• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega SS (PS2) Direct Feed Vids, inc. NiGHTS...

Kikizo has posted its direct feed videos from Sega SuperStars, so now you can check out what the deal is with the SSS versions of games like NiGHTS that are included (along with most of the others).

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200410/052.asp

New screens too. SuperStars is really cool. Anyone who says otherwise in this thread will DIE.

Sega SuperStars: Hi-Res Video Blowout

While we're busy deciding how much we like SuperStars, why not enjoy this comprehensive video line-up, including the likes of NiGHTS? New screens too.

Nobody quite seemed sure about what to make of Sega SuperStars when it was announced before E3 earlier this year - but after several playtests since May this year, including the opportunity for several in-depth sessions before last month's Tokyo Game Show, we were pretty sure we'd be sold on SuperStars.

But before we deliver our final verdict, there of course has to be some Kikizo video action. Now while many of you might just want to check out one or two vids, we realise plenty of you can quite happily stomach a dosage of Sega obsession - despite the obvious drawback of Kikizo staff featuring in the vids.

Not to worry though, as the twelve games inside SuperStars are as interesting and amusing to watch as they are to play - so we've taken the high risk of looking like absolute bell ends just to show you how good the game is.

Naturally you'll want to check out the previously unseen-in-motion stuff like NiGHTS - (Yay - NiGHTS running on PS2! Boo - not a proper sequel) and the technically innovative things like PuyoPop are definitely worth checking out. And don't tell us you're not curious to see how Virtua Fighter or Virtua Striker work. Just get downloading basically.

As with any game that actually runs at higher frame rates from now on, we've made these videos 60fps at our usual 640x480, so you get a much better idea of the quality of the game. But as always, we would stress that performance is often better on more capable PCs, and upgrading to Windows Media Player 10 often helps as well.

Stay tuned for our verdict, enjoy these vids, and forgive our spazzy play style.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Any game with the monkey from Samba De Amigo I must play.

I will follow that man even into the deepest, darkest depths of hell, because he is my brother.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hey Nights looks pretty cool, actually. Control system seems to work when you watch the video, I just hope it really does.

Ryck

Dsal said:
Any game with the monkey from Samba De Amigo I must play.

I will follow that man even into the deepest, darkest depths of hell, because he is my brother.
lol ...wtf :D, I spilt water on the keyboard thanks to that comment....

nitewulf said:
yeah? well i hope naka stays faaaaaar away from it.

Perhaps... Anyway we should really keep this more on topic ;-)

Um, yeah, SuperStars... anyone else look at the vids and think "actually it looks pretty cool!" - you'd be right -- check our Space Channel 5 & Samba as well!

Annoyingly SMB was the only good bit Kikizo hasn't been able to show - a shame since that's really cool too.

Anyone else see the PoyoPop vid? It reminds me of this bad dream I had, where psychadelic beans were falling on me and I had to sort them into the appropriate bins... Now I know Nyquil doesn't mix with Vicadin.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Journalists have been making vague "OH JUST WAIT, THERE WILL BE A NIGHTS 2" references for the last how many years? I won't hold my breath.

Good god those games look lame. Nights excluded.

Sho Nuff said:
Journalists have been making vague "OH JUST WAIT, THERE WILL BE A NIGHTS 2" references for the last how many years? I won't hold my breath.

Good god those games look lame. Nights excluded.

I am not going to argue with you after your godly VF2 sega ages comparisons (seriously).

However, the Nights situation might be different now. There have been a lot of changes lately remember. I am just saying, you never know- sort of.

nitewulf

puny screen and puny speakers? no thanx. nights needs to be played on big screen w/surround and crystal clear treble.

Rlan

Since you seem to be in the know about the game Kyoto, could you answer a few questions about this current build?

- I've noticed that there have only been two levels of NiGHTS shown, Spring Valley and Twin Seeds, are there any more levels? At least there should be half of the Saturn levels, surely :(

- How many songs are in Samba De Amigo and Space Channel 5? Both games could easily have full sets of Songs, but I'm assuming we're pretty limited?

- How the hell does the Crazy taxi game work?

- How many levels of Billy Hatcher?

- How far do the Sonic, Virtua Fighter, HotD and Virtua Striker games go? I've never really played an EyeToy game, but these look like they'd be incredibly short. Do they simply just keep getting harder and harder? How many characters do you play through in VF?

jarrod said:
NiGHTS DX for PSP and/or DS please Sega.

Handhelds would plain suck, if they would take away all the great franchises from consoles. You seem to wish something like that to happen all the time, but sorry, this is just retarded. My opinion. If a NiGHTS sequel/remake would happen, it should be on a console and not on a gimmickly handheld.

bitwise

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Handhelds would plain suck, if they would take away all the great franchises from consoles. You seem to wish something like that to happen all the time, but sorry, this is just retarded. My opinion. If a NiGHTS sequel/remake would happen, it should be on a console and not on a gimmickly handheld.

what about a just a port of the original? I would be interested in that on a handheld, but not a console.

bitwise said:
what about a just a port of the original? I would be interested in that on a handheld, but not a console.

Why? What would be the point to shrink this great game to "fast food" for hasty handheld gamers instead of enjoying it's full greatness on your couch in full resolution? I would take a budget console port á la 3D Ages anytime over an 35$/€ handheld port. The NiGHTS download from PSO to GBA was such an idiotic idea...

jarrod

Banned
nitewulf said:
puny screen and puny speakers? no thanx. nights needs to be played on big screen w/surround and crystal clear treble.
Well, a handheld release would likely take way less in terms of resources, and a DX release would be a good way to gauge the potential of a full blown sequel. Doing NiGHTS on DS could be interesting too, the touch screen could add a whole new drawing dynamic to the path based flying mechanics. If you want to play NiGHTS on a console, you already can anyway.

Oh and buy some headphones. ;)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
just make a remake of nights that looksl ike the eye toy one and ill be happy

it just has to run at 60fps....thats all i ask of you.

Top Bottom