• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV: How the Saints Save Christmas DLC |OT| Out Dec 11!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Didn't see any threads for this DLC and it actually looks pretty good so I figured I'd make a quick OT since it's out next week.

hdpphK3.jpg

Via: http://saintsrow.com/community/go/t...How_the_Saints_Save_Christmas_DLC_121113?pg=1

This year Christmas starts on December 11th, a day unlike any other day where we will release the amazing “How the Saints Save Christmas” DLC. Santa is trapped inside the Simulation but the Scrooge-like Boss of the Third Street Saints can't muster enough Christmas spirit to save him. Can the Saints help the Boss discover the true meaning of the season in time? A holiday classic for the whole family.

If you have the Saints Row IV season pass already you can download it for free. If not simply buy it on PlayStation® Store, Xbox Live Marketplace or on Steam!

Full Mission Pack:
Quests: 3 new story driven quests.
Weapon - Costume: Red Rider BB Gun
Weapon - Costume: Christmas Dubstep Gun
Weapon - Costume: North Pole
Vehicle: Flying Reindeer
Vehicle: Santa's Sleigh

Note: Posted later in that thread
IdolNinja said:
I can't discuss any details, but I can say that the list of unlocks in the press release is very incomplete.

Looks to be dropping next week!

This looks like it will be fun. But only 3 missions? Didn't the last DLC have 5?

I'll be kinda bummed out if this is super short.

EDIT: oh I see, quests. Each quest will be comprised of 3 or 4 missions most likely. I can deal with this.

I can't wait to spend an hour to finish this dlc!

I would normally agree, but I can live with the relatively short DLC considering the season pass price (bought individually it truly is way overpriced).

Unfortunately, ever since the first expansions in SR2, they have been really short and lacking in content. Although I wish they would do Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony style expansions, I suppose I can't complain because they do put out a game roughly every two years.

Alec

Hopefully it doesn't add new trophies that won't sync\severely delay the syncing process for a month.

Don't get me wrong, I want new trophies. I just want them to work, god damnit.

Laws00

the season pass on xbox is still on sale.

When I saw the title i was like I need to play this. Now im like, I don't know.

only 3 missions? :/

Thomper

Did anyone else play it yet? Steam just downloaded it for me. I finished it in less than an hour, but really enjoyed it. There's not enough 'Christmas-games', and this thing basically feels like what a Saints Row Christmas would be like. Don't expect anything mindblowing, but considering I only paid five bucks for the Season Pass - I'm satisfied.

Ceebs

Just finished it. MUCH MUCH better than the last DLC. From the second it started I knew it was going to be amazing. Smile on my face the whole time.

There is even a damn Love Actually reference in there.

Also holiday Dubstep gun skin

I completely forgot that I bought the SRIV season pass, and saw a decent-sized download start up for the game. I hadn't even heard about this DLC and the second I opened it to see "How the Saints Save Christmas" I started laughing.

It was a nice little surprise.

Just finished it - agreed, miles better than the last pack. In fact, it's probably the best Saints Row DLC add-on ever, as small an achievement that is. You get a great bundle of dumb holiday content for the main game, and while the first two missions are pretty generic (though the Santa's Workshop location is spectacularly done) - the finale is really fun & feels unique. Sharp writing, great premise - it's a Christmas Miracle!

TheDanger

Banned
I just played through this and it was phenomenal, very fun DLC. I love all the rewards you get, you'd be hard pressed finding something better to play for this christmas.

Top Bottom