• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Level, a new series that explores a variety of video game worlds, coming to Amazon Prime video on December 10

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
SECRET LEVEL is a new adult-animated anthology series featuring original stories set within the worlds of some of the most beloved video games. From the creative minds behind LOVE, DEATH + ROBOTS, each of the 15 episodes is a celebration of games and gamers. Games that inspired the 15 epic stories include Armored Core, Concord, Crossfire, Dungeons & Dragons, Exodus, Honor of Kings, Mega Man, New World: Aeternum, PAC-MAN, various PlayStation Studios games, Sifu, Spelunky, The Outer Worlds, Unreal Tournament and Warhammer 40,000. SECRET LEVEL, arrives on Prime Video December 10.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Danjin44 Danjin44 This new Amazon Prime Video series will have an episode in the Armored Core universe. 👀

pYJg5tl.png

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Danjin44 Danjin44 🤞

Full list of episodes (all 15 drop on Dec 10):
  • Armored Core
  • Concord
  • Crossfire
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • Exodus
  • Honor of Kings
  • Mega Man
  • New World: Aeternum
  • PAC-MAN
  • PlayStation (Highlighting various PlayStation Studios beloved entities including God of War and Ghost of Tsushima)
  • Sifu
  • Spelunky
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Warhammer 40,000
YT Trailer:

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Hudo

Danjin44 Danjin44 🤞

All the IPs/Games that were included in the trailer:
  • Armored Core
  • Concord
  • Crossfire
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • Exodus
  • Honor of Kings
  • Mega Man
  • PAC-MAN
  • PlayStation (various PS Studios characters)
  • Sifu
  • Spelunky
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Warhammer 40,000
YT Trailer:

Nintendo saved themselves from being used in what will most likely turn out to be shit.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Nintendo saved themselves from being used in what will most likely turn out to be shit.
Love, Death + Robots was awesome though, plus have you watched the live Games ONL annoucement for this new TV series? Tim Miller (showrunner) was super emotional on the stage when he was talking about this new anthology gaming series.

I bet it will turn out at least decent.

Last edited:

Hudo

Love, Death + Robots was awesome though, plus have you watched the live Games ONL annoucement for this new TV series? Tim Miller (showrunner) was super emotional on the stage when he was talking about this new anthology gaming series.
I mean, I wish him all the best but after what Amazon did to Lord of the Rings, they pretty much need to prove themselves (to me) that they are able to make something that's not disrespectful, uninformed and downright ignorant of the source material.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I think Blur does Blizzard cinematics or they have their own team? Anyway is the go to company for cinematics in the industry
Yeah, they're one the top CG studios in the industry. As for gaming I know that they did the cinematics for the Halo 2 anniversary.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

what multiverse?
each of the 15 episodes is a celebration of games and gamers. Games that inspired the 15 epic stories include Armored Core, Concord, Crossfire, Dungeons & Dragons, Exodus, Honor of Kings, Mega Man, New World: Aeternum, PAC-MAN, various PlayStation Studios games, Sifu, Spelunky, The Outer Worlds, Unreal Tournament and Warhammer 40,000. SECRET LEVEL, arrives on Prime Video December 10

yurinka

Regarding PS, in the trailer there's a quick appearance of Kratos and Jin:
image.png

image.png

And apparently they wasted a bullet putting Condord there too:

So basically seperate stories?
Yes, an anthology are separate short stories, normally totally unreleated to each other but sharing a bit of the theme or setting. Which in this case seems to be "animated short films inspired by videogames".

This studio made a few chapters of the great LOVE, DEATH + ROBOTS, which was just that, an anthology of animated short films that feature love, death and/or robots.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So basically seperate stories? That sounds good, ive though theyd be mashed together with the same cast.
Based on the trailer, they are even changing artstyle just like with most anthologies.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

frieren-hug.gif

Bandai Namco is listed as one of the exhibitors at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show so maybe there's still a slim chance that something else AC might be announced this year?

Something else AC = Ace Combat. Also from Bamco lol

Fbh

Gold Member
Looks cool IMO. Love Death Robots was fun and I'm up for something similar inspired by various games.

Though It's kinda sad that this was one of the more interesting announcements at the show tbh

Danjin44 Danjin44 🤞

Full list of episodes (all 15 drop on Dec 10):
  • Armored Core
  • Concord
  • Crossfire
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • Exodus
  • Honor of Kings
  • Mega Man
  • PAC-MAN
  • PlayStation (Highlighting various PlayStation Studios beloved entities including God of War and Ghost of Tsushima)
  • Sifu
  • Spelunky
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Warhammer 40,000
YT Trailer:

LOL, so all of Playstation gets one episode but Concord gets a whole standalone one?

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Love, Death + Robots was lit as fuck so this should be cool. Lol at Concord being one of the IP's featured though, especially given PlayStation's rich history (yes, I know there is a separate PlayStation themed episode). Sony desperately wants Concord to "be something" but I'm pretty sure it will pass like a fart in the wind.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Really fuckin pumped for the Megaman episode. Not gonna lie, don't give a damn about the rest of the IP mentioned, but in for the blue bomber.

Here's hoping they use MMX rather than MegaMan, as X is more suitable for an "adult" show as they've mentioned. MegaMan Zero would also work well.

Top Bottom