• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shkreli trying to eBay that exclusive Wu Tang album

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
eBay

$_1.JPG

This is the one and only Wu-Tang album.

I decided to purchase this album as a gift to the Wu-Tang Clan for their tremendous musical output. Instead I received scorn from at least one of their (least-intelligent) members, and the world at large failed to see my purpose of putting a serious value behind music. I will be curious to see if the world values music nearly as much as I have. I have donated to many rock bands and rappers over the years to ensure they can continue to produce their art when few others would.

At any time I may cancel this sale and I may even break this album in frustration. I will donate half of the sale proceeds to medical research. I am not selling to raise cash--my companies and I have record amounts of cash on hand. I hope someone with a bigger heart for music can be found for this one-of-a-kind piece and makes it available for the world to hear.

Martin Shkreli

Upon sale, I will represent & warranty any copies of the music I have will be destroyed. I have not carefully listened to the album, which is a double CD. There is also a finely crafted booklet which you can read about elsewhere. I will pay legal expenses for the buyer up to $25,000 to ensure the final purchase details are mutually agreeable.

TheMan

Lol, sounds like a parody

Also surprised WTC agreed to make the album in the first place. CREAM I guess.

Q: Please would you clarify (a) what you mean by "I have not carefully listened to the album" and (b)
A: I put it on 'in the background' when some friends were over. No one was paying attention.

What kind of assbag wants to be friends with Shkreli? Ohh.. the kind who doesn't want to pay attention to a one-of-a-kind album

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Lol, sounds like a parody

Also surprised WTC agreed to make the album in the first place. CREAM I guess.
It wasn't made in the traditional sense..

Cilvarings .. D level producer - put it together over the years .. collecting rhymes from members at various points in time .. they didn't know their rhymes would be used for this album
the original thought was to release it to the fans for free

Somehow greed got the best of him or he didn't want to see all the work he put into it just be given out and shared for free - so he came up with this idea of only having one copy

Galang

Banned
Lol. He completely misses the point of music. A mess at him still trying to defend himself. His big heart and appreciation for music is lost on everyone else I guess

Ebay buyer protection.

Some one buy it and file a claim of never getting it after getting it.

EDIT: huh? So he won´t ship it but instead destroy it. And will donate HALF of it? Please kill yourself.

shandy706

A legal agreement with the purchaser states it cannot be commercially exploited until 2103, although it can be released for free or played during listening parties.

Uhhhh....so what about the above??

That was part of the agreement when he bought it.

Edit* Wait "commercially exploited".....nevermind, read that as not being sold at all. I suppose the "commercial" side of it would still stand.

Ploid 3.0

Dude, since when are people with a shitton of money ever really going to jail.

This is what I was just about to say pretty much. He has money, unless he screw over more powerful/wealthy people he's probably not going to any jail.

TheMan

Schattenjäger;248099078 said:
It wasn't made in the traditional sense..

Cilvarings .. D level producer - put it together over the years .. collecting rhymes from members at various points in time .. they didn't know their rhymes would be used for this album
the original thought was to release it to the fans for free

Somehow greed got the best of him or he didn't want to see all the work he put into it just be given out and shared for free - so he came up with this idea of only having one copy

Oh wow, that's interesting. Sneaky as fuck

Q: Please would you clarify (a) what you mean by "I have not carefully listened to the album" and (b)
A: I put it on 'in the background' when some friends were over. No one was paying attention.

This guy may be an asshole but he is genuinely funny. XD

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Yes but the judge sentencing him said it's going to be light because he's been an updating citizen besides his fraud.

"Aside from the crime, you're a great and very rich good man and I love you, buddy."

Fuck our legal system so much.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
It's Cilvaringz produced, so it's indeed garbage.

I have a friend that has deep hatred for Cilvaringz because he bought a mixtape from him like 15 years ago and he never actually mailed it to him.
Supposedly he managed to capture the gritty sound of the early 90s
Of the little I heard - the beats weren't bad ..
one of my fav wu extended family tracks is produced by cilvarings - Guerilla Hood

Schattenjäger;248102369 said:
one of my fav wu extended family tracks is produced by cilvarings - Guerilla Hood
Yup.

KingV

Schattenjäger;248102369 said:

He always just sounds like some dude trying to imitate the Rza on 36 chambers to me. Like, it's fine, I guess, but I have who knows how many albums and b-sides from the real deal and true affiliates. I don't really NEED a pale imitation of 36 chambers with phoned in mercenary verses.

I guarantee the emcee list on 90% of the album looks like this: CilvAringz, some dude from Holland who nobody has ever heard of rapping completely in Dutch, Don Pachino's little cousin, Pop the Brown Hornet, and 4 bars from the least successful of the 9 Generals at the time the song recorded (probably heavy features U-God from when he was driving cabs).

The only non-Rza production I think I would be interested in on an entire Wu album is Mathematics or 4th disciple.

Edit: unfortunately wasn't able to find that song on Spotify, but will find it onyoutube later and give it a listen.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
He always just sounds like some dude trying to imitate the Rza on 36 chambers to me. Like, it's fine, I guess, but I have who knows how many albums and b-sides from the real deal and true affiliates. I don't really NEED a pale imitation of 36 chambers with phoned in mercenary verses.

I guarantee the emcee list on 90% of the album looks like this: CilvAringz, some dude from Holland who nobody has ever heard of rapping completely in Dutch, Don Pachino's little cousin, Pop the Brown Hornet, and 4 bars from the least successful of the 9 Generals at the time the song recorded (probably heavy features U-God from when he was driving cabs).

The only non-Rza production I think I would be interested in on an entire Wu album is Mathematics or 4th disciple.

Edit: unfortunately wasn't able to find that song on Spotify, but will find it onyoutube later and give it a listen.
Cat below me linked the YouTube

I agree with you though - he aint that good
But supposedly this album has all the clan .. it even has Cher on one of the tracks

I really just want an entire album produced by True Master

KingV

I really liked La The Darkman's first album, too.

Forgot about that one. Made me put it on actually!

Those early days of Wu were dope. So many albums dropping from out of nowhere. I just remember flipping through album racks and finding that Wu emblem on a CD case and immediately grabbing it even though I didn't know who it was.

Also? How does Spotify not have Love hell or right?

Dope album

Edit to above post: I forgot about True Master. I also really like his production.

Interesting to hear about the album having Cher and shit. I would like to hear it, but I'm also skeptical. Been burned on too many Wu projects in recent years. This is from somebody who liked the PlayStation game, lol.

Top Bottom