• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors

Sometimes frustrating. I hate how big fat guy comes through, then right when you get up general smacks you down, then when you get up, gun people shoot you, then when you get up someone does a area attack then when you get up....

aku:jiki

I really wanted to like this game, but couldn't stand it. Shitty controls, shitty camera, unfair and unbalanced and just plain annoying as fuck. Also, I hate how Koei made all the historic figures into total anime stereotypes.

MrAngryFace said:
Sometimes frustrating. I hate how big fat guy comes through, then right when you get up general smacks you down, then when you get up, gun people shoot you, then when you get up someone does a area attack then when you get up....

My thoughts exactly. Getting knocked back halfway across the room with the camera losing it focus on the enemies gets old really fast. A absolutely horrible, horrible, horrible game, I've been telling people for months not to buy it but it looks like my work is not yet done. Bomb, Bomb, BOMB you crappy game.

And I really loved DW3, played it solidly for months. DW4 I was less keen on. No improvements to basic gameplay and what they did add (the one on one duels) were horrendous. The problem is that they've gone towards more event based battles and have completely lost the feeling of a big open battlefield in favour of linear run to this event now run to the other side of the field for the next event and then back to the other side for the next one.

Dw4 rocked for ultra cheese super cool Yue Ying!

yue_ying.gif

Shouta

Samurai Warriors rocks, people are nuts!

The only things that I can heavily levy against it is the slightly lackluster scenario design in areas and the poor story mode. The stat training and ability upgrades could've been tweaked a bit more and more abilities could've been available too but that was sort of minor. The last thing is the the slightly stilted movement when attacking.

belgurdo

Banned
Shitty controls and camera? Game played fine to me and I never had trouble tracking enemies. And if enemies are getting too strong for you just clear the player data, since their stats are based on how you levelled up you are. Or just use Okuni and Keiji and clean house

Top Bottom