• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

My copy is on the UPS truck and it's arrival at my doorstep is imminent. I definitely only took the day off of work today because I'm sick, it had absolutely nothing to do with SMT IV coming this morning.

If someone could clip out Cu Chulainn (if he is not already taken) and put the Ryan Davis ribbon in there somewhere, I would forever be indebted to you.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm snagging CuChulainn!

Hmm...I need to clean it up a bit apparently. Anyone better at that than me?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I'm good now!

Soulhouf

Vishnu hasn't been taken yet?
Then I am in luck.
Usually I don't change my avatar but I will make an exception this time for a limited amount of time.

3V7v0kB.png

Omg. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
New title is nice! Come on Atlus, get your EU shit together

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is there a feature that alters stats and magic the MC gets in this like how magatamas worked in SMT3?

Basically once a demon has learned all it's skills, you can pick and choose which ones you'd want from it's list. And if you already have Bufu, for example and you get another copy, it becomes Bufu+1.

Grabbed this thing. Don't know what it is, but it's cute.

Hua Po. She's awesome!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
3DS is the only non pc game system that I've been buying tons of games for these days. I've given precedence to RPG games, but I almost feel guilty that I still want a lot of the other non-rpg 3DS games. So with FE, PXZ and EOIV still near the beginning, I would feel even more guilty if I purchased this along with Dream Team.

3DS is turning into the premier jrpg game system, but I can't break and I buy this.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hah this game seems like it's going to be a lot harder than Nocturne. The training mission kicked my ass.

Any tips for demon negotiation?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
3DS is turning into the premier jrpg game system, but I can't break and I buy this.

Do it. This way you get the sweet limited edition before stocks are out. And this is, the best RPG I've played on the system (out of FE:A, EOIV and Soul Hackers), and I played some OUTSTANDING jRPGs on it.

ys45

I'm sure this has been asked before but how is the difficulty ?
I heard it was pretty brutal (hence the OT title :p) .

^Actually I heard it was easier than Nocturne and Strange Journey

I cant BELIEVE I missed Cu Chulainn by like seconds, he is like my main demon. Anyone know who is even left? If not, I am ok with keeping my Shadow Maya avatar.

Ourobolus

Banned

I cant BELIEVE I missed Cu Chulainn by like seconds, he is like my main demon. Anyone know who is even left? If not, I am ok with keeping my Shadow Maya avatar.

Sorry bud. I was shooting for White Rider and Tam Lin, but they were nabbed first :/

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm sure this has been asked before but how is the difficulty ?
I heard it was pretty brutal (hence the OT title :p) .

It's brutal. Even enemies from the first floor of the opening dungeon can still wipe out my level 15 team if I am not careful and they end up nailing a weakness. Bosses tend to do metric tons of damage and literally, some encounters are unannounced and make you go up against monsters that one shot anything in your team.

It's a manly game for sure.

You could always just color the armor green and get Tam Lin.

zroid

Banned
I'm only 18 hours into Persona 4. Where am I going to find time to play this....

(I also have to play Fire Emblem)

I'm 10 hours into Persona 4, and 200 hours into Animal Crossing. So in other words, I'm just scratching the surface of both. :(

Still, I will force myself to start this game soon, even if it means playing 3+ things simultaneously.

Top Bottom