• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Running Back from FSU also hit a girl several times at same bar and hurt puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesousa

Banned
Or do you mean humanity has no place in college? Pretty sure all kinds of crimes are happening at colleges, involving non-athletic students.

Oh no doubt crime is a problem on a campus. Doesn't change the fact that college sports are a waste of resources.

Maybe for the other sports. But football and basketball bring these schools in ten of millions or more, depending on what school it is.

I'm sure FSU would be fine without them.

The goals of most schools that have athletic programs is to get to the big leagues one day and FSU is already there. There's a reason why you see athletes who feel entitled to do anything they want at and around these schools. They know that ultimately the schools want the money they bring in more than they want well behaved students.

They feel entitled because they get away with murder from the time they prove they can play. I went to High school with a guy scouted by some school in Mississippi. Couldnt read at all, and he was a Junior in high school. He wasn't the only one either.

These athletes are just in here to be a feeder to the NFL, which should be taking on this task themselves.

genjiZERO

I've been to that bar Ianni's or whatever it's called. It's filled with some of the worst people imaginable. All of those Tallahassee bars needs to be closed down they're a blight.

Oh no doubt crime is a problem on a campus. Doesn't change the fact that college sports are a waste of resources.

I'm sure FSU would be fine without them.

They feel entitled because they get away with murder from the time they prove they can play. I went to High school with a guy scouted by some school in Mississippi. Couldnt read at all, and he was a Junior in high school. He wasn't the only one either.

These athletes are just in here to be a feeder to the NFL, which should be taking on this task themselves.
I don't understand why you're ignoring the role money plays in these decisions. High Schools make money off of having good programs, colleges make more and the NFL makes the most.

There's only really a few schools left in the country trying to field teams filled with saints and they haven't been winning many, if any championships this century.

Crazy how football players are worshipped. I remember song in school and the Varsity players would just stroll in whenever (Texas) and nobody batted an eye. One guy had like the reading level of a first grader. I don't think any of them made it past college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom