• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So anyone getting Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 ? |OT?|

katkombat

Banned
Huh... Watched the first 15 minutes and this looks pretty fun... (For the first 15 mins) I might bite when it drops to the same price as the first one. (I can't wait for summer! :p)

That's a real bummer. They have the opportunity to do something different, but instead they choose to copy CoD like everyone else.

This game has almost nothing in common with CoD. Even if it's more accessible (more or less equals easier to play and to succeed) regarding the few videos and previews the sequel seems to keep the spirit of the first one.

Chû Totoro;49972983 said:
This game has almost nothing in common with CoD. Even if it's more accessible (more or less equals easier to play and to succeed) regarding the few videos and previews the sequel seems to keep the spirit of the first one.
I hope you're right but I saw some pretty dumb combat sequences in the trailer, like rushing forward at a dude with a desert eagle looking pistol.

The non-sniping segments in the original were worse than any COD game ever released.I really hope they removed them from this game.
Yes, they were horrendous.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Today CI Games announced 2 DLCs for Ghost Warrior 2 and the first one will be released this month and it should contain single player mission in arctic enviroment.

Now that sounds intriguing. I'll probably pick up the game + DLC down the road when it's cheaper. Despite being a complete mess, I had fun with the first game and it's DLC.

stn

Hm, this is suddenly on my radar. What kind of environments are there? Is it in a modern-day setting?

Yes, Ghost Warrior 2 has a modern setting like every other FPS nowadays ;) One the side note one of the CI employee claims that they send more than 1 mln copies of Ghost Warrior 2 to shops already.

EvB

Played the 1st mission today, quite enjoyed it.

It was very much like those sniper misions in the cod games where you just do as you are told, but hiding up in a bell tower and covering your team mates as they attack a base is really fun.

Don't expect and freedom or creativity and I think you could enjoy it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like this has dropped to just under 12 quid for a key at Simply Games, anyone ever go through the whole game/any good for a low budget game ?

I had actually rented it on 360 and did the first two missions and despite being guided enjoyed it overall as a fun diversion. I only sent it back due to wanting Gears Of War more as a rental and part of me just wanted to wait and play it on PC. If it stays like a guided sniper tour I think I'd like it but if its full of shitey action moments I'm not so sure.

Maxxan

Can conform that 360-version is shit :p The enginge, or at least their usage of it, looks horribly poor on the console. As for the game, well you're basicly playing a bounch of sub-par COD sniper levels.

just tried the dx11 patch and the game still looks like absolute shit.. also ran into a bug that doesn't let me progress after dying and restarting the checkpoint, i have to restart the mission again

Top Bottom