• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smurf: Rescue at Gargamel's Castle

Pimpbaa said:
You didn't need an adam to play Buck Rogers. Me and my friend use to play it all the time and neither of us had an adam (or even seen one).

No, you didn't. But the ADAM cassatte version was superior to the Coleco cart.

Pimpbaa

Spectral Glider said:
No, you didn't. But the ADAM cassatte version was superior to the Coleco cart.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. I'm curious to what was better in the adam version, I use to love that game.

Pimpbaa said:
Ahh ok, that makes sense. I'm curious to what was better in the adam version, I use to love that game.

Hmm, well, my memory is hazy as I haven't played it in a long, long time. I never had an ADAM, just my friend did who bought one from Toys R Us for like $700. He tended to get stuff I never had (ADAM, C-128, Amiga) and the stuff we both had, he wound up with first....first to get Coleco, first to get a C-64, first to get an NES etc. Anyhow, If I remember correctly, the Adam version of Buck Rogers had more stuff to shoot and avoid on the levels, these giant things that bounced around on the screen are the one thing that comes to mind. Don't remember what they were called, I used to refer to them as giant tomatoes back then, lol. Also, I think the ADAM version had more or better music. It certainly wasn't worth the cost though as all those systems eventually broke and his games for it became about as useful as blank tapes.

Top Bottom