• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So did David Bowie have a heart attack, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the "lollipop incident", and now this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004312732,00.html

ROCK king David Bowie suffered a heart attack during a concert, it emerged last night.

The star, 57, fell ill as he performed in Germany and doubled up in agony backstage.

He was rushed to hospital where surgeons performed an emergency operation on an acutely-blocked artery.

Then this...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=495&e=8&u=/ap/20040709/ap_en_mu/people_bowie

LONDON - Musician David Bowie (news) underwent an emergency angioplasty to open a blocked heart artery in Germany and is recuperating, his spokesman said Friday.

Doctors discovered the blockage after the 57-year-old Bowie sought treatment after performing in the German town of Scheesel on June 25, according to the spokesman, Julian Stockton.

A pinched nerve was initially cited as the cause of shoulder pain that forced Bowie to shorten a June 23 performance in Prague and eventually to cancel the remainder of a European tour.

So was this actually a heart attack, or not? It seems that the news articles are reporting it slightly differently, but with the same info. I know he smokes like a fiend...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't think he had a heart attack, sounds like some corrective surgery to prevent him from having one.

From his website:

This is the official statement I have been given to post.

British pop legend David Bowie underwent heart surgery in Germany last month prompting him to cancel his European tour. Bowie sought medical treatment after performing at a festival in the northwestern German town of Scheesel (June 25) reportedly for a pinched nerve in his shoulder.

It was discovered that the 57-year old rocker had an acutely blocked artery requiring emergency surgery (the procedure is known as an angioplasty). Bowie, who was able to leave the clinic early this week, is now convalescing with his family and hopes to start work next month. Said Bowie, "I'm so pissed off because the last 10 months of this tour have been so fucking fantastic. Can't wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won't be writing a song about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom