• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sanctum |OT| Indie FPS Tower Defense

Dizzy-4U

My layout for Map 1:

vN9t9.jpg

True, I played it on easy by myself and the enemies didn't make it half way through. Sniper at lvl 4 or 5 was great help. I will try it on normal next to see if it holds up.

Also, I noticed that it's faster to swap from sniper to ice gun and sniper again than reloading the sniper.

EDIT: Mmmmm, I think I found a better layout for Map 1:

YgT9o.jpg

Good to see this game getting a bit more attention. It's one of my favourite co-op games at the moment.

A special shout out to the soundtrack as well, which is excellent.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game is good.

Played with my brother for 4 hours straight earlier today. Had a blast.

Petrie

Banned
Add me if you feel like playing some co-op, ID: PetriesLastWord. I will no doubt suck, but we will have loads of fun!

Really glad the game has checkpoints, since it can be tough to find really long stretches of time to play. Just completed the first map on easy - really fun game and more than worth it at the price that Steam had it on sale for.

This is my first Tower Defense game and I'm having a blast, might have to try out more in the future.

Hoping to get some playtime on some weeknights. Didn't plan on playing this late otherwise I would have joined some multiplayer sessions. Hopefully the thread will stay somewhat active assuming more than a few people bought it during the sale. I'll totally be down if people are around to play some co-op this week.

Caerith

Picked up Sanctum during Steam Summer Camp and really enjoying it... up until wave 3 of Arc. Is there any way to kill Bobbleheads other than multiple perfect headshots? None of my towers seem to even scratch them, and my skill with a snipe rifle is less than legendary. They're kinda ruining the fun of this game.

Caerith said:
Picked up Sanctum during Steam Summer Camp and really enjoying it... up until wave 3 of Arc. Is there any way to kill Bobbleheads other than multiple perfect headshots? None of my towers seem to even scratch them, and my skill with a snipe rifle is less than legendary. They're kinda ruining the fun of this game.

Sanctum is a game where you really need to use everything at your disposal. Alt-fire the freeze gun and stall them long enough to snap a few sniper rounds through their heads. Alt-fire the assault rifle to lob a grenade at them as well when frozen.

Yaska

The text to speech feature is awesome, as it slows down if you hit a slowfield. In other words, upgrade a slow field to level 6 spam something on text to speech and have a blast, if building feels tad boring (at 2,5 hours rounds it kinda gets bit boring hehe)

Added Petrie, elementman, and Sarcasm to my Steam friend's list - my name there is JacksUsername. If you see me in game feel free to shoot a message - can't wait to try the co-op.

benjipwns

Banned
Caerith said:
Mortars will hurt them.

But level up the sniper rifle. You can survive Arc's first two waves with nothing but gatlings at the entrances. Once you get multiple shots per recharge they aren't as much trouble.

As mentioned, run up to them before they get to the grid, freeze and pick em off. If you have multiple sniper shots you can often get two before the freeze is gone.

Askani

I picked this up a little while ago because a friend said he wanted to play it. We just now got a chance to sit down together and go through it.

It's pretty freakin nifty. I didn't know what to expect and wasn't super pumped to try it tonight, but after a couple waves I started getting into it. Fun time. We're going to try to get in another session really soon.

Raoh

Thanks again for this post. Very cool game. I too wasn't too sure what to expect, but I must say I am very pleased.

benjipwns

Banned
If you guys want the Aftershock, Aftermath and Violator DLC for free you can sign up to IGN Prime's 30 day trial, get the Steam keys and then turn off auto-renew to automatically cancel when the 30 days is up.

Since it wasn't mentioned in the thread; a couple weeks ago they did another big free update:
Elysion%20Overrun%20Medium.png

Sanctum has just been updated with the "Elysion One Overrun!" patch which includes:

1 new map (Complex)
1 new weapon (Shotgun)
2 new towers (Holo Tower, AMP Field)
Customization System (Equip towers & weapons of choice)
Loads of fixes and changes!

Top Bottom