• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally 3 supposedly coming next year

This site seems to think so. No real release from Sega's PR within this story,just inside sources and abit of fanboy speculation, bleh.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/news.php?id=991

PCS NEWS
SEGA RALLY 3, COMING SOON in 2005!

Nearly every Sega fan and gaming pundit knows that when it comes to arcade racing games no one can do it better than SEGA. When it comes to identifying one of the greatest arcade racing titles in the world then no doubt the Sega Rally series is a top candidate. Now thanks to our resources we can assure you this piece of information of a title that is scheduled for release in all Japanese arcades, so get your pen and pad ready everyone and write this down:

SEGA RALLY 3 - TBA SPRING ‘05

What board this eagerly awaited game will be released on is currently unknown, but so far Sega has been happy with the Chihiro (Xbox) board and it is known that this game is going to have a serious online world battle ranking (Yes, this game will be made for the worldwide audience in mind).

One things that Sega is known for is their use of Sega’s flagship arcade titles to pioneer the launch of new gaming cabinets, so could you imagine the intensity of this game on the Chihiro or a next generation arcade board? Let’s wait and see because either way what ever board this game will be released upon - and if Outrun 2 is anything to go by - just be prepared to be blown away!

It's been a few months since this rumor popped up again. They got me to believe it the first 5 or so times, not this time though. :) I'll believe it when Sega actually confirmed it.

So this one has made the rounds,I never knew that. Sorry about getting your hopes up. Maybe I should retitle the thread. I want this game too.

No this rumor is new, it's just that it's really common now that SR3 rumors pop up. This one could be true but you never know.

Some time ago-didn't Sega comment that it was in development? I could have sworn they said something. I hate this cat and mouse game,just please make the fans content by announcing that its coming next year,or if not then just flat out say no.

PS2 or Xbox is fine by me too,I want my online play with it so those two are my top choices.
Though if anything the game will probably stay in the arcades for awhile before coming home. Who knows,by the time it releases the next gen consoles such as Xenon might arrive in time for a port/enhanced version.

Last year there was a rumor that the game was actually complete and the arcade version would be shipping early this year with a PS2 version to follow sometime later complete with online play. I don't think we'll see it till next gen at this point.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Those other, older rumors of SEGA Rally 3 that kept cropping up were based on misinformation from the arcade operator's union who knows matters of game distribution but not game development. It was very unreliable, yet console advocates ran with it and then managed to twist it into speculation that its lead release would even be for home machines.

There's a lot more to this new speculation here than there was for the old.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lazy8s said:
Those other, older rumors of SEGA Rally 3 that kept cropping up were based on misinformation from the arcade operator's union who knows matters of game distribution but not game development. It was very unreliable, yet console advocates ran with it and then managed to twist it into speculation that its lead release would even be for home machines.

There's a lot more to this new speculation here than there was for the old.

damnit, i'm getting excited... again :(

op_ivy said:
damnit, i'm getting excited... again :(

Don't be, come Spring 2005 there will still be no sign of the game and then the next rumor for the game will pop up. SR3 is turning into Lunar 3 at this point.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Don't be, come Spring 2005 there will still be no sign of the game and then the next rumor for the game will pop up. SR3 is turning into Lunar 3 at this point.
Naw, Sega Rally 3 at least has a slight chance of being made. :p

WarPig

It'd be just like Sega to do this, though, now that the market's good and choked with rally games already ^_^

DFS.

doncale

Banned
Sega Rally 3 / Sega Rally Championship 3 really needs to be on a new arcade board. not on Chihiro or System 246/258.

either the same board as Virtua Fighter 5 (assumed to be based on PowerVR Series 5 )

or a nextgen arcade board based on one of the nextgen consoles, probably either Xenon/Xbox2 (Chihiro 2?) or Playstation3.

Yep, and I have been saying this for a year now. Sega's big titles should be held back for the next generation hardware to make the biggest impact. Besides, there are a lot of rally games out there now and it would take something great to stand out. Those rally games don't even sell that well to boot, no matter how good they are. Sega Rally 3, if hyped right, could be THE rally game to buy, instead of being released now, and risk being just another rally game in the stable. Which would do nothing to help Sega's image of "just another third party".

Top Bottom