• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakura Spirit |OT| Turning On Steam (For Waifus)!

Cheddahz

Banned
FGfU2fr.png

Platform: PC
Developer: Winged Cloud
Publisher: Sekai Project

Genre: "Indie"

Steam Store page

What is Sakura Spirit?
Rising Judo Star, Gushiken Takahiro, was about to have the match that would make or break his career in two weeks. A championship match where the winner is then signed up to be a young national athlete for Japan. He was very determined to win, in order to fulfill his dreams of finally representing his country for a sport he loves so much.

He was prepared and ready, but that doesn’t stop him from being nervous for his upcoming battle. With the suggestion of his friends and classmates, he goes to a shrine that was rumoured to grant any wish or prayer. He poured all the coins from his already full coin bank into the offering box and made his prayer. After praying, he becomes dizzy and nauseous and eventually faints. When he woke up, he was already in an ancient place he didn’t recognize.

While searching for a way back to his village, he stumbles upon two girl wielding swords chasing after two… foxgirls? He questions his brain at first, but then follows them, only to be caught in on their shenanigans as well.

Who are these girls and are they involved on Takahiro’s arrival to this new world? Will he ever get back to his home place and timeline just in time for his match? Or will he be stuck there forever?

Gameplay Images:
waifu_by_freeanimesketches-d7pv9tx.jpg

Impressions:
impressions found from the steam ot

So is the writting actually good in this one?

Any impressions from people that are well versed in visual novels?

From what I have seen it looks like a whole lotta dumb ecchi fanservice.

Jawmuncher

Everyone I know who has played it says the writing is bad. It really is strictly fan service more than anything.

Chariot

You absolutely right. It's dumb writing that just leads you from one ecchi scene to another. Just look at my impressions, the amount of pictures I couldn't post and just link is growing with every part, plus the pictures that I can't even link because they're too much.

You absolutely right. It's dumb writing that just leads you from one ecchi scene to another. Just look at my impressions, the amount of pictures I couldn't post and just link is growing with every part, plus the pictures that I can't even link because they're too much.

Oh, stop it, you are making it sound better and better.

Okay, thanks guys!

I dont get why this exists. Is it just to joke about?
There are visual novels with proper sex scenes and all that jazz plus good writing.
But obviously these never get on steam.

Chariot

Oh, stop it, you are making it sound better and better.
nyorero~n

Okay, thanks guys!

I dont get why this exists. Is it just to joke about?
There are visual novels with proper sex scenes and all that jazz plus good writing.
But obviously these never get on steam.
We didn't even think that smut can get to steam. But here we are. And maybe that means that we get the good stuff too in the near future.
And, at the very least, the game looks pretty.

anime avatars

Isn`t this free too?
Nah, Sunriders is free. And Sunriders has at least a shower nipple scene.
Sakura Spirit costs 10 Euro and part of your dignity.

Not really interested but I hope it does well so we can get other VNs on Steam.

I wonder if the devs had problems getting the game accepted by Gaben.

We didn't even think that smut can get to steam. But here we are. And maybe that means that we get the good stuff too in the near future.
And, at the very least, the game looks pretty.

Yeah you are right, every little step counts.
Waiting patiently for the day I can buy something like Yume Miru Kusuri on steam (a good visual novel, at least in my opinion).

Though I fear more 'normal' gamers that want to try a visual novel will get burned by this or go go nippon and wont try out the good ones when they come.

Chariot

Yeah you are right, every little step counts.
Waiting patiently for the day I can buy something like Yume Miru Kusuri on steam (a good visual novel, at least in my opinion).

Though I fear more 'normal' gamers that want to try a visual novel will get burned by this or go go nippon and wont try out the good ones when they come.
"Normal" gamers will be bummed out no matter what. People won't seriously recommend that as pinacle of VNs to friends. When the big good novels hit, they will hit.

Ok, I'll just ask the big question. Does the game show people engaged in sexual activities?
No. It's all ages. Somehow.

Chariot

So, now that we have proper thread I can post in this proper thread. SteamGAF and their bosses will be relieved.

Sakura Spirit - part 4a

part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4b

So, SteamGAF told me to choose the kitsune sisters. So we're doing that.

5386F8C15014068F92EABFD297E2FC157A0EA3C7

AD15588E78F44FB43C6E62AF4E694A01A87B434B

35CBA9211BC673F0022E917663212439199CAD9F

"We want your dick. You're the greatest. You're the best thing that happened to the world." blergh

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57735689692255330/E0619049D44D9CBB20D7AD5A5513B932244EFE8D/
Luckily I didn't made a clichee counter, it would already exploded in my face.

3EFBC224DE3323473D454895B1E4E21E9DFB6149

Pretty people can't be evil. Only ugly people are evil.

So, after the sisters declared how much they still want Takahiro's dick. But what about the plot?

A3BCA0EB19C2CD5F02E55880F67F635D6302277F

Oh, there it is. Goody.
Time to confront the Slime and her friends. What could they be? An orge, an elf, a griphon?

