• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa 2 DS Fan Translation |OT| -- Translation Complete (v2.0)

Made it past Odin without doing any really serious grinding. Wasn't particularly easy though, and I'm not looking forward to Apollo.

Also, made my Dragon God monster, slightly different from Schopenhaeur's. If he had Heal or Full Cure instead, I'd be really happy. His Ram Attack is x10 I think? Does decent damage.

vrydsh.jpg

At the Central Shrine. Going to do some stat grinding to push my Esper/Human characters up to maximum.

And Arsenal falls! I spent about 7-8 good hours farming the Dolphins on the roof of the Edo Castle Dungeon trying to get better abilities for my Mutant and stat ups for everyone. No luck on the abilities, went in with Flare, Piercing Ray, O Damage, and X Elec (really?). Arsenal was still pretty rough, but nothing that a Heal per round couldn't mitigate.

Final Stats and Monster:

apiflf.jpg
15ojyno.jpg

Really enjoyed this remake. Can't wait to play SaGa 3 DS (Crimson Nocturnal is doing this one as well). Now to find something to do between now and Tactics Ogre / DQVI!

Link1110

Freyjadour said:
Hah! Got Flare for my Mutant first attempt at
Echigoya

Edit: Odin is a dick!
Took me so long to beat him as a kid. I had to go through the entire Nasty Dungeon and get all the items in there. For bonus points, get to him without dying. He attacks you without a word.

Link1110 said:
Took me so long to beat him as a kid. I had to go through the entire Nasty Dungeon and get all the items in there. For bonus points, get to him without dying. He attacks you without a word.

I managed that and he does have a dialog with the MC this time around.

Link1110

Freyjadour said:
I managed that and he does have a dialog with the MC this time around.
Cool

And about Apollo... Be afraid, be very afraid. In this version, beating him is a matter of luck even of you spam heal rods and wait for him to die.

Hesemonni said:
Times like this make me wonder why hasn't 7th Dragon gotten a fan translation yet?

It's kind of in limbo, there was a guy working on it who got tired of the fanbase nitpicking about something and put it aside. Now apparently he is working on it again, but as you can probably guess the guy working on it is kind of indecisive. Who knows if we'll ever see that particular project finished.

Finished SaGa 2 last night. It was a blast, but the last two bosses were a real pain in the ass.

I ended up going with a variant Seiryu as my final monster. A healing skill would have been nice, but Psycho Blast was too good to pass up.

Schopenhauer said:
Finished SaGa 2 last night. It was a blast, but the last two bosses were a real pain in the ass.

I ended up going with a variant Seiryu as my final monster. A healing skill would have been nice, but Psycho Blast was too good to pass up.

They really were rather difficult.

I really wanted Psycho Blast on my Mutant but the damn dolphins would never drop it :(. I obviously needed the stat grind so to speak, but I would've liked 3x P-Blast!

Parallax said:
im curious, is there a list of rom cards that this game works with?

Flashcarts? CN released an alternate patch for 2.11 that should (along with the regular 2.11) cover most common carts.

Patch two separate files, one with the alt patch and one with the normal one, and put them both on the cart. If one doesn't work, the game will freeze at the black screen after Dad jumps out the window VERY early on.

Just a head's up in case anyone happens upon this in the future (HA!), but Crimson Nocturnal called it quits and their head honcho sabotaged the site to put up a rant about the community. I don't have the patches anymore, but I'm looking around for the mirrors so that I can link to them directly rather than CN's site.

Again, interest was never strong to begin with, but for those of you who like to search around old JRPG threads like I do, I'll do what I can.

EDIT: Caught his thread on another forum before it is deleted/archived. Added links to OP.

bubnbob

Banned
Freyjadour said:
Just a head's up in case anyone happens upon this in the future (HA!), but Crimson Nocturnal called it quits and their head honcho sabotaged the site to put up a rant about the community. I don't have the patches anymore, but I'm looking around for the mirrors so that I can link to them directly rather than CN's site.

Again, interest was never strong to begin with, but for those of you who like to search around old JRPG threads like I do, I'll do what I can.

You can get the patch from FileTemp (GBATemp's file storage site)

Top Bottom