• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sam Raimi Nearing Deal to Direct 'Doctor Strange 3'

ManaByte

Gold Member

But I’m told that Raimi is definitely coming back, which is no surprise as he really seemed to enjoy working with Marvel, as opposed to other filmmakers who have struggled to adapt to the studio’s process.

Raimi came in, hit his marks, and delivered nearly $300 million more than the first film, which is an impressive feat, and similar to how the Russo brothers grew the Captain America franchise following Joe Johnston’s first film.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I hope he does it. Multiverse of Madness has amazing potential but the execution was just okay. They could have kicked off the multiverse in a phenomenal way but it set the stage for mediocre showings for the rest of the multiverse.

Doom85

They could have kicked off the multiverse in a phenomenal way but it set the stage for mediocre showings for the rest of the multiverse.

Deadpool and Wolverine is the only MCU multiverse film following Dr. Strange 2 so that doesn’t check out.

No, I’m not counting Ant-man 3. Yes, that Kang was from another universe, but that’s it, the entire film is entirely in the main universe (albeit in its Quantum Realm).

Heck, it’s why Deadpool saying the multiverse wasn’t working actually doesn’t make sense. Loki, Spidey No Way Home, Dr. Strange 2, heck outside of the MCU: Spider-verse and Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. All of these were fairly to very well received, but because Internet negativity knows no consistency, suddenly the narrative shifted from, “we happen to find the films/shows with the multi-verse stuff good to great” to, “all of a sudden, we don’t like the multiverse stuff”. I think most people’s issues are really with Kang, but they fail to separate the multiverse in general from Kang (ironic since three MCU multiverse films don’t deal with Kang at all, and only one multiverse show does).

Last one was woke as fuck
Almost vomited 🤢

N91yJAD.jpeg

Seriously, the fuck are you talking about? Strange defeats every opponent (creature at the beginning, alternate Mordo, Sinister Strange) he’s up against in the movie, except for Wanda (and even then he does pretty well) but not on one else defeats her save her own realization she was wrong. So a white dude repeatedly saves the day, and a woman is in the wrong and hurting innocent people. How the fuck is this woke? Oh, right, America’s parents are two women. Ah yes, I mean they’re only on screen for less than a minute, but on noez, THE WOKE, it’s too much, get it away!!!

Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

ahtlas7

Happy Friday, folks!
Word is starting to trickle out regarding Gladiator II, and I hear it’s the real deal — that Ridley Scott is a shoo-in for an Oscar nomination, and both Paul Mescal and Denzel Washington are serious threats to score acting nods.
This is the top news in that write up to me. Unbelievable from the trailer I saw.

RAÏSanÏa

N91yJAD.jpeg

Seriously, the fuck are you talking about? Strange defeats every opponent (creature at the beginning, alternate Mordo, Sinister Strange) he’s up against in the movie, except for Wanda (and even then he does pretty well) but not on one else defeats her save her own realization she was wrong. So a white dude repeatedly saves the day, and a woman is in the wrong and hurting innocent people. How the fuck is this woke? Oh, right, America’s parents are two women. Ah yes, I mean they’re only on screen for less than a minute, but on noez, THE WOKE, it’s too much, get it away!!!

I couldn't remember anything ":messenger_ghost:woke:messenger_ghost:" about MoM either, so I'm glad you mentioned America's parents. That's just normal couple in fictional environment, art reflecting life with drama giving coming of age independence metaphor, but with the caveat of this being to the perception of the most advanced peoples of the most developed nations on the planet. They're used to it and it's part of the culture and reality. They know it doesn't threaten anyone and contributes to social cohesion.

To the ideological, orthodox, autocratic, and others, in those and other nations, where cultural advancements haven't happened this could be what triggers them when they say ":messenger_ghost:woke:messenger_ghost:" to anything. They don't have the cultural education to know the difference between portrayed reality and created fiction. They mistake culture for culture war and justify lashing out by becoming culture warriors themselves. Picketing with their superstitious fixated inarticulate irrational fear response to everything they see : ":messenger_ghost:woke:messenger_ghost:".

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Multiverse of Madness was fucking junk. I saw both 1 and 2 in theaters and I wish I could have my time and money back, but mostly time, since that's irreplaceable.
Oops: Anyway, because 1 was really good, to me, I will consider giving this a shot, but only after a trailer. Disney isn't exactly shitting out golden eggs these days.

Last edited:

Musashipan

Deadpool and Wolverine is the only MCU multiverse film following Dr. Strange 2 so that doesn’t check out.

No, I’m not counting Ant-man 3. Yes, that Kang was from another universe, but that’s it, the entire film is entirely in the main universe (albeit in its Quantum Realm).

