• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smackdown Spoilers For 6/17 (It Is Getting A Bit More Intresting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Match:

*Billy Kidman pinned Carly Colon with the shooting star press.

Velocity Taping:

*Jamie Knoble pinned Paul London.

*The Full Blooded Italians’ Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli defeated Akio & Sakoda.

- Bill DeMott and Josh Matthews came to ringside to call the next match.

*Mark Jindrak pinned Hardcore Holly. Holly got a big reaction live.

-They began setting up for Smackdown. The Velocity announcers left, followed by the introduction of Tazz and Michael Cole live.

Smackdown:

*The Dudley Boyz defeated Rico and Charlie Haas to win the WWE Tag Team championships. Bubba Pinned Rico with his feet on the ropes. Haas had bumped Jackie Gayda off the apron and was checking on her outside of the ring during the pin.

*At the ramp, Paul Heyman greeted the Dudleys. After commercial, Heyman did a long interview explaining that at the Great American Bash PPV, it would be The Undertaker vs. The Dudleys in a handicap match. Heyman explained that “The Undertaker’s conscience” (Paul Bearer) would be sitting inside a glass “crypt” for everyone to see at the PPV and if Undertaker didn’t do the right thing, they would fill the crypt with cement. They had a coffin and cement truck for visual effect.

*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero is in the ring right now for an interview.

*WWE champion cut a promo in the ring, challenging John Bradshaw Layfield to come out. Instead The Bashams came out, telling Eddie they have unfinished business. This led to...

*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero pinned Doug Basham.

-Backstage, John Cena came to Kurt Angle’s office. Angle tells Cena that later tonight, he will have to team with Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T. Angle also said the Great American Bash 4 way will be an elimination bout.

-Backstage, Funaki (dressed like Cena) does a battle rap with John Matthews. Funkai makes fun of Kurt Angle. Angle tells Funaki he will face Luther Raines.

*Kenzo Suzuki pinned Spike Dudley.

*They aired news footage about John Bradshaw Layfield being fired by CNBC. Layfield cut a promo in the ring saying that CNBC never called him, and that American media stinks because it focuses on the negative. Eddie Guerrero came out and brawled with Layfield.

*Rey Mysterio pinned Chavo Classic to win the WWE Cruiserweight championship in a short match. Classic hugged Chavo Guerrero in the ring after the match.

-Backstage, they showed Luther Raines preparing for his match against Funaki.

*In the ring right now is Kenzo Suzuki vs. Spike Dudley.

Note: I've heard word from backstage that scheduled for later tonight is Rey Mysterio facing Chavo Classic for the Cruiserweight championship, so I think we all know where that is heading!

*Luther Raines pinned Funaki. Raines warned that anyone who messes with Kurt Angle and has to go through him. Angle comes out and made Raines beat down Funkai.

*Torrie Wilson comes out dressed like Uncle Sam promoting the PPV.

*Backstage, Booker T is interviewed by Josh Matthews, saying he got screwed out of beating John Cena last week. Rene Dupree warned Booker that he better have Dupree's back tonight.

*In the ring right now is John Cena and Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T.

*Rob Van Dam & John Cena vs. Booker T & Rene Dupree - Cena and RVD ended up fighting during the bout after clearing the ring of the heels. The lights go out and Undertaker appears and is in the ring. He tombstones Cena. Paul Heyman and The Dudleys come out. It appears the show ends here.

After the show ends, The Dudleys try to shake Undertaker's hand. John Bradshaw Layfield comes out and after some banter, ends up chokeslam.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Sounds decent. Sounds better than this week's RAW. But it si a shame that the champ is in such a pathetic fued that he gets stuck in the first hour.

pops619

Yeah, Smackdown slowly seems to be turning around... I still doubt that I'll watch this, though.

It's worth noting that Chavo Classic was fired for no-showing a couple of house shows. That explains the quick title change. It's sad that it came to that, as he was an entertaining character. Hopefully, the cruiserweight division will be taken seriously again. I guess that's unlikely, but getting the belt back on a real cruiserweight is a start.

Bowser

Eh, doesn't look very good to me. Rumor has it that Bradshaw will wrestle his last match @ The Great American Bash, putting over Eddie Guererro before being fired by WWE for his Nazi shtick. I can only hope it happens (sorry, but Bradshaw is a cancer, and he NEEDS to be fired). Maybe we can finally turn Taker heel (but I doubt it, he has that fued with Mordecai coming up); it'd be interesting to see how Taker would be aligned with Heyman. Thigns would turn around if they turned Cena into a tweener (he can't be a heel, the crowd will cheer no matter what, but his face shtick sucks). Hopefully things will get better soon.

Bowser

impirius said:
Whoa, when did they dig up the Great American Bash name? Are they going to use any more WCW PPV names?

There's a RAW PPV on Oct. 19 which has yet to be named; it might have a wCw PPV name, but that's the only one. Interesting thing is they are having this PPV as well as No Mercy on Oct. 3...two PPVs in one month.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Bowser said:
Eh, doesn't look very good to me. Rumor has it that Bradshaw will wrestle his last match @ The Great American Bash, putting over Eddie Guererro before being fired by WWE for his Nazi shtick. I can only hope it happens (sorry, but Bradshaw is a cancer, and he NEEDS to be fired). Maybe we can finally turn Taker heel (but I doubt it, he has that fued with Mordecai coming up); it'd be interesting to see how Taker would be aligned with Heyman. Thigns would turn around if they turned Cena into a tweener (he can't be a heel, the crowd will cheer no matter what, but his face shtick sucks). Hopefully things will get better soon.

Well, Dave Meltzer is reporting that Vince is going to try to use the publicity to his advantage. Bradshaw will not be fired according to him. We will see. I wouldn't mind seeing UT get a stable or a mini-stable atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom