• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say hello to the new Lois Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 'Smallville,' that is.

durance.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0407/13/index.htm
SMALLVILLE'S LOIS LANE

Canadian actress Erica Durance has been cast as Lois Lane for the upcoming season of The WB's Smallville, sources have confirmed for The Continuum.

The Lois character will likely be in at least four episodes. In Smallville, Lois will be a college freshman who comes to town to investigate the death of her cousin, Chloe Sullvian.

Durance's television credits include Tru Calling and Andromeda.

In Andromeda, she played the Collector Amira in the fourth-season episode "Time Out of Mind," from which the accompanying image comes.
I'm sure someone on GAF knows who this is...
confused.gif

jenov4

Lois will be a college freshman who comes to town to investigate the death of her cousin, Chloe Sullvian

Wow, I haven't watched Smallville in ages, and didn't realize Chloe is now dead.

Umm, this Lois chick ain't so hot.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
I don't know why but for some reason I still had hope that she had survived that huge explosion. Damn. :(

What about Lana... is she going to be in the new season?

Thanks for the warning that there are TWO spoilers. First the topic, then the contents within the topic. Should have just listed as new cast member in Smallville or something like that. Heck, you should have spoiler tagged about Chloe too since that was more of a cliffhanger than being resolved at this point.

Mugen

Banned
Chloe is not dead... AFAIK.

And judging from that pic, she really is not hot enough. But maybe just a bad pic.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Lanas coming back from paris..dont know how they are gonna explain it. Apparently shes coming with a man on her arm so expect piles and piles of SuperAngst. Chloe is around next season, though i suppose that might just be as a corpse. Wider speculation suggests that she isnt dead though.

Not sure about this Lois actress, i guess she doesnt have to be smokin' if shes only in 4 episodes.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Who is Chloe(pic?), and isn't Lana supposed to die sooner or later?

I don't watch the show, but i would tune in to see her die.....Hopefully then Clark will quit acting like a pussy do-good-er....

calder

It's just never a good sign when you're an actor and google imagesearch draws a total blank on your name. Let's hope Erica usually looks better than that somewhat awkward angle would indicate.

Still, if they needed to up the young canadian hottie quotient of the show they couldn't have done much better than Caroline Dhavernas.
Caroline.jpg
WonderFalls3_200.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chloe and Lois are related...Clark meets Lois this early...

*bails out*

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
http://www.kryptonsite.com/ - the spoiler section
June 2004 -
The Lois character is currently planned to be in four episodes.
- Despite the reason for Lois coming to town, we do not think Chloe is gone from the show. She may be gone for a few episodes, though.
- A new possibly ongoing character is coming to Smallville. The character is Jason Teague, an American college junior who is "charming, broad-shouldered," and will definitely serve to open Lana up a little bit. The two of them meet in Paris, and he may be coming back to the "leafy little hamlet" with her. They have a great time in Europe, racing through the Alps on a motorbike, seeing the Notre Dame, and more. (Oh, and those of you who are snarking that it'll be on a Vespa and not a real motorbike - go to the head of the class!)
- Apparently Lex is going to come visit Lana in Europe. Guess that means he'll be okay ;) "I feel like I'm not the person he said goodbye to. I've changed so much," Lana says. One might even be able to gleam that over the summer Lana had developed some feelings for him.
- All indicators imply that all seven of the show's regular cast will survive the finale cliffhangers... unless, of course, they're trying to trick us! How they'll pull this off is anyone's guess!

June 30th -
The title of the episode is "Crusade."
- The episode begins "Three months later..." Someone finds something in a shield-shaped chamber in Egypt. Something is found - a statue of the Egyptian sun god Ra. Suddenly, a man steps out, wearing a white suit backlit by the sun.
- Lois is driving into town and is completely lost, trying to use OnStar (cue Product Placement Pete!) for directions. She sees a lightning strike - could it possibly be Clark? In the next scene Lois does she say she thinks he was hit by lightning.
- Lois tries to get Clark admitted into a hospital, and Lois says "There's a guy here who needs assistance." She says he has amnesia so she doesn't really know who he is. (Shouldn't the Smallville Medical folks recognize him by now?)
- Clark steps to a window and sees his reflection for what seems like his first time. As he looks, the blanket he's wearing falls, causing Lois to deadpan that he may need a gown first.
- Could these preceding scenes mean the graveside first meeting for the two could have been a sham? Maybe.
- Lex lies in a filtration chamber on a jet, we assume recovering from the poison. Outside the jet, the captain sees something. "What is it? A bird or a plane?" We don't know... we think it being Clark may be a little too obvious, so don't worry.
- Lex is traveling to Egypt; perhaps having something to do with the teaser scene. He instructs a man named Tariq to hide any evidence of him ever being there.
- The casting pages have certain bits blacked out, but we could swear we see the name "CHLOE" among the blacked-out lines... meaning it seems Chloe may be alive and well, despite the graveside service. If that is indeed Chloe, her scenes take place in the Smallville Torch at night. Chloe leaves a message on the computer that says "Please find out who did this Clark. You're the only one who can."
- Martha visits Jonathan in the hospital.
- Clark and Lois first meet as Lois is visiting Chloe's grave, in a scene that may bring back memories of Clark and Lana's first real exchange of dialogue in the Smallville pilot episode.
- For some reason plastic flowers are placed instead of real ones.

July 8th -
The role of Jason Teague has been cast, with Jensen Ackles (Dark Angel) playing the role. The Hollywood Reporter said when making the announcement that Jason is "the stubbornly independent heir to a rich Metropolis financial firm who becomes romantically involved with Lana Lang."
- Lana makes the comment to Jason, "I thought leaving Smallville would give me the answers I've been looking for. Now I think they were there all along."
- Jason makes some snark about leaving a message on his answering machine, or a note saying "We'll always have Paris." It sounds like Lana is going to be wishing Jason goodbye, which calls into question if the Powers That Be have decided to just eliminate the Jason character idea completely.
- "Haven't you ever felt like you were destined for something you had no control over?" Lana asks Jason. "That's the way I felt when I met you," he tells her.
- Lana shakes her head, and then steps to the mirror, pulls off her shirt, and stares at a tattoo on her naked back. (Not sure if Jason's still in the room for that or not. But this must be part of her "carefree new look!")
- There are eight men in red velvet coats, in a chamber illuminated by candles. Their leader, "The Seer," says "It has begun."
- The Lois and Clark graveyard scene has been moved to later in the story. Lois is visiting Chloe's grave, with the plastic flowers and all, and she tells Clark that she's glad he's passed the clothing-optional stage in their relationship. "I'm surprised you remember me at all," she tells him.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
You bastard. I haven't read any replies and I won't read your reply to this, but I officialy hate you now for spoiling that.

Chloes death is not a god damn spoiler. The episode aired ages ago, and THE HOUSE BLEW UP AFTER SHE WALKED IN. It's your ass if you didn't get around to watching/downloading the episode. One month is the grace period for spoilers.

Mugen

Banned
Is it true that Pete is gone for good? They better have a major event that happens this season or I'm not gonna watch this any longer either. Clark learning to fly or Lois Lane appearing just wouldn't cut it IMO. I want something like Lex already becoming bad and/or Lana and Clark getting together. Having this another guy for Lana just hints on the writers running out of ideas to milk on the series.

Mashing

I don't hate the show, but they should just change the premise to be more about the Luthers rather than Clark. Most of the episodes with the Luthers are quite good and John Glover is such a badass. He steals every scene he's in (which as it should be, he's the most experienced actor on the cast)

muncheese said:
Chloes death is not a god damn spoiler. The episode aired ages ago, and THE HOUSE BLEW UP AFTER SHE WALKED IN. It's your ass if you didn't get around to watching/downloading the episode. One month is the grace period for spoilers.

It is too a spoiler because you don't know the aftermath at this point. Maybe she somehow survived. That's the point of a season cliffhanger of such, you don't know if it really happened. Heck look at Alias,

At the end of the first season it looked like Will was shot and killed, when he was only tranquelized.

