• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I buy an extra bongo set or Astro Boy (GBA)?

Alcibiades

I have about 90 min. to 2 hours to make a decision, I'll be heading over to Best Buy to decide.

hard to decide, I really want a cool GBA game to take on the go, but the allure of 4-player sessions on Donkey Konga seem too cool...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Is it Astro Boy vs. second bongo or fourth bongo.

If it's a second, definitely do it. I only say that cause four player konga sessions are not all that, but two player games are excellent.

mosaic

go eat paint
God, I hate to be pragmantic, but... the bongos aren't likely to drop in price and may become tougher to get over time.

Astro Boy, for all of its awesome goodness, is destined for a price chop one of these days.

So... I vote bongos, even if Astro Boy deserves all the sales it gets.

Alcibiades

mosaic said:
God, I hate to be pragmantic, but... the bongos aren't likely to drop in price and may become tougher to get over time.

Astro Boy, for all of its awesome goodness, is destined for a price chop one of these days.

So... I vote bongos, even if Astro Boy deserves all the sales it gets.

basically, it would be (3rd + 4th bongo) or just Astro Boy.

I'm going to be taking the Donkey Konga to the student center where people will be enjoying a DDR for free (part of larger weekly Friday night event along w/ free bowling, pool, etc...), and I know I'll have opportunities to play 4p probably.

BUT, I really want a GBA game (I only brought Golden Sun with me to college).

although I know I'll be supporting poor SEGA (who doesn't usually publish their GBA games) on this magnificant release, I guess you are right about lowering in price soon probably.

I mean, I can sort-of afford all three, but there also the consideration that some special deal will happen with the bongos one day.

Spike

Well, there are other ways to play Astro Boy, Yarharhar.

AstroBoy is a really good game, but there is alot of cheapness to it. Level 5-2 is the major offender. I traded it in after finishing it and discovering everything because I didn't really think I'd ever play it again.

Donkey Konga, I have no opinion on because I haven't played it. The main reason I'd buy DKonga is to be ready for Jungle Beat. Oh, and don't worry about the availability of bongos, they'll be around. The only problem is that stores generally are slow to replenish product during the Christmas rush, so keep that in mind.

Alcibiades

BuddyChrist83 said:
Bongo.

Get Astro Boy later, it'll be easier to find.
yeah, I think I'm going to go with the bongos, though IMO, it will be harder to find Astro Boy (don't even know if SEGA is going to do more than one shipment), and the "shortage" of bongos is seriously being overplayed, I'm sure over the course of the next 3 months Nintendo will have plenty of them going out.

BuddyC

Also compare how much fun you'll have tonight with one versus the other. You'll probably get more out of the bongos tonight than you would with Astro Boy, assuming you're playing with decent folk.

Alcibiades

BuddyChrist83 said:
Also compare how much fun you'll have tonight with one versus the other. You'll probably get more out of the bongos tonight than you would with Astro Boy, assuming you're playing with decent folk.
Just got two of their bongos tonight.

They seemed to have received 5 of them, and I bought 3 this week.

Alcibiades

edit: so now I'll have total of 4.

I used a $5 OFF coupon for one, and with the other, paid the full $30 and got the free Fusion Tour CD they are giving away with Nintendo purchases...

Top Bottom