• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season 2 Trailer for Voltron: Legendary Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first footage of Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2 has been released: http://comicbook.com/2016/10/03/exclusive-voltron-legendary-defender-season-2-trailer-poster-and/

UPDATE: Season 2 is now set to release on January 20, 2017 on Netflix: https://twitter.com/Voltron/status/784462571294326784

The NYCC poster was also unveiled, showcasing all of the characters from Season 1.

voltron-nyccposter2016-digital2-203320.jpg

Sou Da

Voltron_fanbase_in_2016.png

h8hntla.png

Seriously though, they're really playing on expectations for Shiro to die here.

RPGCrazied

Nice. I liked it, glad to see it return so soon. I wish Netflix could get the rights to He-Man and ThunderCats. Give them a go since CN has no clue what its doing anymore.

No, but they canceled it when they rebooted it, same thing with ThunderCats. Both I thought were good. Let Netflix give it a go, at least they won't cancel mid show. It would be a complete show.

I didn't follow it much, but I remember fan opinion turning sharply against Thundercats shortly before it was cancelled

SalvaPot

Seasons 1 and 2 were both part of the first batch of episodes made for the series. Instead of waiting until the end of the year to release all the episodes, they split the batch in half and released the first half as Season 1 in June.

Makes sense. I remember watching the Ending of Season 1 and expecting it to load the next episode, realizing it was done and all I could think was "Wait, that's it?"

I am down for more, the first season exceeded my expectations.

Makes sense. I remember watching the Ending of Season 1 and expecting it to load the next episode, realizing it was done and all I could think was "Wait, that's it?"

I am down for more, the first season exceeded my expectations.

There's actually an additional explanation for that. The last episode of Season 1 was meant to end with a more conclusive scene that wasn't ready in time for the June release. As a result, the team moved that scene to the start of Season 2 instead.

Isn't this actually season 1 volume 2?! Anyway, look forward to seeing this. I liked the first season a lot even though it ended very abruptly. Best animated show I've seen since Avatar: The Last Airbender, I think.

Finaj

Isn't this actually season 1 volume 2?! Anyway, look forward to seeing this. I liked the first season a lot even though it ended very abruptly. Best animated show I've seen since Avatar: The Last Airbender, I think.

Strangely enough, this was made by the same animation studio that created Legend of Korra.

Strangely enough, this was made by the same animation studio that created Legend of Korra.

Helps that this show has Lauren Montgomery showrunning it, and she's a fantastic animation director.

Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos both worked on Avatar. On top of them and Studio Mir, a lot of the California-based Avatar/Korra team started working on Voltron once Korra was wrapping up.

Tuck

I hope it improves over season 1.

I enjoyed the first season, but I had problems with it too.

Same.

A part of it is that Voltron is a pretty lame concept, surviving only on nostalgia rather than the fact that Voltron is actually cool. The show is at its best when Voltron is not in it.

There was also a general cheesiness problem with the writing and blandness of the villains.

And the fact that half of the main cast are Avatar rip-offs is either a good or a bad thing depending on personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom