• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

lexbubble

Being an RCT2 fan (as I have said earlier) I am going to check this game out. I was looking at some of the early screens over at gamespot and am pretty impressed. The graphics in RCT2 are OK cause the gameplay is so great, but these 3-D graphics look pretty cool and I think Chris Sawyer has finally taken his games to the next level.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was contemplating on grabbing this but I think it will wait.. not really in a huge gaming construction mood.

nfreakct

The funny thing is that Chris Sawyer has little to do with this iteration of RollerCoaster Tycoon, as he was essentially kicked off the team after RCT2. His role is now something akin to advisor.

Phantom

I got to play this a bit at GameStars Live and I was very impressed. The 2nd game felt very much like an expansion pack for the 1st, well that deffinitly won't happen this time. Obviously the graphics have seen the biggest improvement and for anyone worried about how it will play on their machine the detail levels on almost everything can be changed (Think I saw about 8 - 10 detail sliders).
It plays just like the older games (deffinitly a good thing) but everything has just been taken to the next level.
I noticed guests go around in parties which I thought was a nice touch.

My only complaints would be the day-night cycle seems a bit fast (although at least putting lights in now will have an affect on the game) and I hated the gui. It felt very Windows XP like, I'm sure it will grow on me but even the person who was demonstrating the game to me had problems finding stuff.

Ranger X

I'm definetely looking for this game. Unbelievable how nobody is talking about it! Nice to see this thread. Did you check the trailer of RCT3 Lex?

Top Bottom