• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
ok now listening to the boys live, sounds like another big hit for them imo. has grown on me.

also, i must sound so dumb trying to sing korean phoentically.

Salazar said:
Shout out to Sykoex.

Eunjung at fashion week.

tumblr_lten0836b51qmlid03r.jpg

tumblr_lten0836b51qmlit24k.jpg

tumblr_ltemw7b1121qmlib5vd.jpg
Old post but I like.

Fafnir

lol I fell asleep waiting for Music Bank...The Boys really works live, everyone has their own parts but Seohyun kills it vocally, I think she has already overtaken Fany as 3rd vocal. Someone needs to fancam Sooyoung's shrieking fangirl (I hope it's a girl).

ywg5R.gif

Interesting to see that KBS allowed SM to use the performance on their youtube channel.

Bonus video of Soshi's 1st Music Bank win. I kind of teared up watching it the first time, but after further viewing find it hilarious due to Sunny's sobbing in the background. They got into a minor car accident before this and had to run to the studio to perform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8htp0abS22w

Peru

Interesting to see that KBS allowed SM to use the performance on their youtube channel.

A more sensible approach than LOEN's - they're ruthlessly removing any and all Secret performances.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
zSWZg.jpg

Edit: Wait, wat...

WO9eS.jpg

Yubin is smaller than Sohee? People always made such a deal out of Sohee's smallness, I had no idea.

wcwfL.jpg

Apathetic Yubin, lol.

Dice

The Korean government saw Hyoyeon and realized that Wonder Girls were overpowered, so to prevent a kpop monopoly they made JYP replace Sunmi (who went to school, as suggested by the government) with Lim.

TRUFAX

Dice said:
The Korean government saw Hyoyeon and realized that Wonder Girls were overpowered, so to prevent a kpop monopoly they made JYP replace Sunmi (who went to school, as suggested by the government) with Lim.

TRUFAX

themoreyouknow.jpg

Alta1r

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
WO9eS.jpg

What is that on the right? No offense if she has some sort of syndrome or defect.

On first glance I thought it was Ham. And then I looked at the rest and thought maybe it was a spoof of Kara. And then I saw Yubin. These are the girls that are going to compete with Soshi? Lol.

Dice

Yeah, she's pretty cool, and really good at English, and a good dancer insofar as is required for WG performances. However, she can't sing very well and doesn't have looks to make up for it. Kpop is an industry where that matters.

Though, as someone who listens to WG every day, I would at least say I strangely appreciate her congested-sinus-sounding voice for simply being distinct, as all the WG members voices are, to have some variety and easily tell who is singing. Similarly, I've actually developed a liking of Sohee for her cute whispery voice.

Ranvier

Alta1r said:
On first glance I thought it was Ham. And then I looked at the rest and thought maybe it was a spoof of Kara. And then I saw Yubin. These are the girls that are going to compete with Soshi? Lol.

Holy shit, the one on the right does look like Ham. And the one in the middle is really channeling Goo. The second most right could be said to look like Gyrui but, I won't insult the Goddess by saying that. They even have 2 unknown members that kinda just chew the scenery and are used to fill out the stage.

Edit: Oh that's Wonder Girl's. The above statement was in total jest. I can't hate on them. You're Out has given me so much pleasure past few weeks and Tell Me is a pretty good song too.
though I liked SNSD's version better

I think the reason SNSD can't be beat is not in their songs, that is just secondary. It's their overall entertainment skills. They are pretty much the whole package and almost never boring when there's a camera on them.
Except for the Maknae and Sooyoung at times

Alta1r

I don't know about that. There's not much that can look like the one on the right. In that picture they're almost arranged in order of looks, from most attractive to face made for radio. Just gotta switch up Yubin.

Dice

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
'Nobody' is still the shit, one of the less awkward Korean to English songs out there.
Yeah, Wonder Girls are way better at English and have more soul than any other idol group. Nobody isn't the song to demonstrate the latter, but I can't wait to see what they have in their new album. Two years abroad had to have improved their English quite a bit further.

Ranvier

Dice said:
no way, yoona is waaaay better looking than yuri

Great Sarcasm Dice. Usually sarcasm can't really be detected over a cold inexpressive forum like this but you made your comment so damn absurd that it can't be mistaken for anything but sarcasm.

Clever
girl
Dice.

Salazar

I'm surprised kpop social media hacking doesn't happen all the time. I mean, it's basically implicit in the bug-eyed netizen culture.

jokkir

I'll ask again but does anyone have more pictures of T.O.P. with this hairstyle?

1MaTt.jpg

I want to get it but may possibly need more pictures >_>

Edgeward

I still don't really like the Boys, but I have no qualms about it watching a live performance of it because the dances are still good and the live factor more than make up for it. But I doubt I would ever listen to it on my ipod.

Dice

Yeah, they just announced she was hacked. Probably just wasn't using https and got picked up from a wifi fisher.

Salazar

wing_zero8556 said:
wheres the suju fan meltdown happening?

tumblr. Crazed about how SM Ent have knifed SuJu to promote Soshi. And salty because Lee Soo Man said that SuJu were squished together from leftovers after the top male idols went into TVXQ. The guys who didn't make it still had contracts, so to do something with them they made SuJu. It's not like that isn't common industry practice - hell, it's basically the norm. But their fans can't take it.

Some of the stuff is hilarious.

another thought. do you realize how well super junior would do if they were self produced? shindong could easily be the producer. henry/leeteuk/eunhyuk/donghae (and others) have all had amazing compositions so far. zhou mi would be a great stylist. and the name super junior promotes itself.
there are more aspects to everyone being able to do this, but those were the names that came to me when i had this thought.

i mean, it would be so amazing, you don’t even know what’s flashing through my head.

Niks

Veyfs.jpg

[Trans] RADIO SUMMARY:

The 'sitting down' part of the dance is the most cool but difficult one, that made girls difficult to climb up and down the stairs.

Leeteuk said Seohyun has become more mature and doesn't look like the maknae. Fany screamed at that comment.

SNSD use smartphone chatroom to communicate, when they asked who use it most often , Yoona said it's Taeyeon, she appears most of the time. Hyoyeon doesn't really participate.

During The Boys MV shooting, the dove (in sica's hands) pooed on Sunny's shoulder, Taeyeon says she witnessed it.

Girls liked the beat of The Boys when they first heard it. Yuri said that the sound and beat was familiar to her.

Most members love meat the most, when they were asked about fave food in Japan, Sunny says that most of them love sweet food like ice cream.

What changed the most in SNSD? - girls chose 2nd choice: their characters changed a lot, became brighter.

Leeteuk: Do you think that you're pretty? Girls: Um.. just like this.. if we put make-ups...

Who became prettier? Taeyeon: Seohyun. Hyoyeon: Sooyoung.

Leeteuk: Please give some advice on WGM as a senior. Taeyeon: It's going to end anyway...

Taeyeon: If there're activities overseas, we would like to go. Leeteuk: Your English is good too. Fany: Are you referring to Taeyeon? Leeteuk: Is Taeyeon's English good? Taeyeon: NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom