• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RLM - What Are Next?! (i.e. the absolute state of Hollywood)

Kacho

Gold Member
They really outdid themselves on this one.

RPjIRsc.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
I can't tell if they're making up stuff for the bit, or if all of this is real stuff in production.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Great video. Good point about there being so many damn shows with little to no advertising. I hate the streaming age.

Return to form RLM! We need more of the gonzo and scathing videos like this from them again.

Also bald Jay was a trip.

The "I am Steve" clip got funnier and more ominous each time.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

On point, as usual.

Hollywood, much like the games industry, now full of creatively bankrupt idiots from the techbro and stock worlds, who have replaced all the people with talent. So we get endless reboots, remasters, remakes and sequels.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
We're into the full swing of the Endless Trash Era of Hollywood.
Let me add on to what FunkMiller FunkMiller just posted. The Games Industry is seemingly creatively broke, too. However, I think there is still a lot of potential in this industry. The problem is cultural wars bleeding into everything. Makes me want to projectile vomit and break the sound barrier while doing so!

SJRB

Gold Member
On point, as usual.

Hollywood, much like the games industry, now full of creatively bankrupt idiots from the techbro and stock worlds, who have replaced all the people with talent. So we get endless reboots, remasters, remakes and sequels.

Just like with games, DEI was used as a vehicle to bruteforce talentless people of little skill into positions where talent and skill are required for a good product and we’ve seen the catastrophic results piling up left and right.

It will correct itself eventually. More money needs to be lost but they’ll understand sooner or later.

Xyphie

It's the same problem as games, every good idea is fully funded and then some. So mediocre stuff manages to get funding too. This might've worked through the 2010s with ~0% interest rates but now that we're at ~5% my bet is it won't.

Pejo

The "I Am Steve" is one of those bits that isn't funny until it is. I was dying by the end of the video. These guys are great.

On point, as usual.

Worst thing is that it's prolly un-salvageable at this point because of how connected everything is. Even if by some miracle and bunch of creative people would come up with an alternative to Hollywood or something they'd have no chance because the entire movie distribution is in on it. They would stand no chance.

Top Bottom