• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Naomi 3 Specs revealed ?

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
- Dual Core Renesas SH-6 processor running at 2GHz Risc each
- PowerVR Series 5 GPU featuring 24 pixel pipelines running at 800 Mhz
- 2 GB RAM for CPU
- 512 MB of RAM for GPU
- 64 MB of Ram for Sound
- Yamaha 256 3D channels, dolby 7.1 Sound chip
- 60GB HDD
- Broadband
- Rom based media (DVD optional)

The machine will be inveiled on the 2nd of September 2004

Virtua Fighter 5 and Daytona 2005 will launch the system in January 2005

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=381828#post381828

Hmmm...unless EA and Sega have worked out a deal for the use of the NASCAR license, I don't think we're going to see a new Daytona for while.

GigaDrive

Banned
don't care about the specs. just please let Daytona 2005 be true. i pray it doesnt turn out like the Daytona 2003 rumor from a few years ago.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
thought these were proven false a couple of weeks ago? I don't get 7.1 sound for an arcade unit. Assuming there'd be an arcade full of sound flooding the room already... just doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort.

BeOnEdge

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Hmmm...unless EA and Sega have worked out a deal for the use of the NASCAR license, I don't think we're going to see a new Daytona for while.

EA has nothing to do with it. hasbro had the liscence for the COURSE and thats the only tie to "daytona" that the game has. thats why the home version was copublished by hasbro interacticve.

GigaDrive said:
don't care about the specs. just please let Daytona 2005 be true. i pray it doesnt turn out like the Daytona 2003 rumor from a few years ago.

I still can't believe people fell for that; it was beyond amateurishly bad.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
FortNinety said:
I still can't believe people fell for that; it was beyond amateurishly bad.

you talking about the arcade hack?

IJoel

Fleming said:
- Dual Core Renesas SH-6 processor running at 2GHz Risc each
- PowerVR Series 5 GPU featuring 24 pixel pipelines running at 800 Mhz
- 2 GB RAM for CPU
- 512 MB of RAM for GPU
- 64 MB of Ram for Sound
- Yamaha 256 3D channels, dolby 7.1 Sound chip
- 60GB HDD
- Broadband
- Rom based media (DVD optional)

The machine will be inveiled on the 2nd of September 2004

Virtua Fighter 5 and Daytona 2005 will launch the system in January 2005

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=381828#post381828

I smell fake.

2GB RAM for the CPU!? WTF?
24 Pipelines seems next-gen, so I guess it could be true. X800XT and 6800 currently uses 16. Leaked Xenon specs point to 24 as well.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
IJoel said:
I smell fake.

2GB RAM for the CPU!? WTF?
24 Pipelines seems next-gen, so I guess it could be true. X800XT and 6800 currently uses 16. Leaked Xenon specs point to 24 as well.

No way in hell Xenon will have 24.

Shinobi

BeOnEdge said:
EA has nothing to do with it. hasbro had the liscence for the COURSE and thats the only tie to "daytona" that the game has. thats why the home version was copublished by hasbro interacticve.

Emphasis on "had"...Hasbro was one of three publishers that had the NASCAR license in 2001 (EA and Sierra being the other two) which includes the Daytona license, and since Sierra doesn't publish console games and Sega and EA aren't exactly best buds, Hasbro published the game.

That's all changed now...just over a year ago EA made a deal to become the sole owner of the NASCAR license in gaming, which I imagine extends to the arcade side as well. So if Sega wants to release a game named Daytona, they're gonna have to go through EA. It's as simple as that.

Top Bottom