• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 delayed to November 20th

xrnzaaas

Not surprised one bit, take all the time you need. I actually won't have to stress about finishing the original trilogy from the recent console release in time.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
COVID caused delays of over a year plus for many, many major games. You don’t think a massive war might have led to an even bigger delay?
First game: buggy to this day
Second game:
Being developed during Covid
Being developed during a war
Staff members die in war
Delays after delays

It will be a Christmas miracle if this game is legit good. That’s why when I say there a mountain of shit stacked against this game, that’s what I mean.

They could develop for another 3 years and I’m still of the mind this thing will come out mid.

Animated GIF

3.6/5 IGN
Too much water, not enough woke content-IGN

Would not surprise me if they are struggling with the Series S version optimisation. Would explain this late announcement, a month and a half before the planned release date.

Jesb

Was thinking to give the old games a try since they been in my library forever but both games don’t support a controller. So much for that.

COVID caused delays of over a year plus for many, many major games. You don’t think a massive war might have led to an even bigger delay?

They left the warzone literally a month after it started and all relocated to Prague. Lets stop this narative how they are doing gods work by dedicating themselves to develop a game in the middle of a war. No, they moved far far away asap and continued to develop in peace.

Zathalus

They left the warzone literally a month after it started and all relocated to Prague. Lets stop this narative how they are doing gods work by dedicating themselves to develop a game in the middle of a war. No, they moved far far away asap and continued to develop in peace.
Not all of them left (some had to flee for their lives while others joined the armed forces) and packing up and moving to an entire other country while your own is being invaded is going to put a massive delay on any project. Not to imagine the stress impacting you if you have any family left behind. That’s not the only reason for the delay of course, the cyberattacks and leak of the game probably contributed as well.

Does that completely explain the delays? Probably not, but pretending they didn’t have a massive impact is asinine.

ultrazilla

October 2024:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances and wanting to make Stalker 2 the best it can be, we have made the difficult decision to delay the game from November 20th, 2024 until Spring/Summer 2025"

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
October 2024:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances and wanting to make Stalker 2 the best it can be, we have made the difficult decision to delay the game from November 20th, 2024 until Spring/Summer 2025"
Yep. And 3 more delays after that too, and still launch janky AF.

Top Bottom