, the boss of the first story (?) arc of the game, and not in an epic brawl, but in a turret sequence because those are are always super interesting. After a scene filled with gravitas and emotional impact where our hero Hunk Drywall goes "Ahhhhhhhh" and shakes his fists....

...the main hub of the game finally opens up. It's both incredibly tiny and needlessly big at the same time. Mainly because there's nothing in it, it could have just been a menu. You can buy guns, sell drugs, or fix up your bike. Selling drugs is just pointless extra step because you can't do anything with the drugs besides sell them for a set price, so other that just being super edgy, there's no reason to for enemies not to just drop money (which they also do). All you need is a "Buy Guns" and a "Fix up Bike" menu and you've got the whole hub covered.

Well there's also a mission board that lets you select a new mission or...replay completed missions *shudders*.

Tansut

I actually bought this to play through as part of the Extra Life marathon I'm doing with some friends next week. We'll probably be streaming it so I'll post a link once it gets going.

Top Bottom