• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly2review 1UP.com:sez Sly1 got some acclaim, but looking back, it's hard to see why

"Sly 2, on the other hand, is worth your attention. It takes the by-the-numbers hop-and-bop stuff from Sly 1 and expands in all directions from there, doing everything that the first game did and better, too." :D

http://appsrv-2.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3134495&did=1

"This is exactly how a sequel should be done, and if there's anything wrong with it, it's only that it makes you wonder how Sucker Punch can possibly make as big a leap with the next game as they did with Sly 2."

Looks like this game is shaping up to be a great one. Good review aside from the Sly 1 hate. The original's only problem was that it was way too short. I loved it otherwise.

BenT

Sly 1 was a highly linear, action-based platformer at a time when 3D platformers were generally slow-paced, free-roaming collect-a-thons. It was a blast from the past, only in 3D. That's why it rocked.

... In addition to all those pretty trappings.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sly1 got some acclaim, but looking back, it's hard to see why
I whole-heartedly agree. I like the style and presentation of the game, but the actual game itself didn't seem like anything special at all. Pretty dry and dull when you got down to the actual gameplay.

Stryder

BenT said:
Sly 1 was a highly linear, action-based platformer at a time when 3D platformers were generally slow-paced, free-roaming collect-a-thons.
Damn, that's why I looked over it, I might have to pick up the second then :)

Sly 1 was a lot of fun. But it was also kind of easy. If this guy thinks it had a high difficulty level he must not have played Sony's other recent platform/action outings.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sly Cooper was awesome to me becuase I just finished playing the dreadful Super Mario Sunshine and even though Sly Cooper was a lot shorter than SMS, I had more fun with Sly than Mario :p

Top Bottom