• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

As with all Ryan Murphy shows, this looks great and I can't wait to watch two seasons before it devolves into crap and I suffer on for another season or two before finally giving up on it.

Don't worry, While Grimm started off fairly strong, it has in recent seasons dipped into Helix-level bad. ;)

Well, at least you didn't say Under the Dome level bad, but I'd even go as far to say there were some glaring obvious story devices that separate Helix and Grimm.

Kevin

Well, at least you didn't say Under the Dome level bad, but I'd even go as far to say there were some glaring obvious story devices that separate Helix and Grimm.

Never seen Under the Dome. Have no intention on changing that. Helix was at least sometimes fun. Grimm started off really strong with a lot of potential. I felt like it was always solid but never reached greatness. Towards the end of season 3 the show started it's downward spiral with season 4 being terrible. The levels of drama are horrid with characters constantly getting pregnant for multiple baby drama plots, etc. It's reached dumb level.

Still interested in seeing season 5 if nothing more then the monster of the week episodes I guess. Still hope the overall show improves with season 5.

CDX

This looks like it could be great.

But even if it actually is great, it's Ryan Murphy, so after a brief period of greatness it will turn into complete crap. That seems to be Ryan's pattern with TV shows.

With that said, I still think I'm going to check this out.

kingkitty

i don't bother with AHS

but i'll check out this pilot

knowing the creators, it'll totally shit the bed by season 2 or 3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Reviews:

Dan Fienberg said:
Whatever your perspective, if the idea of Glee or Popular spiked with wanton slaughter sounds appealing, Scream Queens initially should have you covered.

Variety said:
Get past the baubles, though, and the series simply feels too derivative to be truly exciting or particularly suspenseful. So while the casting and format should be enough to help Scream Queens make some initial noise ratings-wise, creatively speaking, there’s just not much here to shout about.

Las Vegas Weekly said:
Scream Queens is completely clueless about what’s actually scary, and its comedy is ugly and mean-spirited, full of hateful stereotypes and casual misogyny.

Los Angeles Times said:
In a way, "Scream Queens" is a combination of all [Murphy's previous] shows. Just not in a good way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh.

It... literally is a mash-up of Glee and American Horror Story?

Is it gonna be shitty like both of those?

Only reason to watch this is for Jamie Lee Cammy. Same as American Horror Story with Jessica Lange (now, Gaga and Matt Bomer).

I doubt it'll keep the quality if it goes insane like Glee and Nip/Tuck did.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
if they're going with sorority slasher i'd want some nudity in there.

as a basic cable show i'm envisioning a pretty tame series in all regards.

really dislike the devil costume too.

The thought of "Mean Girls" (one of my favorite movies of all time) meets "Scream" (REALLY one of my favorite movies of all time) makes my excitement reach incalculable levels...

Oh.

It... literally is a mash-up of Glee and American Horror Story?
...but this concerns me, though. I didn't like Glee or AHS. But honestly, with the Scream show (which I LOOOOOOOOVE), Ash vs Evil Dead, Rob Zombie's Trapped, Fear The Walking Dead coming/arrived, there's a lot to chew on for horror television. And I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting stuff, too.

Associate Producer. Started working on it back in March.
That's awesome! Congrats on getting the show off of the ground! :D

FoneBone

I guess I'll give the pilot a shot, but everything I read makes this sound like a combination of the worst aspects of both AHS and Glee.

Top Bottom