• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So anyone getting Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 ? |OT?|

MRORANGE

I dunno anyone is interested in this game? the only thing that caught my attention is that it runs CyrEngine 3 and it has realistic bullet sway and drop.

header.jpg

Walk-through 26 mins with developer

Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PlayStation Vita
Release Date: NA March 12, 2013 EU: March 15, 2013

About the Game

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 promises to be the ultimate sniper experience you can buy for the PC. Building on the suggestions of over 3 million fans who bought the original Ghost Warrior, CI Games utilized the phenomenal CryEngine 3 and worked hard to implement changes and redesign the game so it can better meet the sniping fan’s taste.

System Requirements:

OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 9Gb
Video Card:NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM or better
DirectX®: 9.0c
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Skyzard

Banned
I burst out laughing at the thread title for some reason but awesome, Vita version! Count me in.

Whole game on sniping, gotta have it (barring any major issues).

Zornica

Banned
I may be getting the wiiu version, if that turns out to be a somewhat decent port.

But somehow I doubt it...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm certainly interested in it but I've never played the original and I know it was supposed to be quite bad. One of my mates was telling me though that it was patched up and whilst not exactly 'good' after patching he still had a good time with it flaws and all. Maybe I'll eventually get round to installing it on Steam......maybe :p

DukeBobby

I recently bought the first game for £2. I'd probably pay about the same for this, unless it turns out to be surprisingly good, which is unlikely.

Interested, but not at ful price given the first attempt.
Yeah I need to know that there are no more CoD style run and gun sequences for one thing.

Really the ideal sniper game, for me, would play a bit like Far Cry 3's outposts. Approach from any angle, set up in a good spot and take down your targets as you see fit.

Dead Man

Yeah I need to know that there are no more CoD style run and gun sequences for one thing.

Really the ideal sniper game, for me, would play a bit like Far Cry 3's outposts. Approach from any angle, set up in a good spot and take down your targets as you see fit.

Pretty much. Less prescient enemy ai would be nice too. Just looked at the official site, they are saying all the right things, but I'll still wait until I have seen some gameplay footage.

I don't expect that new Sniper will be better than previous one. At the moment I am only curious, if they are using the assets from their previous games ;) For example Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 was using models from Armed Forces Corp.

Gold_Loot

Well I figured I would do my good deed for GAF and bought this today (PS3). I will have impressions later today.
Side note- 330 meg patch, as well as an install.

Effect

No, it isn't. Sniper Elite V2 is which is probably what you're confusing it with.

It was said there was CryEngine 3 game coming to the Wii U. I think most just assumed it was Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. Nothing else seemed to fit since Crysis 3 wasn't going to be released.

I still don't understand why Sniper Elite V2 is being released..

ak1976

Neo Member
I haven't seen any reviews on the ps3 version of this game that came out today. Kinda odd...anyone have it yet?? It's only $39.99 also : ) Oops, didn't see poster above me...i look forward to your impressions, Gold Loot : )

Gold_Loot

OK, I just did a run through the first mission. It's not too shabby really. The game certainly has that "low budget" jank to it, but you can tell that the team had thier hearts in the right place, if that makes any sense.

-Graphics are nice for the most part. A few rough textures here and there , but nothing to get upset about. I really like the motion blur that the Cryengine3 gives you.

-Framerate is (for the most part) is OK on PS3 I would guess it bounces between 27 - 30 FPS. Smoother than the Crysis games but missed the steady 30 FPS mark.

-Sound and music is of the usual military theme. I need to play with the sound settings and dig a bit deeper here.(I was unable to crank it up due to my 18mo. old son sleeping on my lap).

-Gameplay is very much a typical first person shooter. Anyone familier with CoD, Killzone , Crysis-ECT will know what to expect. The only downside I have noticed right away is the enemy death animations aren't quite as satisfying as some like ,say Sniper Elite v2 . Yes, this game has the good old "bullet cam" and slow-mo kills, but the don't have that same "punch" that v2 has (no exit wounds is probably the reason for this).

Overall, I think I can extract some fun out of this. It's very average, but at the same time, clearing out a whole camp without being seen certainly gives a pleasent feeling. Based on what I played I would rank it slightly below Sniper v2, but better than something like Aliens CM. Like I said though, this is based on a quiet playthrough of the first mission so take that how you will.

- and with that, my boy just vomited all over my lap.

antitrop

So uhh, why did you preorder it then?

I can relate to what you're playin in your games
so when I have a shitty day, I drift away and put it on
cause I don't really got shit else so that shit helps when I'm depressed
I even got a tattoo of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 across the chest
Sometimes I even cut myself to see how much it bleeds
It's like adrenaline, the pain is such a sudden rush for me

El_Chino

Stan, is that you?

Today CI Games announced 2 DLCs for Ghost Warrior 2 and the first one will be released this month and it should contain single player mission in arctic enviroment.

Gold_Loot

I only skimmed your review but is this accurate then?
I'm not sure how I should answer this. He's sick though, so I doubt it was the game itself =)
Thanx for the impressions, Gold_Loot. So, is it worth $40?

I really couldn't say at this point. If the mission quality doesn't turn to complete shit, and this is your kind of thing, then sure (so far)
EDIT- you're welcome

Gold_Loot

Are the areas as big and open as Crysis? Or were you referring more to the combat mechanics?
Ya know , it's hard to say. The first mission is more of a "Follow me while I teach you how to play" kind of deal. The areas seemed like small linked sandboxes though. I was able to walk around the enemy checkpoints freely after clearing them out.

I'll have to see after the training wheels come off later though.

TheDanger

Banned

lol *listens to Stan now*

Will buy when this hits 9.99 on a Steam sale. I always enjoy these games more then they probably deserve and at the very least when everyone in multi plays sniper it won't ruin the game.

Spoke with the dev at least years gamescom they made it "more mainstream" that is sad because there are not so much of these type of games out there :(

Looking forward to getting it this summer steam sale.

Top Bottom