• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA confirms Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for PS2 and Xbox

AirBrian

The title will be called “Super Monkey Ball Deluxe”, and will feature 300 stages, over 100 from SMB1, 140 SMB2, and 46 stages that will be exclusive to SMB Deluxe. SEGA have also confirmed that Deluxe will all feature all twelve party games from the two titles.

Confirming the release, Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Entertainment Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc said that, "Super Monkey Ball has been a fan favorite since its introduction on the Nintendo GameCube in 2001…We're pleased to finally make this unique, broadly accessible franchise available to gamers across all platforms."
Full article here

Original GAF thread here

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
OMFG ROTFLMAO TEH GAME CUBE IS TEH PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111~~

Awesome, I have to pick this one up. I'm pretty satisfied with the original SMB, but this is just too good of a deal to pass up on.

Hero said:
I wonder who'll be to blame when it doesn't sell.

It's a Sega game. No one is expecting it to sell. :p

Alcibiades

I bet they'll find a way to blame Nintendo, like maybe saying putting it on GCN first gave the series a perception that it's for kids and tainted the chances for mainstream success.

3rd party problems, time to blame Nintendo.

WarPig

B000002KHH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DFS.

efralope said:
I bet they'll find a way to blame Nintendo, like maybe saying putting it on GCN first gave the series a perception that it's for kids and tainted the chances for mainstream success.

Now that's reaching

Redbeard

Banned
efralope said:

Hey, that's pretty good!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Super monkey ball 1 is one of my favorite games, I want details on the multiplayer games. I wonder if monkey flight 1 is even included since they could just include 2 and "leave it at that" which would suck since monkey flight 2 sucks my balls.

If the extra levels are more in the vein of SMB than SMB2 then I am definately interested in this package :D though for Xbox, I can't stand PS2 analog sticks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
awesome.. I really liked this game at the arcade..

of course, Im part of the problem.. why buy this at 30 bucks when we all know it will be 15 or less within 6 months? Ive allready waiting 2 years.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
efralope said:

Absolutely Pathetic

holy crap, what the hell did I miss?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jarrod said:
How about PSP & DS ports? They'd make more sense actually...

Stylus controls + Super Monkey Ball precision would probably give me hand spasms after 15 mins. :p

Don't think the PSP would fare much better with that tiny analogue stick either though.

evil ways

efralope said:

cry.gif

040310Bertuzzi_vmed_7p.vmedium.jpg

jarrod

Banned
Kiriku said:
Stylus controls + Super Monkey Ball precision would probably give me hand spasms after 15 mins. :p
Evidently Namco got it right with Pac'n Roll...

Kiriku said:
Don't think the PSP would fare much better with that tiny analogue stick either though.
The analog "nub" is suppossedly great as well... I just wish PSP had 2 of them. :(

Acrylamid

Super Monkey Ball has been a fan favorite since its introduction on the Nintendo GameCube in 2001…We're pleased to finally make this unique, broadly accessible franchise available to gamers across all platforms
translated:
"Thank you, Nintendo fans, for buying 2 games for $49 each.
Thanks to your efforts, XBox and PS2 users will be able to buy both on one disc for $29.
Oh, by the way, we give them a few extra levels you won't have a chance to play ... unless you buy another console and the game - could you do this, please?"

Sho Nuff

Banned
~MAGICAL SPELL IS EI-EI-PU!!!

Seriously, the cutscenes in the second game are beyond awesome. I like how they have multiple intonations for the monkeys saying "Muki muki muki"

sasimirobot

Is there a Gamecube joystick adapter for Xbox or PS2? No really... This game just seems to me to fit the GCN controller perfectly.

<dum dam duum music>Que hate </dum dam duum music>

8bit

Knows the Score
Screens at magic box, as well as a list of minigames:

* Monkey Race DX
* Monkey Fighting Spirits DX
* Monkey Target DX
* Monkey Billiard DX
* Monkey Bore DX(Bowling?)
* Monkey Golf DX
* Monkey Boat
* Monkey Shot
* Monkey Dog Fight Spirits
* Monkey Futsal(Football?)
* Monkey Baseball
* Monkey Tennis

I'm a bit curious about the DX suffix. Has Monkey Target changed again?

smbdx6.jpg

sasimirobot said:
Is there a Gamecube joystick adapter for Xbox or PS2? No really... This game just seems to me to fit the GCN controller perfectly.

<dum dam duum music>Que hate </dum dam duum music>

Well, until the game's released, I don't see how you can dismiss the potential for the other controllers' usability with the game. Though, the DS sticks are way too loose for me to think they'd be better than the XBOX ones. Guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Top Bottom