• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacrifice |OT| Shiny Entertainment's sleeper hit back in 2000

DarkFlame

Banned
774197.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't a thread already about one of the most innovative games to memory. Sacrifice actually invented the term real time action-strategy
I remember putting quite an unhealthy amount of hours into this game back in the day.....And i'm left wondering who owns the rights after Shiny's default...the fact that we never got a sequel,even from another company is beyond me...

For those who never got the actual chance of playing, Sacrifice is a real time action strategy game where you control a wizard in 3rd person.Your objective is to destroy the enemy wizard(s) by desecrating his altar while performing a certain ritual.

Gameplay involves:

-Summoning otherworldly creatures at your command

-Using a big variety of spells ranging from heal effects,speed buffs to spells of ultimate destuction

-Managing mana and soul resources,both needed to cast spells and summon creatures

-Capturing,defending and attacking enemy mana fountains,which provide your mana source.

The player has to choose the favour from one of the five Gods in the game,each coming with its own unique creatures and spells:

Charnel, the God of Death

Persephone, the Goddess of Life

Stratos , the God of Air

Pyro, the God of Fire

James,the God of Earth.

Some screenshots of the game

Sacrifice_by_Interplay_-_formation.jpg

SacrificeIngame8.jpg

SacrificeIngame2.jpg

sacrifice.jpg

Top Bottom