• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumble Roses passes the multiplayer test! With flying something. . .

Had some friends over tonight to check out game swag and talk about life and shit.

Ended up playing Rumble Roses for about three hours and unlocking Face/Heel versions of the characters. The game system is really simple, but fun for multiplayer as it doesn't require the super masterful timing of something like VF4; and god damn are the moves just flashy as all hell.

The ninja girl is by far one of the coolest characters ever. Lots of really elaborate flipping, swinging, kicking moves; and a silly ninja run to boot.

Dixie also rocks with some super aggro looking attacks and submission holds.

Ms. Spencer's Heel attire rocks. Total BDSM freak, and she whips clown slaves. I would pay good money to see Ms. Spencer dominating Snake. Not because I have some MGS fetish, just becase I want to see Snake get his ass beat by a hot chick so the MGS fanboys cry while I laugh and replenish my Kleenex.

Konami are gods among game developers! :p

Well worth the $40 spent, and you can get it for $34.99 this week at Best Buy abusing the GGC!

So far I'm enjoying the costumes of:

Face Dixie
Heel Ms. Spencer / Face Swimwear
Heel Aisha

By enjoying I mean I prefer that alignment's attire, not "I'm spanking ye olde monkey to."

Then we played the Killzone demo and everybody cried.

Not really.

In fact, we all agreed to give the game a shot at some point for multiplayer. The Huge Black Man™ with the big ass machine gun = ROX!

Beezy

The Take Out Bandit said:
In fact, we all agreed to give the game a shot at some point for multiplayer. The Huge Black Man™ with the big ass machine gun = ROX!

I thought he was hispanic...

I honestly don't know and since the Puerto Rican in the room didn't correct me, I just continued assuming his was the stereotypical Huge Black Man™.

Either way, he f@cking rox! Although it's hard to aim when all you see is muzzle flash from your huge f'ing gun.

I'm looking forward to renting Killzone when I get some free time or another Rent One, Get One Free coupon from Blockbuster or Hollywood Video. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Huge Black Man™ with the big ass machine gun = ROX

Does he have a big machine gun coming out of his ass?

I think I read it wrong, but considering the rest of the game....

Sho Nuff

Banned
I just found out that I know someone who worked on the voice recording (they did it all here in Tokyo). It saddens me because I am going to have to kill them :lol

Dixie does kick ass. Not as graceful as some of the others, but she's very spirited and her moveset is just plain brutal. And her "heel" persona, Sgt. Clemets, has some very admirable opinions on beachwear.

wink.gif

As for the others, I'm partial to "face" Reiko, Noble Rose, Candy Cane, and Miss Spencer. Reiko's got one of the better movesets and some nice aerial techniques, Noble is an obvious Cutey Honey reference, and Candy Cane and Miss Spencer... well, who can say no to a naughty Catholic schoolgirl and her equally naughty teacher?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TToB, being a wrestling game, you don't even need to throw in the "it may not be as deep as ___" line comparing it to fighting games.

I did buy both RR and Smackdown! Vs. RAW at the same time, and RR doesn't seem as simplistic in its game play compared to Smackdown! as I thought. The huge difference is in the lack of modes/match types.

Candy Cane is so much better than Becky. I prefer Rowdy Reiko over Reiko though, same with Noble Rose over Evil Rose. That devil costume is just too damn cheesy looking. :) And I have to take Showbiz and Mistress Spencer over Aisha and Miss Spencer.

Dixie is probably my favorite character. I could care less about both Aigle and Makoto's face and heel versions, and I'm not sure if I like Bloody Shadow or Justice better. Love Bloody Shadow's triple 619...what cool moves does Justice have?

Lyte Edge

Sho Nuff said:
I just found out that I know someone who worked on the voice recording (they did it all here in Tokyo). It saddens me because I am going to have to kill them :lol

Hey Sho, do you know if the Japanese version is going to get a different set of voices and any extras?

Azih

I thought so and to my mind that's an automatic fail on multiplay.

Second question. does it have a one hand control mode?

Lyte Edge

Azih said:
I thought so and to my mind that's an automatic fail on multiplay.

Second question. does it have a one hand control mode?

Yeah, Smackdown! Vs. RAW is better for multiplayer. Although Rumble Roses is easier to play and has some cooler-looking moves, and with teh b00bz it's going to be easier to get more people playing it compared to other wrestling games IMO

No one-handed mode, sorry. :lol

About Exhibition Mode... according to the folks on GameFAQs, there's a Codebreaker code that will unlock all 22 characters for play, regardless of face/heel alignment. Could that mean it's possible to do so legitimately in the game, w/o the cheat device?

EDIT: No one-handed option, but IIRC there's a COM vs COM option, isn't there?
wink.gif

Lyte Edge

Spike Spiegel said:
About Exhibition Mode... according to the folks on GameFAQs, there's a Codebreaker code that will unlock all 22 characters for play, regardless of face/heel alignment. Could that mean it's possible to do so legitimately in the game, w/o the cheat device?

Doubt it. I was hoping that beating the story mode with every character and having the heel/face hold the title might do it, but someone would have confirmed that by now.

What I want to know is if the Codebreaker code would let you SAVE the game this way so you wouldn't have to use the CB every time you play the game.

I'm probably going to go pick up a Codebreaker today; been thinking about buying either a CB or a Game Shark so I can get stuff unlocked in games I just don't feel like going through multiple times (Viewtiful Joe in particular...I want to play as Dante NOW!)

Lyte Edge said:
What I want to know is if the Codebreaker code would let you SAVE the game this way so you wouldn't have to use the CB every time you play the game.
This guy says yes:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=919556&topic=17487175

Jojothemonkeeboy said:
I picked up a Codebreaker yesterday to check out the codes to unlock all the girls in Exhibition. The code works perfectly and when I loaded the game all 22 of the characters were there to be used. After a couple of matches I decided to quit for a while and saved the game. When I came back to play later I booted the game without the Codebreaker and all the girls were still unlocked. So when I saved it saved all the girls on the memory card. So that leads one to believe that there may be some way to do this legitimately. If not get your hands on a Codebreaker use the code and save and you will have all the girls in Exhibition. Last night I had Candy Cane smack around Becky in a Mud Match and it was just to cool. ^_^
I've been thinking about getting a Codebreaker, lately... for Monster Hunter.
red_face.gif

whoa, someone needs to figure out how to unlock the face/heel versions of all the characters without a codebreaker ... or make a gamesave with them all unlocked...

Lyte Edge

The Faceless Master said:
whoa, someone needs to figure out how to unlock the face/heel versions of all the characters without a codebreaker ... or make a gamesave with them all unlocked...

If you can save the game after inputting that code, expect to see a "hacked" game save uploaded very soon. :)

How does one download PS2 game saves anyway?

So Spank, I see your resolve did not last, eh? Either way you still get a Solid Snake. :p

Is the Tickle Hand the stick with the glove on it? My favorite weapon so far is brass knuckles and that bitchin' uterus punch. OH YEAH! A BIT OF THE OLD ULTRAVIOLENCE!

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the game guide. Hopefully it's full of explotation pictures and CG. Oh, and hopefully it will have some info on unlocking all versions of the characters. :D

Evil Aisha's ring entrance is just scandalous! I love it.

Does he have a big machine gun coming out of his ass?

No, it's a machine gun that shoots asses. HEE HAW! HEE HAW!

Aisha is my favorite character hands down...

no, not down there...

her personality, design, intros and moves are all great, and the heel version (showbiz) is just great too

Also forgot to add the Vow System isn't as bad as Ferrio made it out to be. It's really not hard to perform the tasks, and it adds some variety. I used to do similar stuff back when I played SF2 with friends, like attack using only the fierce button and such.

WarPig

I weep for the future of our civilization.

I also maintain that Ayako Hamada is way cuter than anything made out of polygons.

DFS.

Yeah, I know I tread dangerous ground saying this but. . .

I weep for the future of our civilization.

As if November 3rd didn't give you enough cause?

Hey, at least I'll die happy once those terrorists get around to nuking our fat asses. ^_^

Lyte Edge

Okay, picked up a Codebreaker (Version 8.2 at Circuit City for $20...make sure it's at least 7.0 or higher) and tried out the code...

....SUCCESS. :) You get both face and heel in exhibition, and once you save the game, it stays that way. The only thing left to try is to see what happens if I turn a heel face....will it overwrite the character and make the heel get locked again? I'll try it without a memory card inserted and see what happens.

Oh, and I like how the champion actually has the belt in her entrance in exhibition mode. That's a nice touch.

I'll wait on the strategy guide or some other non-code means of unlocking the characters. Besides, that's $20 I can use on PS2 Astroboy. :p

Spank: +1 Rumble Roses! My NPD lust thanks you. :D

Lyte Edge

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'll wait on the strategy guide or some other non-code means of unlocking the characters. Besides, that's $20 I can use on PS2 Astroboy. :p

Spank: +1 Rumble Roses! My NPD lust thanks you. :D

There's not going to be a code or other means. It's pretty obvious from both how the VOW system works and what the code does (it copies the vow percentage for whichever version you have unlocked, creating a "clone" character) But luckily, changing between heel and face won't relock the character, so I was able to get all 22 characters to 100% on their respective sides and get every character available in the championship mode too. :)

Take that $20 and spend in on anything else but PS2 Astro Boy. Get the GBA version and forget about the PS2 version.

Lyte Edge

Another little extra was just posted at gamefaqs:

Swap the girls movie entrances

Select 'Exhibition Mode', then pick either 'Normal Match' or 'Title Match'. Select either '1 player', '2 player', or 'computer'. Select the characters you want to swap intro's with. Select the ring you want to hold the match in, then hold down L1 + L2 +R1 + R2 and select 'Play'
Contributed By: WWX

Lyte Edge

I need to get my capture card working again so I can take some screens too. :)

That looks like a fun code to mess around with.

Lyte Edge said:
Another little extra was just posted at gamefaqs:

Swap the girls movie entrances

Select 'Exhibition Mode', then pick either 'Normal Match' or 'Title Match'. Select either '1 player', '2 player', or 'computer'. Select the characters you want to swap intro's with. Select the ring you want to hold the match in, then hold down L1 + L2 +R1 + R2 and select 'Play'
Contributed By: WWX
I knew there had to be something like this... one of the last trailers released had footage of Reiko doing ring intros that belonged to Evil Rose and Showbiz.

Oh well so much for that theory.

Beat the Story mode with Rowdy Reiko and just unlocked some swimsuits. :/

Evil Rose's second outfit is like an ultra hot pseudo Cutey Honey get up.

MUST UNLOCK ALL CHARACTERS!

I wonder if you have to perform X amount of humiliation moves or some such as finishers before you can unlock everything for a character?

Has anyone been able to unlock the secret ring? According to the game's manual, there are 5 wrestling rings: the initial 3 rings, the "mad mud" beach, and a secret ring...

It appears the guide is chock full of LIES!

They claim beating the game with both versions of the character unlocks both versions for Story / Exhibition / Gallery mode.

People pay money for these things?

There is also a decided lack of good titty pictures in the guide. Art sections should be mandatory! >:|

Lyte Edge

Spike Spiegel said:
Has anyone been able to unlock the secret ring? According to the game's manual, there are 5 wrestling rings: the initial 3 rings, the "mad mud" beach, and a secret ring...

There's speculation that it was a mistake...the cheat codes would have found it otherwise.

TToB, should have put that money spent on the guide towards a Codebreaker. :)

Top Bottom