• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega To Build $136m Arcade Center!!!

But Sega has lots of sizable "arcades" in a few locations. Joyopolis has been around for a while. I'll be honest, I'm just not going to read that article.

Hotsuma

JC10001 said:
Boy... Sega sure loves to throw away money.

Doesn't Sega actually make money off of their arcade investements in Japan? Sammy's Pachinko machines would probably be included in the amusement center also.

Hotsuma said:
Doesn't Sega actually make money off of their arcade investements in Japan? Sammy's Pachinko machines would probably be included in the amusement center also.
Sega's doomed until they get back in the hardware business where they belong.

BuddyChrist83 said:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
???? My passion wholly remains with Sega coming back to the hardware market and kicking every goddamn person in the nuts. In fact, that would be a great new arcade game.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Hotsuma said:

They will probably get most of their money from Pachinko, yes. But $136,000,000 is a huge investment for just 1 arcade. They certainly aren't going to be seeing gains for a while.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
BuddyChrist83 said:
No no, this is an arcade - not Shenmue.

rollroll2.gif

Oh and all the Joypolises have been shutdown :(

Andy787

Banned
evilromero said:
???? My passion wholly remains with Sega coming back to the hardware market and kicking every goddamn person in the nuts. In fact, that would be a great new arcade game.
I would buy that game.

Deg

Banned
i bet you SEGA will find some way to mess things up further for themselves. I hope not personally.

isamu said:
rollroll2.gif

That's strange. I could've sworn I was at one not one month ago in Tokyo. And I was by another one in Osaka not long before that. Hmmm. Did something happen while I was gone for like three weeks?

BuddyC

evilromero said:
Trust me, I'd love nothing more than to see Sega merge back into the hardware industry and kick the shit out of everyone else. But let's be honest, I mean, hardware is the market that drove Sega to where they are today.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
isamu said:
rollroll2.gif

Unless it happened in the last few weeks, then this isn't true. I was at Joypolis Sega in Odaiba and have pics to prove it.

And there are Club Segas EVERYWHERE.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
MetatronM said:
Unless it happened in the last few weeks, then this isn't true. I was at Joypolis Sega in Odaiba and have pics to prove it.

And there are Club Segas EVERYWHERE.

I don't think you are correct Mata. I was that same one yesterday as they tore it down and proceeded to build a Walmart.

The first thing on sale in the new Walmart were toy Hornets

Shinobi

Hotsuma said:
Doesn't Sega actually make money off of their arcade investements in Japan?

The only company that's figured out how...every other company is either losing money or got the fuck out of the business. Not bad for a company run by monkeys.

Top Bottom