• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer Type 4 = BEST RACER EVER

Insertia

Better then GT? No.

Best arcade racer ever? Yes.

I wish more racing games had a single player 'campaign' like RRT4.

mr2mike

Banned
it had Reiko :(

wallpaper_rr5_14%5B1%5D.jpg

I miss Reiko :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've always thought that both Rage Racer and Ridge Racer Type 4 were THE racing titles to own. God knows how many hours I played non-stop for both games.

Then again, I've always had a weird dislike for Gran Turismo - the 1st PAL OST fucking ruled but that was about it :p

binary

btw...anyone know where i can get some mp3s of R4's music? I already have a few of the songs but I want the complete collection. The album is $33.00 at amazon, but this soundtrack is so good that I'll probably get it anyways.

mr2mike

Banned
"She's based on a man"

I thought every one knew that already?

But if you wanna go by 'base', men are based on women, that's why we have nipples but no tits. All it takes is a teeny protein on a chromozome and poof!!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gek54 said:
Yes and converted it into the first ever console TFF wheel. Felt a little akward but it provided the feedback and control I was looking for.

Hello Gek54.

Wait a minute....

You converted the JogCon to work with a force feedback wheel?

1)Which wheel? The origianl Logitech Driving Force? The Momo?

2)How long did it take you?

3)How difficult was the process?

4)Can you tell me if the FF drivers in the JogCon are the same as immersion's drivers in Logitech's wheels?

5)When you say it doesn't feel quite right, what do you mean? Does it pull a little too much to the right or to the left? Doesn't center properly?

6)Have you tried converting the JogCon to be recognized by other racing games similar to what I requested in **THIS THREAD** ???

7)Pics please?

Gek54

Combining a driving force with jogcon sounds like a great idea. I am not sure if it would be as easy as soldering the wires from the jogcon motor to the motor of DF. Otherwise I cant really see it being worth the effort but props to anyone who can pull it off. I simply just bolted the dial to a clamp and used the entire jogon controler as a wheel. Once you do this the feel of the feedback is very very light but it worked.

jog1.jpg

jog2.jpg

jog3.jpg

robot

^ Thats some crazy shit right there (gek).

While I dont think R4 is THE best racer ever...it is definetly in the top 5, and hands down the best in the Ridge Racer series. Everything from the handling, music, amount of cars to the badass intro and menu systems makes the game pure class. It's one of my favorite psOne games too, and still looks awesome, especially on the lil' psOne screen. Namco needs to get back to it's roots and make another one like this, and give up on R: Evolution.

JUST for you guys, I uploaded an MP3 of Pearl Blue Soul you can download....

Pearl Blue Soul MP3

This was the first song I heard when I got the R4 Demo from Toys R Us. The instant I hard that song, and saw how pleasing the game's presentation was, I knew I was buying it regardless if the gameplay sucked or not...Luckily the gameplay was on point, and the grphics were jaw dropping at the time! :) I miss those times.

Sponsored by the url in my tag :)

Silhoutte Dance is probably my favourite.. its awesome drum&bass mixed with tones
from burt bacharach, and some samba!.

Your Vibe has some great parts in it, with the organ going mad!. and i really like
the groove of the hihat =)

Course has some great slapbass'ing in it. It made me stay in the menus a couple of
minutes extra =) hilight 55secs into the song.

Quiet Curves like 2m20secs into.. just cool!. its just a awesome mix of different
kinds of music.

Naked Grov!, another fav.. the trumpets etc.. ah!

and if i won a race, i was hoping that song "winner 3" was playing.. cause it was so
freaking cool :)

have the ppl behind this soundtrack made any more songs btw?

RRT4 + Rave Racer soundtrack = the awesome!.

FightyF

Banned
I love RR4, but my favourite RR ever is Rage Racer, and I preferred it's soundtrack too. Though I liked the soundtrack for all of the games.

A new Ridge Racer needs a Freeform soundtrack! :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gek54 said:
Combining a driving force with jogcon sounds like a great idea. I am not sure if it would be as easy as soldering the wires from the jogcon motor to the motor of DF. Otherwise I cant really see it being worth the effort but props to anyone who can pull it off. I simply just bolted the dial to a clamp and used the entire jogon controler as a wheel. Once you do this the feel of the feedback is very very light but it worked.

jog1.jpg

jog2.jpg

jog3.jpg

Heh, that looks cool man. Props for thinking of something that innovative. Doesn't the clamp on the JogCon wheel ever slip off though?

cant find my RRT4 disc :/ probably left it at my old house :(

but i found Rage Racer, and well.. the graphics doesnt really stand up after had
playing GT4P :) but nice anywy.
The typical psx-warping textures, and clipping is there, but so is the awesome gameplay and handling! :)

Top Bottom