They do stuff like this at the end of a season or just at the end of the ep to make you wonder what happened. I saw the season finale, I saw the house blow up, what I didn't know was if she was dead or not for sure.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Mashing said:
I don't hate the show, but they should just change the premise to be more about the Luthers rather than Clark. Most of the episodes with the Luthers are quite good and John Glover is such a badass. He steals every scene he's in (which as it should be, he's the most experienced actor on the cast)

While I'll agree that John's a great contribution to the show, Michael Rosenbaum has probably been the most pleasant surprise of the series. He's shown alot of emotional range as Lex, and unlike most of the show's fairly predictable characters, his comes off as the most realistic. As the show progresses you can really see his steady gradations into the future evil Lex we all know and love. Plus he's the voice of Flash, how can you not like that?

Paradox

muncheese said:

Thats complete fucking ass. Some people are watching the show through dvd.

Im one of those people, but I luckily dled all of season 3 cause I couldent wait for the dvd release :)

mercboyz

tedtropy said:
While I'll agree that John's a great contribution to the show, Michael Rosenbaum has probably been the most pleasant surprise of the series. He's shown alot of emotional range as Lex, and unlike most of the show's fairly predictable characters, his comes off as the most realistic. As the show progresses you can really see his steady gradations into the future evil Lex we all know and love. Plus he's the voice of Flash, how can you not like that?

totally agree with you tedtropy

calder said:
It's just never a good sign when you're an actor and google imagesearch draws a total blank on your name. Let's hope Erica usually looks better than that somewhat awkward angle would indicate.

Still, if they needed to up the young canadian hottie quotient of the show they couldn't have done much better than Caroline Dhavernas.
Caroline.jpg
WonderFalls3_200.jpg

IBTN. French Canadians of my age would have been obsessing over this cutie for like, ever though. ^_^

FightyF

Banned
I thought that Caroline girl was that girl on the YTV show Radioactive.

MELISSA_GALIANOS005.JPG

Well...not too much resemblance now that you can compare pics...but this girl would be pretty good for Lois too.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Anyone else think she looks like Katie Holmes in the first pic that Spike posted? I almost thought that it was her until I read the text.

muncheese said:

How about ppl who live in countries other then America? Damn stupid americans!!

;)

aoi tsuki

jenov4 said:
Wow, I haven't watched Smallville in ages, and didn't realize Chloe is now dead.

Umm, this Lois chick ain't so hot.
Fuck, ditto. Sadly, i'll have to see what she's doing now to get my fix. Either that or download a couple of seasons of episodes. i guess Clark can only have two potential love interests at a time.

What's with the Neo Lois hate? She looks fine to me.

Suerte

This is Smallville people, you seriously think Chloe is "dead"? I bet she returns as some mutant because there was kryptonite where she "died" or something.

AirBrian

aoi tsuki said:
What's with the Neo Lois hate? She looks fine to me.
Exactly. It's not like the original Lois was "sup3r howt" or anything. They did a good job of casting someone that realistically could look like Lois Lane in the future.

JC10001 said:
Anyone else think she looks like Katie Holmes in the first pic that Spike posted? I almost thought that it was her until I read the text.

I think she looks like the awesome Gwen Raiden in that pic (i'm sure some know who she is).

RiZ III said:
So whens the season premier?
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0407/14/index.htm

SMALLVILLE UPDATE

The WB has announced that the fourth season of Smallville will begin on Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 8 p.m. (ET).

In other Smallville news, Erica Durance told The New York Post she feels "very lucky" to have landed the role of Lois Lane.

"I feel very lucky, very grateful and very excited," she said. "But I know that if I get caught up in what this means to everybody else outside, then I won't be able to focus on enjoying the actual work." Durance said that Lois Lane was alwyas her favorite female lead in comics.

"Because she was so involved," she said. "She was always so involved in everything going on -- she's a go-getter, she was really in there, quite tough and kind of a hero in her own right."

Look for more on Smallville soon here in The Continuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom