• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the first match worked well enough by chance, I can't imagine them coming close to matching it now, especially with the current match style of Lesnar and their brief encounter at Summerslam.

Cole: "hey that's Mojo Rawley from Smackdown"
Mojo: "Roman, I don't deserve this incredibly prestigious Andre the Giant Battle Memorial trophy, every time I look at it I can see Andre looking down with disappointment, I try to stay hype but the hype disipates. I can't keep kidding myself, or keep disrespecting the dead...
But you Roman, you ARE the hype, and I know if Andre were here he'd want you to have this trophy, permanently.
I've been given the go ahead to announce the retirement of the Andre battle royale, before I hand it over to you Roman, it's final, TRUE owner... I modified its arm with my apparent tech background so it can raise your hand"

*Andre's golden arm moves with the buzzing of technology, it clasps Roman's hand while on tv a ghostly image of a smiling Andre is plastered behind Reigns with video editing*

Can the Andre arms do the Yes Chant and give it to Roman?

Got around to No Mercy this morning on my way into work (long commutes y'all)

* Miz / Jordan -- Miz was over as fuck this whole match and the crowd seemed dead on Jordan. He's just super vanilla and that post-match promo was terrible

* Finn / Bray -- match was alright, typical showing. A good early PPV match without a whole lot. I got worried for a second they were going to have Finn go to the back and re-emerge as the demon

* Dean & Seth / Cesaro & sheamus - sweet jesus was this a top notch match. I was worried it was building into spot fests but it was such a slow build to some big moments

* Womans 5-way -- I was surprised to see Nia getting some love from the crowd. I thought overall this was pretty ok with a rather boring finish after so much building. Emma looked a little out of her element, but still held her own and surprised me.

* Cena / Reigns -- bounced around on this way but was not surprised to see Roman get the win. Felt a little odd with Cena at the end and the crowd not knowing how to treat it

* Neville / Enzo -- What an absolute shit match. Enzo really cant' wrestle worth a shit and Neville had to result to rest holds and armbars for most of it.

* Brock / Braun -- Gotta be honest, this one let me down. It had some great energy early on but then it just devolved into big guys pulling off a single move and laying around. Was kind of hoping to see Braun get the strap here as I worry this may have knocked him down a few slots in the rung

I thought as a whole the PPV was pretty solid, like a C+/B-, with some quality undercard matches.

Mahonay

Banned
Doesn't even seem like an audible was called, looked like Cesaro did all of the high spots left in the match as planned, and did it well. That is a fucking man right there, Jesus.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Roman Reigns is our god and master. Roman controls the skies, Roman reigns over the sea. He is the alpha and omega. The creator of the heavens itself. He truly is, The Big Dog.

Mahonay

Banned
Holy shit Nia Jax has improved quite a bit. Great monster heel work early on in this match.

Ok that powerbomb spot was pretty good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nia was great last night. That powerbomb spot was dope.

Sephzilla

Just saw the Cesaro botch

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

Not sure what soundtrack you listened to, but Shinsuke Kikuchi's dragon ball score is legendary. Glad you enjoyed it.
It was the Kikuchi one. Went on quite the fucking ride with that. 6*
pretty sure cesaro didn't actually lose any teeth. his top two front teeth got lodged up and into his gums... which is significantly more fucked up and sounds insanely painful.
Jesus fuck that sounds way worse
Why does no one use the torture rack anymore? Looks great and would look devastating from someone like Braun.
He should've retired Goldberg and gotten the Jackhammer

Mahonay

Banned
Do you forget that she like killd baylay like a month ago and has mediocre and promos matches every week?
Nope haven't forgotten that. She was way out of her league for a while now, pushed far too soon.

Woman that I saw in this No Mercy match seems to have dramatically improved. She deserves some credit. She didn't have to step it up like this.

BiggNife

Yea

I would actually really like to see WWE push one of the women "giants" and Nia is obviously better than Tamina. Nia's been putting in work and is consistently getting better both in promos and in-ring.

Giving Nia the title would make things a lot more interesting than just giving it to Sasha or Bayley again

Still hoping Piper Niven shows up in NXT soon

Sephzilla

There's some serious capcom marks in that MVCI sales thread

Ultimate Marvel 3 bombed and Marvel entrant #s and viewer #s at Evo have been going down year after year. Couple that with Infinite not looking fantastic in any way and I'm not surprised Marvel selling like shit.

There's some serious capcom marks in that MVCI sales thread
I like that a good amount of people are taking it as "see! it should've been on the Switch" instead of the game looking insanely unappealing and missing most of the fan favorites for people who actually care about MvC

I would've looked past the bullshit if there were more than like 2 characters I'd like to play

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For whatever reason, the FGC is steadfastly loyal to Capcom despite the fact that they will whine and moan about them at every opportunity

Actually that sounds pretty familiar

LOL. Same thing, for sure.

I played some MVC:I and it felt ridiculously sterile. Missing a lot of what gives games personality.

I like SFV, I'm just not good at it. Especially when I'm playing 20 other games at once, come back to people who play it religiously and I'm even worse than before lol

Juri is the only character I really like playing as and she's considered one of the worst so it's all on the balancing not my skills brother

Juri IS pretty dreadful though, I could give you a pass there.
why the shit does she have to charge up her special moves to use when they're not even that impressive?

Top Bottom