• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town coming west on October 24 for Switch, PC (LRG will handle the physical edition)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
GT5C8NNaIAAJ9Si

Via Gematsu

Publisher Neos and developer h.a.n.d. will release Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town for Switch and PC via Steam on October 24 worldwide, the companies announced (2). The Switch version will cost $39.99 / €39.99 and the PC version will cost $29.99 / €29.99. The PC version will also be available at a launch discount price of $26.99 / €26.99 until November 7.

Additionally, a bundle containing both Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town and the previously released Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey will be available for Switch for $49.99 / €49.99 and for PC for $39.99 / €39.99.

Limited Run Games will also release a physical edition of Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town for Switch in the United States and Europe, which will be available for pre-order via the Limited Run Games online store for a limited time this fall.

The Switch version of Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town will support English, Spanish, German, and Japanese text languages, as well as Japanese audio. The PC version will support English, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese text languages, and Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Cantonese audio.

Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town first launched for Switch on February 22 in Japan, followed by May 2 in Asia.

Impotaku

It's a great game but be aware it doesn't play exactly like a bokunatsu game like the first one did you are more going around grabbing ingredients tp make stuff using the invention in coal town towards the end there's some tedious grinding for rare items to build the last few things but for the most part it is a fun game.

Also not shin chan related but Natsumon is getting a english release in a few days, that one i enjoyed way more it's basically an open world bokunatsu game the island is beautiful & fun to explore.

IAmRei

I think this will be great adventure games. Played the first and love it. Waiting for natsumon, and this coal will be good as well i think

I wasn't interested in this until I saw the trailer. The visual style is what sold me. The game reminds me of this 3DS game called Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale which I loved. So I'm down for this

Reactions: Isa

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I wasn't interested in this until I saw the trailer. The visual style is what sold me. The game reminds me of this 3DS game called Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale which I loved. So I'm down for this
Okay, but make sure to like (love react) and subscribe if you want to see similar game recommendations n the future. :p

Last edited:

kiphalfton

So is American Shin Chan different or something. Because that would be like a rated T game at the very least (if not rated M).

Isa

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure I've got this already digitally and it sure is pretty and relaxing.

nial

Yeah I just did that 👀

I reccomand that game I mentioned previously

It's a short fun game

It's developed by Millennium Kitchen, which also made the previous Shin-chan game, and Natsu-Mon which was posted above. All of them follow the same style of the iconic SIE franchise, Boku no Natsuyasumi, which has been sadly dead since 2010 (or 2009 if you don't want to count a PSP port of the PS2 game as something new); a new mobile game in the series was announced in 2016, but it was never released.

Last edited:

Impotaku

In the past it was rare to even get one of these games during a systems lifetime the PSP up till recently held the record of getting 3 of them(1 original 2 remasters). The fact that switch got 3 of these style of games in such a short span of time is crazy let alone all of them are now going to be in english. While i have them all as jpn physicals i will pick up the western translation of coal town to go with the first game, sadly natsumon will not be getting a physical release they confirmed digital only for the west which sucks unnless one of the limited companies can convince to let them release one. I hate the fact attack of the friday monsters is digital only as now the only way to play if you never got it originally is piracy and proof why digital sucks ass.

Would love to see all the boku games re-released so they are not trapped on older systems especially 4 as it's one of my favourites and deserves not been trapped on a tiny screen. But in the meantime i will contine to keep supporting the fuck out of whatever releases they put out. People complain that they have abondoned the bokunatsu series and shit on these spinoffs because of it but the reality is i'd rather have this series in any form than none at all and only been able to replay the last 4 endlessly. I have played natsumon for over 60 hours and love the hell out of it if you can get over the storybook style artstyle it literally is the next evolution of the bokunatsu series. I hope they keep making these games even if they don't keep doing shin chan or even something around natsumon but i'm hoping the natsumon 3D open world is revisited as it's amazing.
q9n0lRF.jpg

Hoping limited run do some form of special edition for the western release of coal town the japanese version was pretty good, i mainly grabbed it for those artbooks as that watercolour art from these games is divine.
uhUsjWd.jpg

WkPQltH.jpg

I25B7bg.jpg

O4hVaVJ.jpg

lgrozqz.jpg

Celine

It's a great game but be aware it doesn't play exactly like a bokunatsu game like the first one did you are more going around grabbing ingredients tp make stuff using the invention in coal town towards the end there's some tedious grinding for rare items to build the last few things but for the most part it is a fun game.

Also not shin chan related but Natsumon is getting a english release in a few days, that one i enjoyed way more it's basically an open world bokunatsu game the island is beautiful & fun to explore.

Between the first Shin Chan and Natsumon what would you reccomend?

dave_d

So is American Shin Chan different or something. Because that would be like a rated T game at the very least (if not rated M).
I'm wondering that too. I mean the US version was "translated" by Williams Street and it was definitely T or higher. (Not that I'm complaining, I liked Shin Chan on Cartoon network)

Impotaku

Between the first Shin Chan and Natsumon what would you reccomend?
Def Natsumon first however if you can afford both as they are both worth picking up. The town in shinchan bokunatsu is a lot smaller than the island in Natsumon. However there is a demo of Natsumon on the eshop so you can try it out and decide, I spent hours walking and climbing and eventually gliding around that beautiful rural island.

Rikku-X

Def Natsumon first however if you can afford both as they are both worth picking up. The town in shinchan bokunatsu is a lot smaller than the island in Natsumon. However there is a demo of Natsumon on the eshop so you can try it out and decide, I spent hours walking and climbing and eventually gliding around that beautiful rural island.
It says English language not supported for Natsu-Mon. But the screenshots are in english what up with that?

Impotaku

It says English language not supported for Natsu-Mon. But the screenshots are in english what up with that?
No idea, going to guess they screwed up the game info on the eshop. Just checked Nintendo’s uk eshop website listing says Japanese & English on there

Last edited:
Top Bottom