• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sales figures for Naruto:UNSR, One Piece: UWR, SAO:HF and Super Robot Wars Z

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bandai Namco’s latest financial results reveal sales numbers for some of the company’s main big releases over the past few months.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, which launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in September, sold 650,000 units worldwide.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red, which launched for PlayStation 3, Wii U, PS Vita, and 3DS in June and July (the 3DS version launched in Japan last November), sold 500,000 units worldwide.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, which launched for PS Vita in Japan in April and in North America and Europe in August, sold 400,000 units worldwide.

And finally, 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Jigoku Hen, which launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan in April, sold 400,000 units.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/sales-figures-revealed-latest-naruto-one-piece-sword-art-online-games

SAO on Vita alone sold almost as much as other games that were multis :)

Other Bandai Namco financial data here
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E79FADE4BFA1E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699_E88BB1_2.pdf

Zaku

Naruto :( It's over

To be fair, it's better to actually end it than let it just drag on infinitely.

Besides, it's Dragonball-levels of popularity. No doubt we're going to continue to see games which retell segments of the story (or maybe even a Ultimate Ninja Storm game which goes all 700 chapters) as well as spin-off games, bi-yearly movie releases, etc.

Or hell, Kishimoto might just team up with his brother to do another story to keep the workload manageable. They draw practically identically.

Not surprised by UNSR's numbers in the least. Naruto is a license to print money, and CyberConnect2 are actually a pretty amazing studio.

Hell yeah! Now we're definitely getting that Digimon Vita game and all those other Digimon games we missed!
WHY, NAMCO, WHY!?!?

charsace

I bought the oen that came out on PC last year. Its a study in how to do a toon look in video games. Great character models and a great toon shader.

nampad

Hope the SAO: HF numbers mean more Vita games but this is Scamco we are talking about, so who am I kidding?

A good Ridge Racer, Soul Calibur and Tekken please. That Pacman download title would be also nice.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Oh damn, If the story is good, I might have to bite.... Was this sold in physical form in NA?

It's closer to a hunting game than a story driven Jrpg. The story is...um...yeah...

Edit: Ot - Can't remember the exact JP sales for SAO but 400k world wide would mean roughly 50% of total sales came from outside Japan I think.

Now bring a One Piece Fighting or Brawler Game Namco !!!

I want to fight with Akainu against Whitebeard.

Just imagine...A One Piec Fighting Game, with all Characters, Cell Shadin Graphics, developed by CC2....

Awesome numbers for SAO, didn't expect it to see a digital only games in the west sell that much. How much is it's LTD in Japan?

Dugna

Just imagine...A One Piec Fighting Game, with all Characters, Cell Shadin Graphics, developed by CC2....

It also would allow ya to fight in every single fight from the beginning to current. PW1 almost did that it almost...it got cut short with Syrup village and a few other small arcs.

Wynnebeck

Banned

We've been asking for this for years. An UNS-styled One Piece fighting game would be godlike.

We've been asking for this for years. An UNS-styled One Piece fighting game would be godlike.

It also would allow ya to fight in every single fight from the beginning to current. PW1 almost did that it almost...it got cut short with Syrup village and a few other small arcs.

OP has soo many unique Characters...Just imagine all those attacks, and combos, and the possibillites the developers would have

Namco why dont you want our Money ????

vlcsnap-739772.png

Top Bottom