• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumble Roses - IGN review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/564/564312p1.html

9.0 Presentation
Rumble Roses doesn't apologize for being over the top and goes full-fledged with its concept. Load times are pretty fast too, and the story is campy fun.
9.0 Graphics
The amount of detail of each lady is unprecedented for a wrestling game and the hilarious animations are definitely worth mentioning. Now if only there was more variety in the environments.
6.5 Sound
The licensed soundtrack fits the girls perfectly and each of them have full voice-over. Sadly for them, the quality of the vocals isn't very good. It is pretty funny, though.
7.5 Gameplay
This is SmackDown's engine through and through but it's been severely dumbed down for mainstream audiences. Still, the mechanics are extremely solid if not somewhat simplistic.
7.0 Lasting Appeal
Yuke's has included eleven different ladies with both good and evil variations as well as two main gameplay modes and limited deviations. Two-player is a blast but the game should have supported more.
7.8 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

" If rolling around with 22 beautiful women sounds like something you'd like to do between Jak 3 and San Andreas then by all means pick up Rumble Roses. It's one of those rare games that manages to capitalize on the whole sex appeal thing without sacrificing the gameplay along with it. Sure it may not be as deep or realistic as SmackDown or Day of Reckoning (and it's feature set leaves a lot to be desired), but if a good laugh with mature themes is what you're looking for, it's a much more involved choice than Vivendi's Leisure Suit Larry. And despite all its audaciousness, it's a lot more subtle too."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pretty much what I expected. Hope the game play hasn't been dumbed down TOO much from the Smackdown! games; they are already simplistic enough to me.

Top Bottom