• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega's Football Manager 2005

Kon Tiki

Banned
Formerly Championship Manager. Sega now publishes it along with EastSide Hockey Manger. If you are into sports sims, SI's games are the best.

I was quite suprised that Sega got the SI deal. You would have thought that the developers of the hugely popular Champ Manager series they would have been fighting off the big boys.

Andy787

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
I was quite suprised that Sega got the SI deal. You would have thought that the developers of the hugely popular Champ Manager series they would have been fighting off the big boys.
I'm more surprised because I didn't think Sega was smart enough to get that deal. :p

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sega is perfect for SI, they are big enough to give SI the money for cool stuff like the MLS license and the rights to put players faces in the game, and most importantly to publish and market the game world wide, but they arent so big that they'd end up buying SI out if they do a good job.

Comes out 5th of November (w00t)

Is that the sheep dog commercial? yeah thats awesome.

Hermit

The Championship Manager games are among the best games ever made and Football Manager 2005 is no exception in that. I'm currently stuck on the FM05 demo, sheer class. Faster saving, loading and generating, even more detail, etc. Must buy.

Sega really need to hammer home that this is the game from the actual makers of CM though. It'll help that the next CM from Eidos has been delayed.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Sega really need to hammer home that this is the game from the actual makers of CM though. It'll help that the next CM from Eidos has been delayed.

Well all the ad's I've seen have mentioned that SI are the creators of the legendary Championship Manager series.

Tbh I think FM2005 has won already CM5 won't be out this year and by then it will be too late. Good stuff to

jarrod

Banned
I'm actually a little surprised Sega didn't ever try to bring the Soccer Tsukurou games over to Europe. You'd think those would be huge sellers, and they're actually Sega games. :/

pilonv1

It's also mainly involving Sega of Europe who probably don't care about Sega Sports anyway. Anyway it rates as the best decision by Sega in 2-3 years.

Top Bottom