• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Girl Zombie Hunter

IbukiLordSA

An action shooting game set in the world of Onechanbara and couldn't find a thread for it, what is going on :) happy days:

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals School Girl Zombie Hunter, a new PlayStation 4 action shooting game from D3 Publisher and developer Tamsoft due out in Japan on January 12 for 6,980 yen.

The story begins when a massive zombie outbreak occurs in the prestigious Musaku High School. Isolated from the outside world, five female students left behind at the school fight with weapons in hand in order to survive. It is set in the same world as Onechanbara, and the series’ essential sexy elements are alive and well.

The five survivors include:

Risa Kubota (voiced by Saori Onishi) – Her main weapons are an assault rifle and long sword.

Sayuri Akiba (voiced by Asuka Ogame) – Her main weapons are a handgun and wooden sword.

Mayaya Himeji (voiced by Chianmi Hashimoto) – Her main weapons a sub machine gun and bat.

Enami Kamijou (voiced by Sayaka Senbongi) – Her main weapons a sniper rifle and kick techniques.

Rei Kanezaki (voiced by Kaori Ishihara) – Her main weapons a shotgun and karate.

Annna, from the Onechanbara games, will also appear. She uses drones to deliver weapons and relief supplies to the girls.

The game will also have a clothes-tear system. As zombies attack the girls, their clothes will rip and tear. If you continue to receive damage, their clothes will eventually rip down to their underwear. For some reason, zombies will react to when the girls’ clothes are removed, and that can also be used as a decoy.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/d3-publisher-announces-schoolgirl-zombie-hunter-ps4

Z2 chaos is such an underrated game on PS4, I am happy that they are able to bring out another game set in this universe, Sniper/Melee sounds like my type of character.

Z2 Chaos has some pretty fantastic combat systems, with some pretty terrible stuff surrounding it. I hope they've done some interesting things mechanically (maybe even some RE6 inspired melee stuff?) because otherwise this will be horrible

I want to know how actually different from Onechanbra this is?

Onechanbara has had exclusively gun-weilding characters before and that trailer clearly shows the girls using weapons and bats so I wonder if it could be the exact same engine.

I mean the sister character in the games ha she exact uniform and similar physical size.

this is such the ultimate marketing designed game.

They like school girls ? Zombies ? guns ? pantsu ? Melee ?

Let's do this... It look so dull and boring. They don't even have an appealing design for their chracaters or monsters...

this is such the ultimate marketing designed game.

They like school girls ? Zombies ? guns ? pantsu ? Melee ?

Let's do this... It look so dull and boring. They don't even have an appealing design for their chracaters or monsters...

It does feel like its a lazy cash grab when it comes to designs......im surprised the trailer is tame though (prefer it that way), if gameplay is interesting enough
Ill try it out. Get the feeling this will have some sort of multiplayer.

Macrotus

So I was looking up what games were released today.
I found this game which I haven't heard of and googled it.
And I was mind blown by the new trailer... I can't believe D3 were able to release this on a console lol
I've looked at the TGS trailer as well, but its nothing like it...

I'm talking about the second half of the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loqGWVUC5mM

Are all characters breathing through their skins??

They clearly spent most of their budget on the voice actresses lol

Also, holy shit at those "costumes" (skip to the end of the video) I don't even think I can post screens of that in this thread... :O

FWIW, I actually really kind of like that low polygon look. Like a PS2 game being rendered in HD.

Tohsaka

Will buy whenever XSEED localizes it. I made the mistake of importing Onechanbara, thinking it wouldn't get localized but it did very soon after I bought it.

So I was looking up what games were released today.
I found this game which I haven't heard of and googled it.
And I was mind blown by the new trailer... I can't believe D3 were able to release this on a console lol
I've looked at the TGS trailer as well, but its nothing like it...

I'm talking about the second half of the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loqGWVUC5mM

Are all characters breathing through their skins??

The irony of those first few posts thinking it was tame.

Will buy whenever XSEED localizes it. I made the mistake of importing Onechanbara, thinking it wouldn't get localized but it did very soon after I bought it.

Yeah the past few years have been crazy good for localizations I never would have thought would actually happen.

Also, the PS4 Onechanbara is good as hell (although I still need to go back and finish it)

I'm not going to lie, I'd probably buy this if it were localized. But I don't think I'd bother importing it.

Ricker

School Girl Zombie Hunter announced for localization on PS4 - late 2017 release.

RPGSite's twitter have of lot of the AnimeCon announcement

Top Bottom