Heck, it’s why Deadpool saying the multiverse wasn’t working actually doesn’t make sense. Loki, Spidey No Way Home, Dr. Strange 2, heck outside of the MCU: Spider-verse and Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. All of these were fairly to very well received, but because Internet negativity knows no consistency, suddenly the narrative shifted from, “we happen to find the films/shows with the multi-verse stuff good to great” to, “all of a sudden, we don’t like the multiverse stuff”. I think most people’s issues are really with Kang, but they fail to separate the multiverse in general from Kang (ironic since three MCU multiverse films don’t deal with Kang at all, and only one multiverse show does).

N91yJAD.jpeg

Within the first 5 seconds, immediate dread. They started speaking spanish. I thought to myself "oh no, did I accidentally buy a spanish dub showing?" A few seconds later, I hear english, and breathe a sigh of relief. I did not buy a spanish dub showing, it was just woke pandering.

Cuckolded Dr Strange is featured in the movie, and it is named after him, but I was left with the feeling that the movie really wasn't about him in any sense. He's in almost every scene, but he's kind of just... there, without any real presence or purpose. For Mother's Day release, it features Mom. Because people bring their mom to see marvel movies on Mother's Day weekend?

Chavez is just kind of there out of nowhere, we know nothing about her, yet are supposed to care deeply, because she speaks spanish, and has two moms. It's very important you know that, because it can distract you from how much substance and meaning is lacking from her character.

They make sure to kill the two men first in the illuminati battle. It has to be a battle between the women, who are obviously superior, and gleefully arrogant. Are we supposed to like them?

The only men with any real power are literally decaying (strange) or old and wrinkly (professor x). Bless your heart you silly cishet, your role models are dead or dying. Move over and go die somewhere, it's time for Chavez 💅🏻💅🏻

Not my words, but it sums it up.
You keep watching this woke crap that marvel has become. I'm done

Doom85

Was I supposed to feel empathy for a character that killed dozens of characters just because she couldn't be a mother? Last movie was complete rubbish.

1) the Darkhold helped corrupt her mind, this is flat out stated in the film
2) her parents had died, her brother had died, and now her boyfriend had died. Yes, to a degree she is sympathetic. But the movie made it abundantly clear she was in the wrong (in fact, it corrects this as opposed to WandaVision which overempathized with Wanda at the end). Like, how did that not sink in for you at the climax when she finds a universe with the two kids and they run away from her screaming and into the arms of their actual mother? Did you think we were supposed to root for her as she murdered tons of sorcerers and other heroes?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Within the first 5 seconds, immediate dread. They started speaking spanish. I thought to myself "oh no, did I accidentally buy a spanish dub showing?" A few seconds later, I hear english, and breathe a sigh of relief. I did not buy a spanish dub showing, it was just woke pandering.

Cuckolded Dr Strange is featured in the movie, and it is named after him, but I was left with the feeling that the movie really wasn't about him in any sense. He's in almost every scene, but he's kind of just... there, without any real presence or purpose. For Mother's Day release, it features Mom. Because people bring their mom to see marvel movies on Mother's Day weekend?

Chavez is just kind of there out of nowhere, we know nothing about her, yet are supposed to care deeply, because she speaks spanish, and has two moms. It's very important you know that, because it can distract you from how much substance and meaning is lacking from her character.

They make sure to kill the two men first in the illuminati battle. It has to be a battle between the women, who are obviously superior, and gleefully arrogant. Are we supposed to like them?

The only men with any real power are literally decaying (strange) or old and wrinkly (professor x). Bless your heart you silly cishet, your role models are dead or dying. Move over and go die somewhere, it's time for Chavez 💅🏻💅🏻

This is parody, right?

Doom85

Laugh Laughing GIF

Funniest shit I’ve read in a while.

FunkMiller

Ah... I see where you're confused.

When you hear a foreign language and feel immediate dread, before breathing a sigh of relief when you hear English, that's called 'racism' not 'woke pandering'.

Glad I could clear that up for you, champ.

Back on topic:

I kinda wish Sam would go and make his own movies again. His creative energy is stifled so badly by the corporate Disney machine. But I guess he's got to keep Ted in dog biscuits and Bruce in chin ointment, so not surprising he'd take another big pay check.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

images

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Did you really copy and paste a Reddit post or something? Lol

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

That's the DUMBEST TAKE anyone could make from this movie that actually saw it ... Which leads me to believe the original poster never saw it and got all that from some outrage YouTuber or something because... Yeah. That's an alternate universe take! LMBO!

Top Bottom