• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snowblind Screens

Gribbix

CVG Preview

vortal_pic_127312.jpg

vortal_pic_127308.jpg
vortal_pic_127306.jpg
vortal_pic_127307.jpg
vortal_pic_127309.jpg
vortal_pic_127310.jpg
vortal_pic_127311.jpg

vortal_pic_127321.jpg

vortal_pic_127323.jpg
vortal_pic_127322.jpg

Looks pretty good. Hopefully it is considering all the impressions from E3 sounded very positive.

The science fiction setting piles all kinds of possibilities into the action - on top of health, you'll have to stock up on bio-energy to keep your wealth of collectible body-mods in working order. The stuff you can jack into your system adds an extra fat layer of gameplay to the proceedings - so far we've seen invisibility, speed and slow-motion modifications. There's even one that lets you take over enemy bots and send them out to do your dirty work. Best of all, you can mix them together for some wicked tricks like slowing down the action and boosting your speed so you can grab grenades from the air and chuck them back in their owners' faces. Nice one!

Sounds like it could be an interesting take on things.

And is it just me or has the console FPS just exploded since Halo came on the scene?

Scott

Society said:
UT2k4 mod?
As far as I know it started out as Deus-Ex: Clan Wars (or something close to that), and got renamed/retooled along the way.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am on the title. :p

Gribbix

Scott said:
As far as I know it started out as Deus-Ex: Clan Wars (or something close to that), and got renamed/retooled along the way.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am on the title. :p

You are correct, sir.

Slo

I don't want to live in a world where the Deus Ex name is so diminished that second rate games like this one don't even want to milk it for sales.

Agent X

Every time I see the name of this game mentioned (in articles, release lists, etc.), I immediately think of Snowblind Studios first, rather than this game. Does this happen to anyone else?

Die Squirrel Die said:
And is it just me or has the console FPS just exploded since Halo came on the scene?

Yeah, I think so too. Although really, most of them are the same old me-too crap over and over again; it's hard to get excited them--this game included. The only first-person shooter that I really give a darn about anymore (on consoles) is TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, because I enjoyed TimeSplitters 2 so damn much. Perhaps Black might be worth watching, because it's done by Criterion Games (Burnout developers), but we really don't know much enough about that game at this point in time.

impirius

I'm kinda getting a cool 3DO vibe from the UI and aesthetics in general.

(The system, not the Army Men Factory)

Gribbix

impirius said:
I'm kinda getting a cool 3DO vibe from the UI and aesthetics in general.

(The system, not the Army Men Factory)

That makes sense considering Crystal Dynamics began solely as a 3DO developer before branching out to other consoles.

wazoo

It is not really about Halo, but from the fact we have at last sufficient power for average dev to develop FPS.

Last gen, FPS scene on ps1 was not very brilliant (except MOH) and only one/two dev succeeded in mastering the FPS developement on N64. (GE/PD/Turok)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Checked this out at E3. It's very slick and the weapons are very well thought - could easily contend as one of the best online Versus FPSers on console.

And it did strike me odd that the main character looked like a Crackhead version of JC Denton. I take it this was the PS2 Deus Ex game rumoured to originally be shown at E3 2003 right?

Top Bottom