0CB30EA8D4E9B86920A482A0B4D12FF9123D1494

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god, please kill me.

So they defeat the slimes by putting them into jaws within 5 textboxes, then Takahiro returns to his world and after two and a half year he returns to the shrine where he gets teleportet again.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57735689692262696/0EE8B6A3FDCEA0945973230659EDB25D663FBFE0/
"I NEED HIS DICK AND I NEED IT NOW!"

9D380D55CD5171AF18B4F07775B73223CEE13534

"NEED HIS DICK NOOOOW! We as women are worthless without someone with a dick."

619DEE59666B0EA8C1CDFF39A32A26E319D6F23E

What are you blushing for, Tsuyuri? Seriously.

03512CF952A38C6F721AEA69061E0267E35CB1E0

Fuck you!

08B1E29A33E6F1C6A9B133F626B9B16597912E60

Wait... Tsuyuri? The godess? So that was your selfinsert? Gaaaaaawwwd

My steam say I've played the game 87 minutes. I was sometimes disattracted and made screenshots. Given that I still miss the other route (yeah, ONE choice in the game) and the game regulary costs 10 euro, thats about 1 Euro per 10 minutes.

part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4b

Well, htey had problems with their cards and backgrounds at least.

JIPp0Gz.png

Then add this gem to your treasure and share your smotty impressions with us :D (is smotty even a word?)

So trading cards (and backgrounds) are actually coming? Nice. I bet these will be worth a lot on the market.

Good god, it's like nobody even bothered to spellcheck or proofread the script.

4058hEE.png

The first 20 mins or so are fine, after that every 2-3 dialogue boxes have some kind of spelling errors, duplicated words, missing words or terrible grammar making it hard as hell to try and understand.

Edit: Urghhhhh. 3 dialogue boxes in a row with words than don't even make any sense, it's almost as if they used the auto-correct function on a mobile phone.

Chariot

Sakura Spirit - part 4b [fin]

part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4a

8DF678D63F9A47A608B1148CD734D14A7383492A

For what purpose exactly has this game 64 saveslots? I am not even sure if has that many scenes.

8CD31A47C9A511360880448BD9C1EA93EE86A7FD

Your lampshading is not funny, it makes the other stuff just more painful.

E0571A2AFC01717335E04A7DBC3EC34040629618

"DONT TAKE HIS DICK. I WANT HIS DICK!"

EEA297F24211A0B8284F9F875EC1DFC11CAC9335

"HIS DICK IS SO BIG EVEN HALF OF IT IS ENOUGH!"

AB50C1D69D37B3D4799C380F0974B5460B331628

God, these scary nipples.

B42D9BE20EF55482E974620B52FD21EE5656CD79

AHAHAHA, this scene get's me even the second time.
Apropos second time. From here on everything is the same. EVERYTHING.
No different ending it's still the kitsune sisters taking Takahiro after 2,5 years with magic back to the world and wants to ride his dick with no mention of the guardgirls. NOTHING CHANGED, they choice was merely about 5 minutes of the damn festival.

91 minutes says steam. 90 minutes with me taking screenshots and partly being disattraced to people who wants me to play Payday 2.

part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4a

Good god, it's like nobody even bothered to spellcheck or proofread the script.

The first 20 mins or so are fine, after that every 2-3 dialogue boxes have some kind of spelling errors, duplicated words, missing words or terrible grammar making it hard as hell to try and understand.

Edit. Urghhhhh. 3 dialogue boxes in a row with words than don't even make any sense, it's almost as if they used the auto-correct function on a mobile phone.
Yeah, that was terrible as well. The game isn't even that long. And they still couldn't bother to proofread.

Yeah, that was terrible as well. The game isn't even that long. And they still couldn't bother to proofread.

I'm starting to wonder if it goes beyond a simple lack of proofreading, it has to be some kind of joke. "It aren't so easy", "I aren't promising miracles", "She aren't the cold heartless captain", "It aren't a happy story" and "I aren't got the brains for magic" literally back to back during what is meant to be a touching scene.

Edit: And 100% completion in under 2 hours. Yeah, that was generally terrible. No idea why the first and last quarter of the script is fine, yet the entire middle section is barely readable. That said it's literally nothing but fanservice scene after fanservice scene, mostly all being someone taking their clothes off, or their clothes getting wet. Not worth the £5.

I hate that I kinda want this. :(

I should probably just play a real VN instead of supporting this, right?

GAF moves quickly. A friend of mine gave me the heads up when I got back from work last night. It sure is a thing.

Chariot

Chariot

I've heard good things about KS, but I wasn't sure it was for me. Maybe I'll check it out when I get home.

I appreciate the other suggestions though! Will look into all these when I can. Thanks!
I hope you share your impressions with us:)

I wouldn't call recettear a VN.
Yes, yes, that maybectechnical wrong. But in this context Shop management haggle dungeon crawl thingie with visual novel elements just sounds unhandy.

Guys, someone get Backstage Pass and report back please.
header.jpg
Only for money. Nobody wants beef with DTL.

Top Bottom