• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me the cell/mobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo

So I got a new mobile phone yesterday. I got it for the equivalent of 1 cent, because I made a deal with the phone company. Well here is my little beauty (SonyEricsson T630):

t630_offside.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
Great phone, I used to own one of them. But Just out of curiosity, why did you buy that when the SE K700 has been released?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I was gonna make a thread, but I'll post my questions here.
My family is kindly removing me from their family plan, so I'm gonna get my own plan.
Really, all I want is unlimited night/weekend, and being able to use AIM would be a big plus.
I don't care too much about tech of the phone, a good solid phone that lets me do the AIM and Texting is just fine with me.
Any suggestions on phone/plan/company?

Ryo

Fusebox -> 'cause it was the best deal around, and I didn't want to wait. I realized that my previous deal with the phone company had expired, and bam.. 30 minutes later I had the T630 in my hand. I used to own a Nokia 3510 (http://www.nokia.se/phones/3510/ )

Nokia 68xx for texting. The face unfolds to reveal a nice full keyboard making texting much easier. Most if not all carriers have some kind of unlimited night/weekend plan. That you'll have to shop around for. I do know that T-Mobile just recently added unlimited messaging for $9.99 so if you do a lot of IM through Yahoo, MSN, or AOL, that'd be a good plan to get. Not sure which the Nokia 68xx supports though (maybe all?)

IMO, Nokia makes nice solid phones though they are a bit on the ugly side. They're also handed out like STDs so you'll hardly be unique with a Nokia. They're built like a brick though, at least the two I've owned.

Fusebox

Banned
Good upgrade Ryo, you'll love it. You should get the FMA software and a bluetooth dongle to make the most of it. :)

I love my K700 coz it has mp3 ringtones, fm radio, speaker phone, 41 meg of memory, video recording and playback, vga cam w/ 4 x zoom and flash/torch, great java games support, bluetooth etc etc.. I love mine so much I bought two.

se-k700-350x300.gif

Heres some snaps I took with the K700 using its onboard effects:

k700decks.jpg

k700pic.JPG

:)

andthebeatgoeson

a670large.jpg

Just got it shipped thru Verizon. Utilized the 'Free Every Two Years' deal, which made this bad boy free, including the online rebate. Very nice, nice camera with flash, great screen and even though I haven't put it to good use, the voice recognition is suprisingly good.

I haven't found too much that I think has been lefted out but I'll keep putting it through the motions. Just had it delivered 2 days ago.

Ryu

I'm interested in buying a new cell phone and would like either a new Samsung or a new Motorolla. I was looking at the following models:

Samsung e316
l_samsung_e316.jpg

Motorola MPx200
l_motorola_mpx200.jpg

I heard some mixed things about the moto phone namely the OS that operates the phone. The 2002 version of the OS was buggy, but some phones are flash upgraded to the 2003 version. The thing that bothers me is that I don't know what that means. Does anyone here? Does anyone here even know about either of these phones or if they're worth anything at all or should I look elsewhere?

The main thing I do want is the ability to IM (though I think all phones can do this nowadays), a flip phone, color screen, the polyphonic ringtones, and one that is pretty sturdy with good battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom