• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly 2 hype

I'll admit it, I'm hyped about Sly 2. Sure, Murray is a pussy. Yes, Sly is not as well armed as Ratchet or Jak. But Thevius Raccoonus had me charmed. It had nifty art and character designs and the game was enjoyable. If they can expand and refine what they had there and totally avoid any and all GTA influences this should be rollicking fun. Band of Thieves is more than penciled in on my september games to get list.
That is all.

09.jpg

243561.jpg

Agent X

I hear ya, playa!

The demo that I've played (which my friend got me from E3) is really good. The scenario depicted in the screen shot above is part of the demo. You have to follow Dimitri (the lizard) to his hideout, but you have to do it in such a way that you avoid being spotted by Dimitri or any of his goons that are prowling the streets. There are multiple ways you can do this, but you might find certain paths to be better than others. It's very fun, with a lot of "stealth" elements. The music that plays during this segment is great, too.

SuperPac

For some reason I'd held off playing the Sly 2 demo disc that Sony gave out at E3 until tonight. So this has only fueled my excitement for this game even more. I was a *big* big fan of Sly the first time around. Already this game looks to be everything i loved about the first one and so much more. Good thing it comes out in September. Then maybe it won't get too lost in the end of the year's other releases.

I was such a fan of the first game that I have both the original , Greatest Hits, *and* the Japanese release (which has the best cover art of the three). Sucker Punch and Insomniac are easily the world's finest character action game developers.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
they gave out a sly 2 demo disc at e3? i just got a couple 989 sports demos. :/

i really liked the original sly, but i'm not really that enthused about the squad gameplay of the sequel. seems to deviate from the straightforward platforming that made the original so much fun.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i picked up sly for my gf to play, and she really loves it. i'm going to plow through it sometime soon before the sequel hits. great, great character design and just fun-as-hell platforming elements.

Mr_Furious said:
Here's the new and (imo) improved boxart :

b280997ab.jpg

Thank god. I was hoping the one I posted wasn't final. Sucker Punch is positioned nicely in september. I just hope people notice. I'm seeing a trend where these types of games are undervalued compared to other genres, which imo sucks. Is the latest greatest FPS really better than, say, a game like this or R and C? I doubt it.

SuperPac

Wow, I like that new box art much better. It's a lot classier. Though nothing is quite the same as the Japanese box art for the first game. Esp. the logo...

jpnsly.jpg

I hope Sly 2 has the kind of extras the first game did. The level races with bonus commentary really added quite a bit to the game after it was all over. If the setup is different this time with some squad-based stuff then maybe they'll have to do something different. Hmmm...

SaitoH

Because of the upcoming sequel, I finally got off my ass and started playing the original (which has sat unplayed for over a year O_O;; ). Almost at 50% and so far I'm quite impressed. Fun game that actually manages to differentiate itself from the other platformers.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm not especially excited after the first one, but I have a demo sitting here, I wonder if it's the same as the E3 one. Gamestop just got a bunch in for pre-orders and I grabbed one.

Top Bottom